Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Blazers REVENGE season thread

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Portland had Drexler when they went big at a time when you needed a big, to compliment him. 8 years later Jordan won his first title

Durant was 135 pounds with one year of college. Oden, King of the Vikings, was the next big thing

Jordan I can understand, but damn... imagine them two on the floor together.

Oden is a bullshit excuse. A lot of people in upper management knew about Oden's foot problems. There were people in the organization that told Prichard that Oden was damaged goods, and he picked him anyways.
    Embid looks like a great pick because the dice fell in Philly's favor.

Oden was Embid on Steroids. It's revisionist history to the max to say Durant was easily a slam dunk over Oden.

Edit: You could argue Embids injuries were even a bigger red flag than Odens.
    There was a large contingent that felt Durant was far better than Oden based on early hoops analytics.

I was all in on Durant, as a Sonics fan i was thrilled when Portland took Oden.

And Oden didn't have Embiid's shooting or passing ability. He was a massive force in the middle but much more of an old school center than a new school guy like Embiid.
    What's lost here is that the blazers have had their souls crushed by Shaq so many times they will never pass on a gargantuan center.
    Those who ignore the Sam Bowie pick are destined to repeat it.
    Jerome Kersey, Duckworth, Sheed.

Blazer fans have always wanted a team that will fuck you up while winning it all.

Durant looked like he would get broken in half by the all star break.
    How's that worked out for them?
    You won't be laughing at the end of this season.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Portland had Drexler when they went big at a time when you needed a big, to compliment him. 8 years later Jordan won his first title

Durant was 135 pounds with one year of college. Oden, King of the Vikings, was the next big thing

Oden is a bullshit excuse. A lot of people in upper management knew about Oden's foot problems. There were people in the organization that told Prichard that Oden was damaged goods, and he picked him anyways.

Oden was Embid on Steroids. It's revisionist history to the max to say Durant was easily a slam dunk over Oden.

There was a large contingent that felt Durant was far better than Oden based on early hoops analytics.

And Oden didn't have Embiid's shooting or passing ability. He was a massive force in the middle but much more of an old school center than a new school guy like Embiid.
    What's lost here is that the blazers have had their souls crushed by Shaq so many times they will never pass on a gargantuan center.

Blazer fans have always wanted a team that will fuck you up while winning it all.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Breaking off a nat against the raptors and then Kawahi gon sign with us. Take all the screens you need btich.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Breaking off a nat against the raptors and then Kawahi gon sign with us. Take all the screens you need btich.
    I don't care enough about another obviously bad homer PDX call to screenshot it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

I don't care enough about another obviously bad homer PDX call to screenshot it.
    Because you don't know the NBA like I do. You look at this bloody street fight here in LA and don't realize this is the WCF preview. By the time my guys battle axe their way through the Lake, Golden State will be a breeze with their off the court drama.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lillard 4/4 from 3.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Because you don't know the NBA like I do. You look at this bloody street fight here in LA and don't realize this is the WCF preview. By the time my guys battle axe their way through the Lake, Golden State will be a breeze with their off the court drama.
    The PTBSIO
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

The PTBSIO
    Dame 20 pts 7/7 5/5 3pt in the 3rd quarter
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

The PTBSIO
    Dame 20 pts 7/7 5/5 3pt in the 3rd quarter
    Impressive

But still, NOC
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They put Beverley on Dame...lol
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dame and CJ combine for 62 pts
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

What we don't know is what if Durant and Westbrook and Harden had played in Seattle with a non retarded GM who kept them together

You can win titles in Portland or Seattle. It's hard anywhere. And its harder now when you have to draft 18 year olds instead of 22 year olds

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about how salary caps work.
    You can go over the cap to sign players you have Bird rights on.
    You can, but it only lasts for a year and those guys were drafted within 3 years of each other. So despite GS, it’s hard to juggle those balls for more than 2 or 3 years before having to have an absolute fire sale. Durant took the ring chaser discount with GS. However, neither Westbrook nor Harden would dream of such a thing. Nor would Durant in Seattle, snicker, I mean OKC when He was there.
    You can go over the cap as much as you want for as long as you want as long as you’re signing guys you have Bird rights on. There’s no one year rule.
    Bullshit. It’s a year.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

What we don't know is what if Durant and Westbrook and Harden had played in Seattle with a non retarded GM who kept them together

You can win titles in Portland or Seattle. It's hard anywhere. And its harder now when you have to draft 18 year olds instead of 22 year olds

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about how salary caps work.
    You can go over the cap to sign players you have Bird rights on.
    You can, but it only lasts for a year and those guys were drafted within 3 years of each other. So despite GS, it’s hard to juggle those balls for more than 2 or 3 years before having to have an absolute fire sale. Durant took the ring chaser discount with GS. However, neither Westbrook nor Harden would dream of such a thing. Nor would Durant in Seattle, snicker, I mean OKC when He was there.
    You can go over the cap as much as you want for as long as you want as long as you’re signing guys you have Bird rights on. There’s no one year rule.
    Bullshit. It’s a year.
    I’ll never post on HH again if you prove it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LIVE at the Rose bowl for grizz revenge tour tonight

@HillsboroDuck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    We have more fans at this game than the Sonics had in their last 2 seasons...

Rip City you fucking cunts
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Beating down these sorry ass bRuins now
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Can’t wait for the yearly first round plunger!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lost to the jazz last night which I only saw part of. Blazers are beating them in Salt Lake in Christmas. Guaranteed.