Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ayden Hector, 2020 4* CB, Sammamish (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My biggest fear this year is Jimmy Lakes situation screwing up recruiting whether it be obvious like kids decommitting after he announces he’s leaving, or he’s just not as electric as a recruiter subconsciously and sees a slide in production similar to lubick in his last years here and at Oregon. Not saying that’s gomna happen or that Jimmy is damaged goods. What I am saying is there is a giant drop off after Phillips, Ransom, Hector and Jimmy can’t afford to lose one of them AND add 1-2 more whether that’s the 0.000001% chance we get kelee or finding a high ceiling guy in Cali, this can’t be a year where we go down the list of offers. What scares me is this year trend and whether that carries over to a year where rumors about him leaving will be at an all time high after Pete and his agent have been fighting for the past couple weeks.

You mean like the last two years where he signed Julius Irvin, Kyler Gordon, Dom Hampton, Trent McDuffie, Kam Fab, and Cam Williams with those same rumors swirling around?

First, know that I love you and your assessments on players and the way you break down tape and generally your passion.

But honestly what the fuck are you talking about? I know you're big into the whole OH MY GOD NO ONE GOOD WILL EVER COME HERE IT'S ALL GOING TO HELL type of thing. But now you're spreading it into OH MY GOD NO ONE WILL COME HERE BECAUSE JIMMY LAKE IS DEFINITELY LEAVING OH MY GOD IT'S ALL GOING TO HELL when Lake has not left despite rumors for 2 straight years and continues to land studs.

If Asa Turner commits to ND it does not mean the DB class is a cluster fuck. If Asa Turner commits to ND it has nothing to do with Jimmy Lake and the chances he is leaving or no longer recruiting hard. It's two teams looking at him at two different positions and the only fucking reason he's even considering UW is because he believes in what Lake could do with him at DB when the rest of the country sees him as a LB.

Get it together dude.
    Woah now let’s slow down for a second. My point is more about the talent pool being very small next year at the top next year that if you miss one of those guys it can fall apart quickly. There’s a line that says “I’m not saying any of this will happen or that he’s damaged goods” I’m simply just saying what I worry about when I look at this class. This year was a much deeper year at outside corner and the biggest issue at DB recruiting has been the lack of depth despite playing more DBs in base then any other team in the country, more dime than any other team in the country, and sending more DBs to the league faster and faster. So you can say names like Kamfab and that’s not really the point. The point is about depth. When you miss your top two guys every year, now that fringe 4 star who would’ve been the third guy is now THE guy and the guy you take for depth gets even worse. So if you miss kelee and Elias, you can not afford to miss the next 3.
    See that’s the kind assessment that I enjoy and can get behind. All of that was super accurate and well thought out.

My issue was with the comments about Jimmy Lake screwing up recruiting with kids decommitting because Lake is out the door or that he’s not recruiting hard enough.

I saw you said that you’re not saying it’ll happen, but you immediately followed it up with saying this year’s trend continues.

And the only trend I could think of was possibly losing Asa, because the rest of the class he crushed.

Like I said, I love you and I love your assessments. I just didn’t know where the insinuation was coming from that Lake has a foot out the door and that it messed with recruiting this year and will only continue and get worse.

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533

Can’t afford to lose this kid especially if Jimmy Lake’s future is in limbo during Ayden’s commitment process. By already losing out on Elias Ricks and with things not looking good with Kelee, Hector and Clark Phillips become that much more important. Clark would be taken at the nickel spot regardless but you still can’t lose the top 3 on the west coast at any position.

Why do you keep saying this?

I’m not saying he’s not coming here (he’s never fucking come here dood don’t do this to yourself) I’m just saying that what the vibe has been in the coaches office & what the vibe has been around him at FSP. This is honestly good because it should show them they have to build as good of a class as possible without him but also how much ground we still have to make up to be the clear cut favorite top dawg for him or any other 5 star recruits.

Again I hope he comes here, I’ll pray & TBS every night until he signs. But I know for a fact that the coaches feel a little behind and UDUB hasn’t been the vibe with him while he’s been working with FSP. We all know that can change every single day so it’s honestly not that important. What’s important is that we get everyone else on our list without having to go down the list of offers and that we try to outwork every team for Kelee.
    Interesting that you know the coaches feel behind with Ringo. Didn't he visit them the week after the Apple Cup when Lake and co. had all that DB swag after shutting down Mustachio and Banana Leach? Seemed from the Twitter tea leaves that he was feeling UDub and Lake. What am I missing?

And with all this anxiety over the 2020-21 classes and somehow not being favored to land the local studs (Smalls, Hector, Adams, Hatchett, JT, Emeka, etc.), I wonder when UDub will actually be favored or thought of in the same light as those historic Reggie Bush 'SC teams. Yes, I'm writing that while knowing we aren't anywhere close to that 'SC dynasty, but still. We're trending up the last four years. We have the best defense (scoring and total) the last four years. A Coach Pete RB just broke all UW rushing records and climbed Pac-12 and NCAA rushing record books. Players are being drafted. I'm also saying this knowing that we don't recruit with the hype of Hop, but we sell in a different manner (BFL) so as to distinguish. Then again, kids love the hype, a la Whoregon. But really, when are these dudes gonna just come and out say, "UW is my dream school"? Or am I just being too fucking myopic?

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

My biggest fear this year is Jimmy Lakes situation screwing up recruiting whether it be obvious like kids decommitting after he announces he’s leaving, or he’s just not as electric as a recruiter subconsciously and sees a slide in production similar to lubick in his last years here and at Oregon. Not saying that’s gomna happen or that Jimmy is damaged goods. What I am saying is there is a giant drop off after Phillips, Ransom, Hector and Jimmy can’t afford to lose one of them AND add 1-2 more whether that’s the 0.000001% chance we get kelee or finding a high ceiling guy in Cali, this can’t be a year where we go down the list of offers. What scares me is this year trend and whether that carries over to a year where rumors about him leaving will be at an all time high after Pete and his agent have been fighting for the past couple weeks.

You mean like the last two years where he signed Julius Irvin, Kyler Gordon, Dom Hampton, Trent McDuffie, Kam Fab, and Cam Williams with those same rumors swirling around?

First, know that I love you and your assessments on players and the way you break down tape and generally your passion.

But honestly what the fuck are you talking about? I know you're big into the whole OH MY GOD NO ONE GOOD WILL EVER COME HERE IT'S ALL GOING TO HELL type of thing. But now you're spreading it into OH MY GOD NO ONE WILL COME HERE BECAUSE JIMMY LAKE IS DEFINITELY LEAVING OH MY GOD IT'S ALL GOING TO HELL when Lake has not left despite rumors for 2 straight years and continues to land studs.

If Asa Turner commits to ND it does not mean the DB class is a cluster fuck. If Asa Turner commits to ND it has nothing to do with Jimmy Lake and the chances he is leaving or no longer recruiting hard. It's two teams looking at him at two different positions and the only fucking reason he's even considering UW is because he believes in what Lake could do with him at DB when the rest of the country sees him as a LB.

Get it together dude.
    Woah now let’s slow down for a second. My point is more about the talent pool being very small next year at the top next year that if you miss one of those guys it can fall apart quickly. There’s a line that says “I’m not saying any of this will happen or that he’s damaged goods” I’m simply just saying what I worry about when I look at this class. This year was a much deeper year at outside corner and the biggest issue at DB recruiting has been the lack of depth despite playing more DBs in base then any other team in the country, more dime than any other team in the country, and sending more DBs to the league faster and faster. So you can say names like Kamfab and that’s not really the point. The point is about depth. When you miss your top two guys every year, now that fringe 4 star who would’ve been the third guy is now THE guy and the guy you take for depth gets even worse. So if you miss kelee and Elias, you can not afford to miss the next 3.
    See that’s the kind assessment that I enjoy and can get behind. All of that was super accurate and well thought out.

My issue was with the comments about Jimmy Lake screwing up recruiting with kids decommitting because Lake is out the door or that he’s not recruiting hard enough.

I saw you said that you’re not saying it’ll happen, but you immediately followed it up with saying this year’s trend continues.

And the only trend I could think of was possibly losing Asa, because the rest of the class he crushed.

Like I said, I love you and I love your assessments. I just didn’t know where the insinuation was coming from that Lake has a foot out the door and that it messed with recruiting this year and will only continue and get worse.

The jimmy stuff is me being honest with myself instead of pretending like his decision to move on whenever he makes that decision will effect recruiting. You’re not doing that and I’m not saying he’s gone or any of that. But I’m someone has to evaluate the worst case scenario so I’m never blindsided by anything. When I said decommittment I didn’t mean like oh I see someone doing that, I meant to show it as the full spectrum of Jimmys future effecting it. Whether that be as severe as someone decommitting all the way down to maybe it was dead even for a recruit and the .000001% that made him choose the other school was the uncertainty surrounding Jimmys future. I don’t mean it as I see that happening, just looking at all the possibilities.

The trend i was talking about is the lack of depth & ceiling. Jimmy and Pete are so fucking good that Jayden Williams is going to be good. Lets do some hypotheticals even though I know they’re dumb. Lets say this year we get Mykael Wright AND Trent McDuffie, now when you’re looking to close things up on the back end like we are now with these weird Texas offers, Kamfab all of the sudden is that 3rd guy for depth and now your team just got so much better with the whole weakest link theory. Kamfab should be our “worst” corner if we wanna become Clemson not some kid who had no offers before us.

Why I say trend is the year before you add Isaac Taylor Stuart and Dom Hampton now can absolutely still be a star but if ITS gets hurt now Dom comes in and it’s like there is no drop off. Just like when Clemson lost Dexter Lawrence for the playoff vs the huge drop off when Rapp is hurt and Mckinney jumps in when really Mckinney should be the Isaiah Gilchrist and a higher ceiling guy like Isaiah Pola-Mao is stepping in instead. What I see as a trend is that we aren’t going to get the top 2 corners on the west coast so the pressure increases to kill to clean up that second tier to the point where if you just miss one of those guys, now you’re dumpster diving in Texas instead of adding just one more of those tier 1 guys and now a tier 2 becomes the bottom of the class. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Can’t afford to lose this kid especially if Jimmy Lake’s future is in limbo during Ayden’s commitment process. By already losing out on Elias Ricks and with things not looking good with Kelee, Hector and Clark Phillips become that much more important. Clark would be taken at the nickel spot regardless but you still can’t lose the top 3 on the west coast at any position.

Why do you keep saying this?

I’m not saying he’s not coming here (he’s never fucking come here dood don’t do this to yourself) I’m just saying that what the vibe has been in the coaches office & what the vibe has been around him at FSP. This is honestly good because it should show them they have to build as good of a class as possible without him but also how much ground we still have to make up to be the clear cut favorite top dawg for him or any other 5 star recruits.

Again I hope he comes here, I’ll pray & TBS every night until he signs. But I know for a fact that the coaches feel a little behind and UDUB hasn’t been the vibe with him while he’s been working with FSP. We all know that can change every single day so it’s honestly not that important. What’s important is that we get everyone else on our list without having to go down the list of offers and that we try to outwork every team for Kelee.
    Interesting that you know the coaches feel behind with Ringo. Didn't he visit them the week after the Apple Cup when Lake and co. had all that DB swag after shutting down Mustachio and Banana Leach? Seemed from the Twitter tea leaves that he was feeling UDub and Lake. What am I missing?

And with all this anxiety over the 2020-21 classes and somehow not being favored to land the local studs (Smalls, Hector, Adams, Hatchett, JT, Emeka, etc.), I wonder when UDub will actually be favored or thought of in the same light as those historic Reggie Bush 'SC teams. Yes, I'm writing that while knowing we aren't anywhere close to that 'SC dynasty, but still. We're trending up the last four years. We have the best defense (scoring and total) the last four years. A Coach Pete RB just broke all UW rushing records and climbed Pac-12 and NCAA rushing record books. Players are being drafted. I'm also saying this knowing that we don't recruit with the hype of Hop, but we sell in a different manner (BFL) so as to distinguish. Then again, kids love the hype, a la Whoregon. But really, when are these dudes gonna just come and out say, "UW is my dream school"? Or am I just being too fucking myopic?

Whenever I say I know for a fact it means it’s coming from a source close to the staff. It’s not that he doesn’t like us or what not, its what @FKA_Mousecop alluded to when saying UDUB against the field. Also this is just at the moment, things can change day to day and things have changed since his last time up here. It’s not that the coaches think he’s gone, they just know they can’t depend on him like say Tuitele after his visit.

To youre second point which was great btw, I think you’re starting to see that with Will Latu’s UDUB blanket video and Egbuka congratulating every kid that gets a UDUB offer. The question becomes is UDUB messaging it properly because here we are in 2019 and kids who were only 5-6 when Reggie bush played are still talking about him. Hopefully MMFG’s love from the fans as a hometown kid is starting to connect the dots to guys like Sam Adams who, while his dad played at TAMU and he’s had offers from all over, he was still born and raised in Seattle. Messaging, messaging, messaging.
    Borderline Ektard. Then again, a lot of twisting going on out here.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited January 2019
    "I'd say my top offers right now are from Washington, USC, Oregon, Wisconsin, Florida and Cal," said Hector.
    Hector has family ties to two of those schools- his father, Zuri, played safety at USC and his uncle played at Cal.

Washington offered the local prospect during the season and that offered was a big one for Hector.

Hector took in the Huskies' game against Colorado on Montlake in late October and he landed the much anticipated offer from the Huskies.

"Coach Jimmy Lake was who offered me and I love Coach Lake, he's a great coach," said Hector. "It's DB U over there, and Washington is a great option. I know I'd be in good hands if I played there, especially as a DB. I've been over to Washington several times and talked with Coach Lake and Coach Pete (Chris Petersen) and it is a great school and close to home."

Edit: There was so much bitch slapping back and forth I missed that this had already been posted by @Neighbor2972 on page one of the thread. Thanks a lot @LaMichael_Corleone !!!!

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Roofs report cliff notes?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Why is he CB’d to usc?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

Why is he CB’d to usc?

Who and when? Probably an old one...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Passion said:

Why is he CB’d to usc?

One final tangent:

We may all laugh at Helton because he's a shitty coach and for all we know shit will fall apart without Darnold. But can we at least agree that he is seeing what is happening up north, saw that UW flipped Tuli and got Kaho and got Irvin, and is saying "Fuck that shit".

USC is coming for our lunch and here is the proof:

Per Huffman, "USC QB coach Bryan Ellis was by Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic to watch a number of players they've offered including 2020 WR Gee Scott, 2020 DB Ayden Hector, 2020 TE D.J. Rogers and 2021 DE J.T. Tuimoloau, plus they watched 2020 RB Sam Adams."

2021 Class

- JT Tuimoloau - USC Offer, UW Offer (Hey we did this one right and were the first!)

- Julien "I'm 28" Simon - USC Offer, No UW Offer

- Will Latu - USC Offer, No UW Offer

- Sam Huard - No USC Offer (but they're already on him per Huffman), No UW Offer

- Emeka Egbuka - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, but FSU and both Oregon schools have so USC will before UW

2020 Class

- Gee Scott Jr - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Half the Pac-12 has offered, ND Offer

- DJ "I'm 35" Rogers - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Nebraska + Utah + ASU + LSU + Arkansas have all offered

- Ayden Hector - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona + Oregon have all offered

- Sam Adams - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona have offered and USC was talking to him because he's a part of a core 4 at EC

- Geirean Hatchett - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a second one right!), Half the Pac-12 has offered, Half the Big-12 has offered, etc., he's really good

- Sav'ell Smalls - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a third one right!), Everyone including your mom has offered

So of the 11 elite kids sitting in our? backyard, we? have offered just 3 of the kids, and that's only because they are the no brainer 5* kids that you have no choice but to offer.

Meanwhile USC has only NOT offered 3 of the kids. And those 3 USC are all evaluating now and will be offering soon.

Recap:

2020 and 2021 Elite prospects in Washington State

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Coach Pete may run circles around Clay as a coach, but Clay is opening our fridge and plans on eating what he wants while Pete just looks at him and is nervous to tell him he can't do that.

If you can't see that, then I can't fucking help you with that either.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Passion said:

Why is he CB’d to usc?

One final tangent:

We may all laugh at Helton because he's a shitty coach and for all we know shit will fall apart without Darnold. But can we at least agree that he is seeing what is happening up north, saw that UW flipped Tuli and got Kaho and got Irvin, and is saying "Fuck that shit".

USC is coming for our lunch and here is the proof:

Per Huffman, "USC QB coach Bryan Ellis was by Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic to watch a number of players they've offered including 2020 WR Gee Scott, 2020 DB Ayden Hector, 2020 TE D.J. Rogers and 2021 DE J.T. Tuimoloau, plus they watched 2020 RB Sam Adams."

2021 Class

- JT Tuimoloau - USC Offer, UW Offer (Hey we did this one right and were the first!)

- Julien "I'm 28" Simon - USC Offer, No UW Offer

- Will Latu - USC Offer, No UW Offer

- Sam Huard - No USC Offer (but they're already on him per Huffman), No UW Offer

This as far as I got. Leave this shit on Dawgman.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/41660/sam-huard-5-2021-qb-burien-kennedy-wa-committed/p1