Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lakers 0-3

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You can't get away without playing D in the West ...

Just ask Houston that doubled down on the philosophy with Carmelo joining forces with Harden ... at least the Lakers kinda try ... Houston's at a completely different level of defensive apathy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can’t believe Houston thought adding Carmelo would make them better. Dude is a cancer and still thinks he’s an All Star.

Houston missed their opportunity last year.

We all know TSIO.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I can’t believe Houston thought adding Carmelo would make them better. Dude is a cancer and still thinks he’s an All Star.

We all know TSIO.

You don’t think Toronto or Boston has a chance vs GS? I think both could be better than Houston was last season. I’m also not a believer in Boogie helping GS.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We all know TSIO.

You don’t think Toronto or Boston has a chance vs GS? I think both could be better than Houston was last season. I’m also not a believer in Boogie helping GS.
    Don't forget the Bucks who beat the Raptors without Giannis.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

We all know TSIO.

A very small chance. Maybe a 10% chance. GS doesn’t even need Boogie.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

We all know TSIO.

Don't forget the Bucks who beat the Raptors without Giannis.
    Raptors rested Kawhi so it was kind of a wash
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was watching the Warriors Friday evening at the Knicks. Game was close and the Knicks even took a lead in the 4th quarter. Warriors closed with a 29-6 run

Nobody is beating them
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We all know TSIO.

Baring significant injury, no and probably not even then.

GS is an absolute juggernaut at this point.

TSIO.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Boston or Toronto would put a really compelling series together with a lot of entertainment

I suspect that Boston will end up being the biggest threat to the Warriors and breaking their run ... but the Warriors have some more run in them
    Tequilla said:

Boston or Toronto would put a really compelling series together with a lot of entertainment

I suspect that Boston will end up being the biggest threat to the Warriors and breaking their run ... but the Warriors have some more run in them

Agree that Boston will be the next champion.

It won't be this year though.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Tequilla said:

We’ll see. I don’t like Boston as much as the common fan. Irving is always hurt. They kind of have a “too many chefs in the kitchen” issue.

I really like Tatum. The rest of them are good, but not great.

I like Boston better than Philly today. With a new coach and some tweaks to the roster, I would go with Philly. Embiid and Simmons are the best young core in the league.

Tequilla said:

We’ll see. I don’t like Boston as much as the common fan. Irving is always hurt. They kind of have a “too many chefs in the kitchen” issue.

Who you think has next then?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Lakers

Tequilla said:

Lakers

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657

We all know TSIO.

GS doesn't need any help this season. Boogie is there to rehab his image and cash out. Worst case, Durant leaves

We all know TSIO.

A very small chance. Maybe a 10% chance. GS doesn’t even need Boogie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i2EGvvreqk
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Tequilla said:

Philly or somebody not even on the radar right now. Wait until Anthony Davis leaves New Orleans and get back to me.

Put it this way, Boston is more likely to not win a title than win one the next five years.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

blazers
    I feel like you have forgotten exactly how Golden State looked vs Houston. Toronto and Boston can both switch defensively just like Houston did. The only consistent quality shot GS was able to get vs that defense was Kevin Durant contested mid rangers. GS popping off in the regular season vs garbage teams is meaningless.

Draymond and Igoudala aren’t the same guys. The lineup of death isn’t that scary because those two haven’t made a 3 in two years. Draymond isn’t the overwhelming force on defense he once was. Igoudala is going to be 35 when the playoffs start, it’s unlikely he can still hang with top end perimeter players.

They’re the favorites, no doubt. They have two of the top 5 players (Steph and Klay). But I’m not buying unbeatable.

Tequilla said:

I like Boston better than Philly today. With a new coach and some tweaks to the roster, I would go with Philly. Embiid and Simmons are the best young core in the league.
    I think because Kyrie is the only one that’s won anything they can get everyone to buy in on sacrificing to win. You could certainly be right but I think that’s more likely to be a problem if they win one or a couple years go by without winning one.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018

Tequilla said:

My Kings starting off Scrappy. Fox is taking the next step you'd like to see from a potential franchise PG in year two and Willy Caulie Stien is finally rebounding.

Also Buddy Hield looks like he won't wash out like Jimmer and is actually a productive 3 machine.

Wish we picked Doncic, but Bagley has been good around the rim so far.