Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ayden Hector, 2020 4* CB, Sammamish (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW branding is bad they used the wrong color purple!!!!!!!!!!
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited January 2019

Can’t afford to lose this kid especially if Jimmy Lake’s future is in limbo during Ayden’s commitment process. By already losing out on Elias Ricks and with things not looking good with Kelee, Hector and Clark Phillips become that much more important. Clark would be taken at the nickel spot regardless but you still can’t lose the top 3 on the west coast at any position.

Ricks was never, ever coming here to begin with. That's a USC loss. Not a UW loss.

Where are you getting information from that says "things aren't looking good with Kelee"?
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UW might not be a favorite vs the field for Ringo, but individually I think we have the greatest shot.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Can’t afford to lose this kid especially if Jimmy Lake’s future is in limbo during Ayden’s commitment process. By already losing out on Elias Ricks and with things not looking good with Kelee, Hector and Clark Phillips become that much more important. Clark would be taken at the nickel spot regardless but you still can’t lose the top 3 on the west coast at any position.

Ricks was never, ever coming here to begin with. That's a USC loss. Not a UW loss.

Where are you getting information from that says "things aren't looking good with Kelee"?

I’m not saying Ricks was coming here. I’m saying the best corner in the country who’s the most perfect fit out of any high school kid to come out in the past ten years to play outside corner at UDUB and he doesn’t live in Florida, or Texas, or Pennsylvania, he lives in LA. He’s not coming here.

Then next on the list is Kelee Ringo who could come to UDUB but with the coaches know and how they feel right now, they know they need to build an entire class and see Kelee as a bonus. Of course you don’t recruit him like “if he comes he comes” and the coaches are gonna recruit their ass off to get him. I’m saying you better make sure you get Clark Phillips and Ayden Hector or else you just lost the top 4 corners on the west coast so even if you do get, you don’t have the depth to solidify the entire position with how many DB’s we like to play in multiple packages.

Why would I ever tell you of all people any of my sources lol?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    http://youtu.be/Qh5q3n0sStE

Plz watch this and tell me he is still good!

He can’t fucking move.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

He can’t fucking move.

It's been mentioned by the TSIO crew in the past, but he plays in a run heavy offense in high school that mostly uses Wing T. The Opening is pretty much only pass blocking with no pads.

Technique and footwork will come over time. He has all the athletic potential in the world and is an insane run blocker already, hence his massive offer list.

He can’t fucking move.

BTP, Hatchett has his own thread. Put down the cheap ass Burnett’s and get your kid right enough to post in the right thread.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Since he's been mentioned already.... He looks athletic and stays on his feet. He's a little stiff at times and he gets blown up in some reps but the base is there and technique will come.

If you coach him properly.
    I am a fucking huge fan of Ayden Hector btw. The picture with Kelee made me really happy because Kelee is every bit of 6’2.75. Ayden’s film doesn’t do him justice on how long he really is. His instincts when receivers are making or have already made their breaks is impressive and makes up for feet that aren’t quite quick enough, but that play against Oaks Christian in the front corner of the end zone to turn his head, not PI, find the ball and fight it not to the hands, but through the hands is as perfect as it gets.

He’s not a burner but with big corners coming in and being 6’1 and above, he’s plenty fast enough. I don’t care about speed as long as he can run with guys in post, go, out & up which he can. Just gotta see his short range quickness and small steps get a lot more active to help him drive quicker on everything.

His Dad & Grandpa have raised him heavy USC with connections there but I’ve heard his Dad hates Clay Helton and hasn’t really had any alumni pride about the place even with some Sam Darnold success. He was our first 2020 EC offer, preceding Sam’s by a couple months. Both are so insanely valuable just because RB/6’2ish Corner are scarce in this class so we can’t lose two out of our own backyard just because we didn’t offer their friends. Hector is pretty quiet on his recruitment and wants to take it slow but he doesn’t have the big timers coming after him to really need to go until February without signing. He’s not 6’3.5 or low 4.4 and as awesome as his film was, it’s not going to garner him as much love as even say a Trent McDuffie caliber corner.

My biggest fear this year is Jimmy Lakes situation screwing up recruiting whether it be obvious like kids decommitting after he announces he’s leaving, or he’s just not as electric as a recruiter subconsciously and sees a slide in production similar to lubick in his last years here and at Oregon. Not saying that’s gomna happen or that Jimmy is damaged goods. What I am saying is there is a giant drop off after Phillips, Ransom, Hector and Jimmy can’t afford to lose one of them AND add 1-2 more whether that’s the 0.000001% chance we get kelee or finding a high ceiling guy in Cali, this can’t be a year where we go down the list of offers. What scares me is this year trend and whether that carries over to a year where rumors about him leaving will be at an all time high after Pete and his agent have been fighting for the past couple weeks.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am a fucking huge fan of Ayden Hector btw. The picture with Kelee made me really happy because Kelee is every bit of 6’2.75. Ayden’s film doesn’t do him justice on how long he really is. His instincts when receivers are making or have already made their breaks is impressive and makes up for feet that aren’t quite quick enough, but that play against Oaks Christian in the front corner of the end zone to turn his head, not PI, find the ball and fight it not to the hands, but through the hands is as perfect as it gets.

He’s not a burner but with big corners coming in and being 6’1 and above, he’s plenty fast enough. I don’t care about speed as long as he can run with guys in post, go, out & up which he can. Just gotta see his short range quickness and small steps get a lot more active to help him drive quicker on everything.

His Dad & Grandpa have raised him heavy USC with connections there but I’ve heard his Dad hates Clay Helton and hasn’t really had any alumni pride about the place even with some Sam Darnold success. He was our first 2020 EC offer, preceding Sam’s by a couple months. Both are so insanely valuable just because RB/6’2ish Corner are scarce in this class so we can’t lose two out of our own backyard just because we didn’t offer their friends. Hector is pretty quiet on his recruitment and wants to take it slow but he doesn’t have the big timers coming after him to really need to go until February without signing. He’s not 6’3.5 or low 4.4 and as awesome as his film was, it’s not going to garner him as much love as even say a Trent McDuffie caliber corner.

My biggest fear this year is Jimmy Lakes situation screwing up recruiting whether it be obvious like kids decommitting after he announces he’s leaving, or he’s just not as electric as a recruiter subconsciously and sees a slide in production similar to lubick in his last years here and at Oregon. Not saying that’s gomna happen or that Jimmy is damaged goods. What I am saying is there is a giant drop off after Phillips, Ransom, Hector and Jimmy can’t afford to lose one of them AND add 1-2 more whether that’s the 0.000001% chance we get kelee or finding a high ceiling guy in Cali, this can’t be a year where we go down the list of offers. What scares me is this year trend and whether that carries over to a year where rumors about him leaving will be at an all time high after Pete and his agent have been fighting for the past couple weeks.

“Pete and his agent have been fighting for the past couple weeks”

Que?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Light skin U

He’s white as fuck
    Disagree. Dad is my mulatto brother.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

Light skin U

He’s white as fuck
    Disagree. Dad is my mulatto brother.
    His dad is definitely not black though. He’s like white and poly or latino or something.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m on board with him sucking and now am rooting for him to suck after today.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Why do you keep saying this?

I’m not saying he’s not coming here (he’s never fucking come here dood don’t do this to yourself) I’m just saying that what the vibe has been in the coaches office & what the vibe has been around him at FSP. This is honestly good because it should show them they have to build as good of a class as possible without him but also how much ground we still have to make up to be the clear cut favorite top dawg for him or any other 5 star recruits.

Again I hope he comes here, I’ll pray & TBS every night until he signs. But I know for a fact that the coaches feel a little behind and UDUB hasn’t been the vibe with him while he’s been working with FSP. We all know that can change every single day so it’s honestly not that important. What’s important is that we get everyone else on our list without having to go down the list of offers and that we try to outwork every team for Kelee.
    There are ceilings to levels of achievement and the higher you get on the scale the harder it gets to break through

Being at the top level of anything is really really hard ... and it’s important to realize there are often a lot more failures than successes

What’s important is that you keep pushing and get up when you get knocked down vs either not getting up or stubbornly trying the same thing over and over