Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lakers 0-3

13»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I feel like you have forgotten exactly how Golden State looked vs Houston. Toronto and Boston can both switch defensively just like Houston did. The only consistent quality shot GS was able to get vs that defense was Kevin Durant contested mid rangers. GS popping off in the regular season vs garbage teams is meaningless.

Draymond and Igoudala aren’t the same guys. The lineup of death isn’t that scary because those two haven’t made a 3 in two years. Draymond isn’t the overwhelming force on defense he once was. Igoudala is going to be 35 when the playoffs start, it’s unlikely he can still hang with top end perimeter players.

They’re the favorites, no doubt. They have two of the top 5 players (Steph and Klay). But I’m not buying unbeatable.

Chinned for this

Its why Durant is coming to my Lakers. Lebron is now an elder statesman and a leader on and off the field. He has a voice in LA that extends far beyond the court. I don't agree with everything he says but I like that he has a platform to say it. I can see other players coming to LA to be a part of it on and off the court.

The entire sports news cycle the other day wasn't on the Dodgers melt down - it was decoding Lebron saying - you'll know when I run out of patience - after less than 10 games

He's in it to win. And what used to be a knock on him - he's not a leader - is no longer the case

He doesn't need a lot of help and he actually beat the greatest team ever already. He won't need a lot more help to get it done
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I feel like you have forgotten exactly how Golden State looked vs Houston. Toronto and Boston can both switch defensively just like Houston did. The only consistent quality shot GS was able to get vs that defense was Kevin Durant contested mid rangers. GS popping off in the regular season vs garbage teams is meaningless.

Draymond and Igoudala aren’t the same guys. The lineup of death isn’t that scary because those two haven’t made a 3 in two years. Draymond isn’t the overwhelming force on defense he once was. Igoudala is going to be 35 when the playoffs start, it’s unlikely he can still hang with top end perimeter players.

They’re the favorites, no doubt. They have two of the top 5 players (Steph and Klay). But I’m not buying unbeatable.

Chinned for this

Its why Durant is coming to my Lakers. Lebron is now an elder statesman and a leader on and off the field. He has a voice in LA that extends far beyond the court. I don't agree with everything he says but I like that he has a platform to say it. I can see other players coming to LA to be a part of it on and off the court.

The entire sports news cycle the other day wasn't on the Dodgers melt down - it was decoding Lebron saying - you'll know when I run out of patience - after less than 10 games

He's in it to win. And what used to be a knock on him - he's not a leader - is no longer the case

He doesn't need a lot of help and he actually beat the greatest team ever already. He won't need a lot more help to get it done
    I’m a believe LeBron is the best player of all time, but at this point in his career he needs a lot of help.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2018

I can’t believe Houston thought adding Carmelo would make them better. Dude is a cancer and still thinks he’s an All Star.

Houston missed their opportunity last year.

We all know TSIO.

You don’t think Toronto or Boston has a chance vs GS? I think both could be better than Houston was last season. I’m also not a believer in Boogie helping GS.
    GS doesn’t need Boogie. Houston was a great team last year that would have sailed through to the Finals if they were in the East. There’s no team in the East this year that can make GS sweat.

None in the West either since Houston lost their mind and got rid of Ariza and Gordon and added Carmelonoma.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Boston or Toronto would put a really compelling series together with a lot of entertainment

I suspect that Boston will end up being the biggest threat to the Warriors and breaking their run ... but the Warriors have some more run in them

Agree that Boston will be the next champion.

It won't be this year though.
    We’ll see. I don’t like Boston as much as the common fan. Irving is always hurt. They kind of have a “too many chefs in the kitchen” issue.

I really like Tatum. The rest of them are good, but not great.
    Who you think has next then?
    My Kings starting off Scrappy. Fox is taking the next step you'd like to see from a potential franchise PG in year two and Willy Caulie Stien is finally rebounding.

Also Buddy Hield looks like he won't wash out like Jimmer and is actually a productive 3 machine.

Wish we picked Doncic, but Bagley has been good around the rim so far.
    I would have picked Doncic, but Bagley is gonna be good.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Big news today is that Magic called Walton on the carpet and said win now and wasn't nice about it. Patience is officially over.

Colin's news girl says Magic is unfair and they don't need to win now

Things losers say. Magic and Lebron are not losers
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Big news today is that Magic called Walton on the carpet and said win now and wasn't nice about it. Patience is officially over.

LeBron loses.

A lot.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Boston or Toronto would put a really compelling series together with a lot of entertainment

I suspect that Boston will end up being the biggest threat to the Warriors and breaking their run ... but the Warriors have some more run in them

Agree that Boston will be the next champion.

It won't be this year though.
    We’ll see. I don’t like Boston as much as the common fan. Irving is always hurt. They kind of have a “too many chefs in the kitchen” issue.

I really like Tatum. The rest of them are good, but not great.
    Who you think has next then?
    Philly or somebody not even on the radar right now. Wait until Anthony Davis leaves New Orleans and get back to me.

Put it this way, Boston is more likely to not win a title than win one the next five years.
    So you mean Boston after Davis goes there

Steph was working his way back from injury and Iggy was hurt ... sort of decent sized omissions from your take

So LBJ cares about the regular season this year?

Wake me up also when he plays some defense ...

Way too early to be calling out Luke
    I’d be SHOCKED if KD left the Warriors to go to play with LBJ ... makes little sense

If he leaves it is to head his own team/organization
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Steph was working his way back from injury and Iggy was hurt ... sort of decent sized omissions from your take
    APAG pretends he believes KD is the fourth best player on the Warriors.

You just have to take his GS posts as pure trolling and move on.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I haven't read down to page 3 yet, but two of the top 5 players and you included Klay over KD? GTFO.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tyronn Lue to LA. Cook it!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

LeBron loses.

A lot.
    You know how many Finals Magic lost? Doesn't make either one a loser. Saying they don't need to win is what losers say. HTH
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Lakers currently down 30 to Toronto. Yikers.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Winning record up to 8th place its all coming together
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lakers one half game behind the Warriors and tied in the loss column