Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offensive line coach, great recruiter, suspect head coach

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fenwick said:

Cristobal appears to have good position coaches which ease his job

Yep. They pilfer one from Mike Leach’s staff every year.

But then again it goes back to the old saying:

If you can’t beat em, buy em.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Fenwick said:

I don't like excuses because things happen in football, but Oregon hasn't played Wazzu with their starting QB since 2014.

I'm not saying that's why Oregon lost three times in a row, but it's interesting.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    salemcoog said:

Fenwick said:

• Options
    Coogs still riding high on the fumes of beating Braxton Burmeister and Willie T. Seems like they're expecting last year's team to show up. lol
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    3 of the 4 worst starters on Oregon's D are in the secondary. Gonna be really really difficult to beat WSU.
  • Options

Coogs still riding high on the fumes of beating Braxton Burmeister and Willie T. Seems like they're expecting last year's team to show up. lol

Why do you hate Prukop and Lockie?
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

Fenwick said:

I don't like excuses because things happen in football, but Oregon hasn't played Wazzu with their starting QB since 2014.

I'm not saying that's why Oregon lost three times in a row, but it's interesting.
    I like to say that I don’t like excuses as to why we lost and then fire one off the next sentence. It’s what I like to do.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

Fenwick said:

I like to say that I don’t like excuses as to why we lost and then fire one off the next sentence. It’s what I like to do.
    Didn't say it was an excuse. I said it was interesting.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Ed Orgeron. Having a good year like another guy who fits this description - Marco Cristobal.

Being kind of experts in shitty coaches and shitty coach hires the numbers really are stacked against both these guys but that's the thing about numbers, there will be anomalies and outliers

Orgeron was Pete Carroll's bag man at USC when he built the title teams. Ole Miss hired him and he said he was going to bring USC football to the SEC which made me laugh looking back on it Went 3-21 in conference and got fired

Back to USC and was interim coach when Sark got fired. Finished the year 6 and 2 and the players wanted him but SC didn't.

Went to LSU and got the interim job when Miles got fired. Players wanted him and LSU kept him. Having a big year so far.

UW got burned twice on the yeah he sucked there but imagine what he can do here - Gilby and Ty.

Maybe LSU and Oregon are on the other side of that. Maybe

If you swap Sherbert and Brownshorts last week, UW plungers us? 34-17 easily. If you swap Brownshorts and Joe Burrow, LSU has the talent to plunger almost anyone 34-17 easily. Same can be said about the U or Taggart’s snakehead choppers. There’s are 130 starting QBs in FBS, and maybe 20 in total aren’t Goffull, and even fewer will actually throw an NFL pass.

For as fun as Saturday was, Crystalball is LIPO until we see what post-Sherbert Oregon looks like.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Ed Orgeron. Having a good year like another guy who fits this description - Marco Cristobal.

Being kind of experts in shitty coaches and shitty coach hires the numbers really are stacked against both these guys but that's the thing about numbers, there will be anomalies and outliers

Orgeron was Pete Carroll's bag man at USC when he built the title teams. Ole Miss hired him and he said he was going to bring USC football to the SEC which made me laugh looking back on it Went 3-21 in conference and got fired

Back to USC and was interim coach when Sark got fired. Finished the year 6 and 2 and the players wanted him but SC didn't.

Went to LSU and got the interim job when Miles got fired. Players wanted him and LSU kept him. Having a big year so far.

UW got burned twice on the yeah he sucked there but imagine what he can do here - Gilby and Ty.

If you swap Sherbert and Brownshorts last week, UW plungers us? 34-17 easily. If you swap Brownshorts and Joe Burrow, LSU has the talent to plunger almost anyone 34-17 easily. Same can be said about the U or Taggart’s snakehead choppers. There’s are 130 starting QBs in FBS, and maybe 20 in total aren’t Goffull, and even fewer will actually throw an NFL pass.

For as fun as Saturday was, Crystalball is LIPO until we see what post-Sherbert Oregon looks like.
    There was a lot to that game outcome besides Sherbert. Yeah, he threw a dime on the tip toe TD, and the conversion in OT was money af - threw it where only Mitchell could get it.

That said, he wasn't fantastic Saturday. He had some drops, but he also ran like shit and let go of a few throws before he really had to.

Oregon's running game was as important Sat as Sherbert. So was the D getting off the field when they needed to. Those two things are markedly better this year than last. That's more than Sherbert.
  • Options
    If Herbert had been on his game I don't think the score would have been nearly as close as it was. Washington is a very good team, but it felt like we were playing at about 65% - 70% capacity.
  • Options

If Herbert had been on his game I don't think the score would have been nearly as close as it was. Washington is a very good team, but it felt like we were playing at about 65% - 70% capacity.

Herbert was horrible any time He had to move his feet sans the TD toss at the end of the first half. UWs secondary is waaaayyy better than WSUs, but WSUs pass rush is waaaayyy better than UDubs. I’m sure they’ll disagree, but it’s the truth. That along with our run blitzes are what I’m hanging my hat on to get UOs Offense off of the field.

If you’re Oline is able to handle those reads, it will get ugly quick for WSU however.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Herbert was horrible any time He had to move his feet sans the TD toss at the end of the first half. UWs secondary is waaaayyy better than WSUs, but WSUs pass rush is waaaayyy better than UDubs. I’m sure they’ll disagree, but it’s the truth. That along with our run blitzes are what I’m hanging my hat on to get UOs Offense off of the field.

If you’re Oline is able to handle those reads, it will get ugly quick for WSU however.
    Quite honestly I don't disagree

Just don't miss or you give up big play after big play

Hubert has limited play against decent teams. Stanford and UW were the first big games he has played

He handled a sophisticated d back scheme good enough to get the W
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Summary: what you QUOOKS don’t understand is we’ve seen this all before at LSU.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He hasn't failed at LSU

Yet

If you all want to be insulted by my post go ahead. I think we all know that if I want to be insulting I can do a lot better than that
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He hasn't failed at LSU

Yet

If you all want to be insulted by my post go ahead. I think we all know that if I want to be insulting I can do a lot better than that

What makes you think I’m insulted?

Sounds like I’ve upset you if anything.

As you were.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No

You were insulted

A lot
  • Options
    LSU can beat Bama if they play like they played against Georgia.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

no
  • Options

no
    yes, Bama rarely goes undefeated, no matter how good they are. More and more this is looking like the game where they might falter, if any.