Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

OreDawg said:

This recruitment is 100% about how the offense looks. Just make it look like the trajectory is going to be great with Sam coming in and even Matt Lubick would have had a chance.

Win, light it up this year, and at least utilize Puka in a way that shows we know what to do with a playmaking wideout and I don't see how he doesn't stay.

Shit the bed offensively and sleepwalking into 9-3 isn't going to get it done.
    if we sleepwalk it will be more of a 7-5
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

OreDawg said:

This recruitment is 100% about how the offense looks. Just make it look like the trajectory is going to be great with Sam coming in and even Matt Lubick would have had a chance.

Win, light it up this year, and at least utilize Puka in a way that shows we know what to do with a playmaking wideout and I don't see how he doesn't stay.

Shit the bed offensively and sleepwalking into 9-3 isn't going to get it done.
    if we sleepwalk it will be more of a 7-5
    Yeah but I heard the guys are working harder than ever!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    People forgetting what the QB room looks like heading in to this season?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That’s cute
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

That’s cute
    Honestly, I think our best chance of landing a good class is for the season to be cancelled or pushed to spring. Another shitty season, which is likely in my opinion, would fuck us over big time.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is not a valid excuse. we have 3 highly-ranked 4* QBs in our stable. If you cant get decent play out of one of those guys, the problem runs much deeper
    No reason at all for the offense to be less than solid. The OL should be good. The RBs are good. The WR have to make a leap, but they could be great. Jalen McMillan is a lot like Egbuka actually and is going to standout from day one.

The QB needs to be able to hand off the ball and throw to guys wearing purple. Piece of cake. Ronnie Fouch could do it.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,336
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is not a valid excuse. we have 3 highly-ranked 4* QBs in our stable. If you cant get decent play out of one of those guys, the problem runs much deeper
    I've been saying this for a looooooong time. I don't know of any other school in the country at which the hit rate for Elite-11 quarterbacks is one in nine (unless one of the current guys is actually good, then it's two in nine).
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723

I've been saying this for a looooooong time. I don't know of any other school in the country at which the hit rate for Elite-11 quarterbacks is one in nine (unless one of the current guys is actually good, then it's two in nine).
    Who is the one?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

If the pac12 cancels Washington has to leave the conference immediately

This could end up being the tipping point that allows the few teams in the PAC who who give a shit (namely UW Oregon and USC) to bolt for greener pastures.

The big conferences would be clamoring to expand their media markets to the west coast. There’s a reason the B1G added fucking Rutgers to their league
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who is the one?
    Look, I understand that the narrative around here is that Jake Browning sucks, and it's true that he was never the best quarterback in the country or won a lot of big games, but denying that he was a good college quarterback is just ignoring math, stats, facts. Particularly before his shoulder got destroyed. That he regressed beyond his sophomore season is--to me--even more evidence that the problem was the system rather than the talent in the QB room. Replaced him with a 5-star big dick gunslinger last season, with largely the same team around him, and they fell off a cliff.

I'd call Browning a successful college quarterback. Successful enough that I'd say he lived up to 4-star billing. I think he could have been even better in an offense that made sense, too, which goes to the heart of the argument that I don't think it's necessarily true that every other quarterback in the system was total garbage. I see it more as a total waste of talent than a total lack of talent.
    I'm guided by science and as much as I would love to dispute this the Big Dick Failure Factor lends quite a bit of credence to it

I would be enraged by Browning but almost as many times enraged at the play calling
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723

Who is the one?
    Look, I understand that the narrative around here is that Jake Browning sucks, and it's true that he was never the best quarterback in the country or won a lot of big games, but denying that he was a good college quarterback is just ignoring math, stats, facts. Particularly before his shoulder got destroyed. That he regressed beyond his sophomore season is--to me--even more evidence that the problem was the system rather than the talent in the QB room. Replaced him with a 5-star big dick gunslinger last season, with largely the same team around him, and they fell off a cliff.

I'd call Browning a successful college quarterback. Successful enough that I'd say he lived up to 4-star billing. I think he could have been even better in an offense that made sense, too, which goes to the heart of the argument that I don't think it's necessarily true that every other quarterback in the system was total garbage. I see it more as a total waste of talent than a total lack of talent.
    I was being sarkastic but good points.

I do think fans underestimate the number of highly rated qb busts. In the first 15 years of the Elite 11 only 52 were drafted or about 3.5 per year. By my rough count 21 became NFL starters. Effective NFL starters? Stafford, Luck, Winston, Goff, Watson, Bridgewater? Allen?

That is just looking at the finalists. Many of UW’s four star qb busts didn’t make the finals.

Lindquist, KJCS, Eason, Garbers, Montana, Locker, Paus is the list.

Something else interesting is the number of transfers in recent years:

2008: 5/12
    2009: 8/12
    2010: 7/12 plus one went baseball.
    2011: 6/11
    2012: 7/11
    2013: 4/11
    2014: 9/11
    2015: 8/11