Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Huff interviewed him on the latest 247 podcast.

-Provided a summary of his top 4, basically said the same thing about Clemson, tOSU, and OU. They've all done a great job developing WRs and are rolling in recruiting.
    -Says the reason he's still considering UW is because of his trust in Junior Adams
    -Loves Jimmy lake, is excited for the new offense. Says it will be more "air raid".
    -Met with Donovan over Zoom to learn about his offense. Says he is excited to see it on the field.
    -Says he's close with Sam Huard and Caleb Williams (5* QB leaning towards OU) and it's a game changer to have an elite QB in the class. Said Sam is recruiting him hard.
    -Wants to play baseball in college and has met with UW's baseball coach
    -Wants to take all his visits before making a decision. If OVs are allowed in August he will take them all before the season. Will sign in December and enroll early.

Overall he did a good job of not hinting towards where he is leaning. I got the impression he truly is open right now and will give us every chance to keep him home as long as we don't fuck it up on the field.

If we land Egbuka, all is forgiven. We don't need Troy Franklin, amirite?
    why not BOTH?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,001
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

-Provided a summary of his top 4, basically said the same thing about Clemson, tOSU, and OU. They've all done a great job developing WRs and are rolling in recruiting.
    -Says the reason he's still considering UW is because of his trust in Junior Adams
    -Loves Jimmy lake, is excited for the new offense. Says it will be more "air raid".
    -Met with Donovan over Zoom to learn about his offense. Says he is excited to see it on the field.
    -Says he's close with Sam Huard and Caleb Williams (5* QB leaning towards OU) and it's a game changer to have an elite QB in the class. Said Sam is recruiting him hard.
    -Wants to take all his visits before making a decision. If OVs are allowed in August he will take them all before the season. Will sign in December and enroll early.

Overall he did a good job of not hinting towards where he is leaning. I got the impression he truly is open right now and will give us every chance to keep him home as long as we don't fuck it up on the field.

Softens the blow of losing Troy to Oregon but I want both
    Sure, but I'm not sure we NEED both. We're pretty loaded at WR as is. Get Egbuka and ______________ and I'm over the moon.
    No man. You want both Tania and Lauren in your bed, getting only one is still great but you can always get more and do better so never settle.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think you meant Ruben Foster...
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,590
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

Sure, but I'm not sure we NEED both. We're pretty loaded at WR as is. Get Egbuka and ______________ and I'm over the moon.
    No man. You want both Tania and Lauren in your bed, getting only one is still great but you can always get more and do better so never settle.
    Aquire talent and let the talent compete. The winners will be GOOD. If you fuck it up you end up with Opera, Fuller and Chin battling it out for PT as your upperclassmen. I'd prefer an upperclass room in which Spiker, Osborn and Puka try to hold off Jalen, Rome, Troy and Emeka. See how that's better?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,422
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I really want to post their yearbook photos on here but I might get arrested.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Highly recommend you listen to the latest 247 pod... only listened for the Emeka interview, and he let an “us” slip when he started talking about Washington

Absolute must get at this point.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If you didn’t like every udub fan tweet then you’re not doing your part because everything matters.

I’m so fucking gay.

Put the Christmas tree up
    dnc said:

Egbuka is better and more important.
    Yeah. Obviously you want both but if you told me we only get one, its Emeka by a mile. Emeka is a better version of Joe Ngata. Troy is a slightly downgraded version of Jalen McMillan. Both are great but Emeka is elite elite
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,422
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Highly recommend you listen to the latest 247 pod... only listened for the Emeka interview, and he let an “us” slip when he started talking about Washington

Can a homie get a timestamp?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,001
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I really want to post their yearbook photos on here but I might get arrested.
    @DerekJohnson true?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

If you didn’t like every udub fan tweet then you’re not doing your part because everything matters.

I’m so fucking gay.

dnc said:

Yeah. Obviously you want both but if you told me we only get one, its Emeka by a mile. Emeka is a better version of Joe Ngata. Troy is a slightly downgraded version of Jalen McMillan. Both are great but Emeka is elite elite
    I don't think Egbuka is really a version of Ngata (though I agree he's better). Ngata is as slightly lesser Reggie Williams. Egbuka is huge but from a slightly different mold. Faster, quicker and more precise than those guys and a little less physical.

He's like Antonio Brown with three more inches or a 4.4 DeAndre Hopkins.

He's incredibly special.
    I think Egbuka is a good sight better than Ngata.

Emeka is like having an even more nimble Jake Locker at WR, just a complete stallion that almost no college DB can handle.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I’m so fucking gay.

dnc said:

I don't think Egbuka is really a version of Ngata (though I agree he's better). Ngata is as slightly lesser Reggie Williams. Egbuka is huge but from a slightly different mold. Faster, quicker and more precise than those guys and a little less physical.

He's incredibly special.
    On the pod he said he's currently 6'1, 195lbs, that's above average for a WR but I wouldn't call huge. Bigger than Jalen but smaller than Rome.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Can a homie get a timestamp?
    UW stuff starts st around 6:30
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    In listening to the interview, I predict the term"well-spoken" to be used quite a bit when discussing Emeka.

Also nice to hear a recruit actually talk positive about Donovan
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

I’m so fucking gay.

dnc said:

He's incredibly special.
    I really like the AB comp. good shit DNC.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Until he commits elsewhere.
    No he's more important and better than Franklin no matter where he goes.
  • Options

dnc said:

I’m so fucking gay.

dnc said:

He's incredibly special.
    On the pod he said he's currently 6'1, 195lbs, that's above average for a WR but I wouldn't call huge. Bigger than Jalen but smaller than Rome.
    Yeah huge may have been an overstatement. He's huge for the way he moves.