Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

When is this kid gonna announce for tOSU?

I think Ohio State is behind Oklahoma right now. Right now I would say Oklahoma is the leader with OSU and Washington slightly behind.
    Are we completely out of it for JTT yet?
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

thechatch said:

I think Ohio State is behind Oklahoma right now. Right now I would say Oklahoma is the leader with OSU and Washington slightly behind.
    We are pretty much out of it. Emeka is the only recruit we have a realistic chance that is still left on the board for the 2021 class. Besides him, they basically moved on to the 2022 class.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

thechatch said:

We are pretty much out of it. Emeka is the only recruit we have a realistic chance that is still left on the board for the 2021 class. Besides him, they basically moved on to the 2022 class.
    Does jimmy and staff still believe they did a great job recruiting in 2021?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

You think JTT goes to tOSU or stays home and goes to Oregon?
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

thechatch said:

Uhh do we think everyone is going to get an extra year of eligibility or do we think we are about to be hit with sanctions or are you way fucking off?

thechatch said:

You think JTT goes to tOSU or stays home and goes to Oregon?
    OSU and Alabama right now are the top two. OSU still leads and thinks that's where he lands.

thechatch said:

Uhh do we think everyone is going to get an extra year of eligibility or do we think we are about to be hit with sanctions or are you way fucking off?
    The plan for the 2021 class was to take about 18 recruits but that was counting on normal attrition of players transferring which won't happen because of COVID which is why the number has been reduced to 15 maybe 16 if we get Emeka.

thechatch said:

The plan for the 2021 class was to take about 18 recruits but that was counting on normal attrition of players transferring which won't happen because of COVID which is why the number has been reduced to 15 maybe 16 if we get Emeka.
    A class of 15 puts us at 86 right now by my count with no further injuries, declarations, transfers, etc. in the next 10 months.

That would be terrible roster mismanagement.

thechatch said:

A class of 15 puts us at 86 right now by my count with no further injuries, declarations, transfers, etc. in the next 10 months.

You also have to account for next year when they only have 10 seniors. They are saving a few scholarships for next year so the class isn't so small.

thechatch said:

You also have to account for next year when they only have 10 seniors. They are saving a few scholarships for next year so the class isn't so small.
    No, you never save scholarships. Especially in 2020 with the transfer portal a class of 10 seniors isn't even that small equates to a signing class of 18-20.

Super fancy play syndrome to take a 15 person class this year so we don't have to take only 18 next year?
    edited October 2020

thechatch said:

No, you never save scholarships. Especially in 2020 with the transfer portal a class of 10 seniors isn't even that small equates to a signing class of 18-20.

Super fancy play syndrome to take a 15 person class this year so we don't have to take only 18 next year?
    They are technically at 86 for next year plus it's not like they are turning down elite talent to save the scholarships. You want them to take some more middling three stars just so we can get up to 20 commits?
    dnc said:

thechatch said:

I think it's just an admission that they can't recruit this year and they're going to regroup and try and figure it out next year.

I'm not optimistic but I'm not optimistic they could improve this class much by adding numbers either.

It's a disaster.
    Yes, this is exactly what it is.

The BS about saving the scholarships for next year is just spin from the coaches.

I'm done now, they can resume controlling the narrative by putting the word out through sonics and the media that this is strategic.
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

thechatch said:

I think it's just an admission that they can't recruit this year and they're going to regroup and try and figure it out next year.

I'm not optimistic but I'm not optimistic they could improve this class much by adding numbers either.

It's a disaster.
    I wouldn't say disaster but they definitely underachieved. If they win some games this year and Jimmy proves himself as a head coach recruiting will improve next year, it's really that simple.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

thechatch said:

It's a disaster.
    I wouldn't say disaster but they definitely underachieved. If they win some games this year and Jimmy proves himself as a head coach recruiting will improve next year, it's really that simple.
    Big ifs. Jimmy better hope Wyrsch, Jumper and Finau pan out because on paper it looks terrible taking those guys early and passing on Wynden, Simon, Schuster, Cardwell, etc. I'm still stunned that our best recruiting assistant seemingly became clueless on how to recruit when he got the head job.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

thechatch said:

It's a disaster.
    Big ifs. Jimmy better hope Wyrsch, Jumper and Finau pan out because on paper it looks terrible taking those guys early and passing on Wynden, Simon, Schuster, Cardwell, etc. I'm still stunned that our best recruiting assistant seemingly became clueless on how to recruit when he got the head job.
    But they passed on Simon, Wyden, and Schuster because they aren't as high on them as the recruiting rankings. Do I understand it, no but it's based on their evaluations. And let's be real on Cardwell, KB could never close him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StIcRH_e6zQ