Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official Blazers REVENGE season thread

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That’s giving the Mariners way too much credit. The Blazers have done a great job of building teams close to the highest level multiple times. You had the Drexler era make a Finals, the Rasheed Wallace era choked away a sure championship in a game 7 vs Kobe and Shaq and then the recent era which if they had gotten a little lucky would have been Roy and Oden. This current era Dame just isn’t quite good enough.

Portland is a respectable franchise that just hasn’t gotten lucky enough to get a top 20 all time player, which you need to win a title in the NBA 99% of the time. The Mariners are an abomination and should be contracted.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That’s giving the Mariners way too much credit. The Blazers have done a great job of building teams close to the highest level multiple times. You had the Drexler era make a Finals, the Rasheed Wallace era choked away a sure championship in a game 7 vs Kobe and Shaq and then the recent era which if they had gotten a little lucky would have been Roy and Oden. This current era Dame just isn’t quite good enough.

Portland is a respectable franchise that just hasn’t gotten lucky enough to get a top 20 all time player, which you need to win a title in the NBA 99% of the time. The Mariners are an abomination and should be contracted.

Fucking this.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,383
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You mean except for that time when they drafted Oden over Durant, right? And that other time when they drafted Bowie over Jordan? Those times?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In today’s NBA, you need at least 3 All Stars and a bench that goes at least 3 deep with quality to win a title. Given this, Portland will never see a Conference Final,
    Let alone NBA Final. No Quality Free Agents want to come to Portland. It would be the exact same thing in Seattle. The weather and culture suck and it’s too white.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The Mariners have the Griffey years and 116. Those two franchises are closer than you want to admit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What we don't know is what if Durant and Westbrook and Harden had played in Seattle with a non retarded GM who kept them together

You can win titles in Portland or Seattle. It's hard anywhere. And its harder now when you have to draft 18 year olds instead of 22 year olds
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

You mean except for that time when they drafted Oden over Durant, right? And that other time when they drafted Bowie over Jordan? Those times?
    Drafting is mostly luck in all sports. This falls under the “hasn’t gotten lucky” part of my post.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beating the rockets ATM.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

In today’s NBA, you need at least 3 All Stars and a bench that goes at least 3 deep with quality to win a title. Given this, Portland will never see a Conference Final,
    Let alone NBA Final. No Quality Free Agents want to come to Portland. It would be the exact same thing in Seattle. The weather and culture suck and it’s too white.

Big belly laughs by me and Paul Allen's corpse over these shit takes
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,383
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Drafting is mostly luck in all sports. This falls under the “hasn’t gotten lucky” part of my post.
    They picked two injury prone centers over locks. BlazersFS did not need luck. They let two of the top players in history slip right through their fingers.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Portland had Drexler when they went big at a time when you needed a big, to compliment him. 8 years later Jordan won his first title

Durant was 135 pounds with one year of college. Oden, King of the Vikings, was the next big thing
    edited December 2018

What we don't know is what if Durant and Westbrook and Harden had played in Seattle with a non retarded GM who kept them together

You can win titles in Portland or Seattle. It's hard anywhere. And its harder now when you have to draft 18 year olds instead of 22 year olds

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about how salary caps work.
    haie said:

salemcoog said:

Big belly laughs by me and Paul Allen's corpse over these shit takes
    Im gonna reserve my belly laugh for your suicide watch when Dame demands a trade in 2020.
    haie said:

Beating the rockets ATM.

Did we win?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about salary caps work.
    His body of work shows him to be retarded.

Losers like losers so I understand your infatuation
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Portland had Drexler when they went big at a time when you needed a big, to compliment him. 8 years later Jordan won his first title

Durant was 135 pounds with one year of college. Oden, King of the Vikings, was the next big thing

Jordan I can understand, but damn... imagine them two on the floor together.

Oden is a bullshit excuse. A lot of people in upper management knew about Oden's foot problems. There were people in the organization that told Prichard that Oden was damaged goods, and he picked him anyways.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't really pay any attention to the Blazer management's stuff.gif
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

I like to call a GM who drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden retarded because He couldn’t keep them together. It’s how I show that I don’t know Shit about salary caps work.
    His body of work shows him to be retarded.

Losers like losers so I understand your infatuation
    Presti is one of the best GM’s in the NBA.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone says so
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just lost to Grindhouse Grizzz'. :'(