Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

RealRhino said:

I know we supposed to support local guys but fuck that shit. Ohio State?! Fucking dead to me if he does, should be dead to you. You’re a fucking pussy if you go on Twitter with some bullshit about supporting them no matter what, etc.

Jesus Christ, is it really that hard to grasp that a fanbase trashing local high school kids on Twitter is just never a good thing?
    Jesus Christ, is it really that hard to grasp the difference between not blindly supporting local fuckers who a leave a perfectly decent local program and groveling for them to comeback like a rejected abused ex and "trashing local high school kids on Twitter"

Same goes for the the fuckers that leave early and sit out bowl games to protect their shitty draft stock.

As the "kids" like to point out a lot when making "tuff" decisions to leave... its nothing personal, its just business... fuck em all
    “The girl I asked to prom went with another guy instead. I wish she went with me, but I’m still rooting for her to have great sex with him!”
    Pics...
    I’m not on the Truckbed Snapchat thread, sorry.
    All I meant was that your scenario is acceptable as long as you receive pics. I dont want to see them however as that would just be fucked up at my age.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    RealRhino said:

I know we supposed to support local guys but fuck that shit. Ohio State?! Fucking dead to me if he does, should be dead to you. You’re a fucking pussy if you go on Twitter with some bullshit about supporting them no matter what, etc.

I never boo the kids.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

dnc said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

RealRhino said:

You have players like Heaps (BYU) and Browne (USC) that bailed on UW and now come back and want local support. FTG. Go back to Provo and LA and ask them.
    Didn't Sark take Big Sky over Heaps? I don't have any issues with him. Browne, sure.
    No, he wanted Heapes. Took Montana later. Both sucked.
    Maybe. I remember some claiming Heaps went to BYU because Sark picked Big Dick Nick.

Irregardless they were both shit.
    Its interesting that the state of Washington has had very 4 highly ranked high school QBs over the last decade (Heapes, Browne, Lindquist, Eason). 3 of them (Heapes, Browne, and Eason) were at one time ranked as the #1 qb in the nation.

Three of them ended up being utter shit (would not even give them a 2* ranking for their college career). The other had a so-so college career but was a massive disappointment.
    So Sam is going to suck? Shit
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

TommySQC said:

RealRhino said:

You have players like Heaps (BYU) and Browne (USC) that bailed on UW and now come back and want local support. FTG. Go back to Provo and LA and ask them.
    Didn't Sark take Big Sky over Heaps? I don't have any issues with him. Browne, sure.
    No, he wanted Heapes. Took Montana later. Both sucked.
    Maybe. I remember some claiming Heaps went to BYU because Sark picked Big Dick Nick.

Irregardless they were both shit.
    Its interesting that the state of Washington has had very 4 highly ranked high school QBs over the last decade (Heapes, Browne, Lindquist, Eason). 3 of them (Heapes, Browne, and Eason) were at one time ranked as the #1 qb in the nation.

Three of them ended up being utter shit (would not even give them a 2* ranking for their college career). The other had a so-so college career but was a massive disappointment.
    Sirmon was also highly rated, especially early in his high school career
    Sirmon and Morris both higher ranked than Lindquist.

There were three #1 QBs in the nation and all busts. Don’t dilute that story with the Wild Swede.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,347 Swaye's Wigwam
    I heard Huard is transferring to Steilacoom. His family just bought. A

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OneNipple said:
    I hope not for Sam's sake.

Russ will be the Hooks QB for another decade.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

I have a 6 guy minimum
    The first six teen bois were consensual?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    One of the privileges of going to UW (or any school) is their ability to network for you. Having that name on your degree could mean the difference of getting that job or promotion.

If kids going away to school, can come back and slip back in, what the fuck is the point?

You leave and you are on your own. Hope you made the right choice because you will not get the benefits of being a UW grad and football player.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    TommySQC said:

One of the privileges of going to UW (or any school) is their ability to network for you. Having that name on your degree could mean the difference of getting that job or promotion.

If kids going away to school, can come back and slip back in, what the fuck is the point?

You leave and you are on your own. Hope you made the right choice because you will not get the benefits of being a UW grad and football player.

This is a popular Doogman take but I'm skeptical how relevant it is today. Companies like Amazon and Microsoft recruit nationally and your odds of getting hired aren't any better if you have a UW degree. 90% of Seattleites can't name a single player on the roster and DGAF about Husky football.
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    edited May 2020

TommySQC said:

This is a popular Doogman take but I'm skeptical how relevant it is today. Companies like Amazon and Microsoft recruit nationally and your odds of getting hired aren't any better if you have a UW degree. 90% of Seattleites can't name a single player on the roster and DGAF about Husky football.
    Mostly agree with you. Don't know how big of a factor it plays. Depends on what you graduate in so much. But I think Stanford and USC might have better networks than UW in their prestige and global reach.

Kinda depends which department at Microsoft and Amazon too. All the coders, developers, engineers are for the majority from out of state/country. In my experience at microsoft, the largest group of UW grads I see are in recruiting, HR, and some business development teams.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

TommySQC said:

Yep. Interview and previous experience get you 95% of the jobs. Almost no one is hiring simply because you got your bachelor's from UW rather than Oregon State. The only time your school hurts you is if you got it from Bob Jones or Liberty or something like that.