Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Blazers REVENGE season thread

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

salemcoog said:

In today’s NBA, you need at least 3 All Stars and a bench that goes at least 3 deep with quality to win a title. Given this, Portland will never see a Conference Final,
    Let alone NBA Final. No Quality Free Agents want to come to Portland. It would be the exact same thing in Seattle. The weather and culture suck and it’s too white.

Big belly laughs by me and Paul Allen's corpse over these shit takes
    Im gonna reserve my belly laugh for your suicide watch when Dame demands a trade in 2020.
    Next man up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

Beating the rockets ATM.

Did we win?
    That was only funny when Race said it when we were getting blown the fuck out by the Pelly's in Game 3.

You just sound a like a bitter homo doing it.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

Just lost to Grindhouse Grizzz'. :'(

#MyGrizz
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

What we don't know is what if Durant and Westbrook and Harden had played in Seattle with a non retarded GM who kept them together

You can win titles in Portland or Seattle. It's hard anywhere. And its harder now when you have to draft 18 year olds instead of 22 year olds

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about how salary caps work.
    You can go over the cap to sign players you have Bird rights on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Big time matchup against the raptors tonight. Yes Kawahi is playing in this game. Need to size this team up for when we go 7 with em.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018

Portland had Drexler when they went big at a time when you needed a big, to compliment him. 8 years later Jordan won his first title

Durant was 135 pounds with one year of college. Oden, King of the Vikings, was the next big thing

Jordan I can understand, but damn... imagine them two on the floor together.

Oden is a bullshit excuse. A lot of people in upper management knew about Oden's foot problems. There were people in the organization that told Prichard that Oden was damaged goods, and he picked him anyways.
    Embid looks like a great pick because the dice fell in Philly's favor.

Oden was Embid on Steroids. It's revisionist history to the max to say Durant was easily a slam dunk over Oden.

Edit: You could argue Embids injuries were even a bigger red flag than Odens.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a great game.

"That first score was Moe Harkless but this dunk is Moe Problems"

LOL(z)

@salemcoog
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Doogles said:

Portland had Drexler when they went big at a time when you needed a big, to compliment him. 8 years later Jordan won his first title

Durant was 135 pounds with one year of college. Oden, King of the Vikings, was the next big thing

Oden is a bullshit excuse. A lot of people in upper management knew about Oden's foot problems. There were people in the organization that told Prichard that Oden was damaged goods, and he picked him anyways.

Oden was Embid on Steroids. It's revisionist history to the max to say Durant was easily a slam dunk over Oden.

Finding a big that can rebound is much easier than finding a natural scorer, which Durant was and still is. The blazers completely fucked up.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018

salemcoog said:

What we don't know is what if Durant and Westbrook and Harden had played in Seattle with a non retarded GM who kept them together

You can win titles in Portland or Seattle. It's hard anywhere. And its harder now when you have to draft 18 year olds instead of 22 year olds

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about how salary caps work.
    You can, but it only lasts for a year and those guys were drafted within 3 years of each other. So despite GS, it’s hard to juggle those balls for more than 2 or 3 years before having to have an absolute fire sale. Durant took the ring chaser discount with GS. However, neither Westbrook nor Harden would dream of such a thing. Nor would Durant in Seattle, snicker, I mean OKC when He was there.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

You can, but it only lasts for a year and those guys were drafted within 3 years of each other. So despite GS, it’s hard to juggle those balls for more than 2 or 3 years before having to have an absolute fire sale. Durant took the ring chaser discount with GS. However, neither Westbrook nor Harden would dream of such a thing. Nor would Durant in Seattle, snicker, I mean OKC when He was there.
    You can go over the cap as much as you want for as long as you want as long as you’re signing guys you have Bird rights on. There’s no one year rule.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

haie said:
    Did we win???
    Your eyes are as good as mine

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not that Bagley has been bad, but if my Kings selected Doncic they would make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At the Clips tonight. First of 4 games in a week even though the next 3 after this are in the 🌹.

Everyone's all optimistic about the bench now. Feels like an L where the wefs scwew us tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Doogles said:

There was a large contingent that felt Durant was far better than Oden based on early hoops analytics.

I was all in on Durant, as a Sonics fan i was thrilled when Portland took Oden.

And Oden didn't have Embiid's shooting or passing ability. He was a massive force in the middle but much more of an old school center than a new school guy like Embiid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

There was a large contingent that felt Durant was far better than Oden based on early hoops analytics.

And Oden didn't have Embiid's shooting or passing ability. He was a massive force in the middle but much more of an old school center than a new school guy like Embiid.
    What's lost here is that the blazers have had their souls crushed by Shaq so many times they will never pass on a gargantuan center.
  • Options
    haie said:

Doogles said:

What's lost here is that the blazers have had their souls crushed by Shaq so many times they will never pass on a gargantuan center.
    Those who ignore the Sam Bowie pick are destined to repeat it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Doogles said:

Jerome Kersey, Duckworth, Sheed.

Blazer fans have always wanted a team that will fuck you up while winning it all.

Durant looked like he would get broken in half by the all star break.
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

Doogles said:

Jerome Kersey, Duckworth, Sheed.

Blazer fans have always wanted a team that will fuck you up while winning it all.

Durant looked like he would get broken in half by the all star break.
    How's that worked out for them?