Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Offensive line coach, great recruiter, suspect head coach

13»

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018

LSU can beat Bama if they play like they played against Georgia.

no
    yes, Bama rarely goes undefeated, no matter how good they are. More and more this is looking like the game where they might falter, if any.
    Nick Saban with the best QB in the nation is not losing to Ed Orgeron.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LSU can beat Bama if they play like they played against Georgia.

no
    yes, Bama rarely goes undefeated, no matter how good they are. More and more this is looking like the game where they might falter, if any.
    Nick Saban with the best QB in the nation is not losing to Ed Orgeron.
    Careful
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would love to see it happen, but it won't.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    You could hardly find a more intimidating environment than Tiger Stadium with a really good LSU team playing with its back against the wall. They know they'll be eliminated if they lose that game. Bama, not so much.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

You could hardly find a more intimidating environment than Tiger Stadium with a really good LSU team playing with its back against the wall. They know they'll be eliminated if they lose that game. Bama, not so much.

That LSU QB is a good game manager too. Tua has a banged up knee now also. It could happen.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

That LSU QB is a good game manager too. Tua has a banged up knee now also. It could happen.
    LSU’s talent can beat anyone on any given day, they just extremely inconsistent. Would not shock me if bama lost
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

The poont about Tua is a strong one. If he's not Tua caliber then LSU has a shot.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ed Orgeron. Having a good year like another guy who fits this description - Marco Cristobal.

Being kind of experts in shitty coaches and shitty coach hires the numbers really are stacked against both these guys but that's the thing about numbers, there will be anomalies and outliers

Orgeron was Pete Carroll's bag man at USC when he built the title teams. Ole Miss hired him and he said he was going to bring USC football to the SEC which made me laugh looking back on it Went 3-21 in conference and got fired

Back to USC and was interim coach when Sark got fired. Finished the year 6 and 2 and the players wanted him but SC didn't.

Went to LSU and got the interim job when Miles got fired. Players wanted him and LSU kept him. Having a big year so far.

UW got burned twice on the yeah he sucked there but imagine what he can do here - Gilby and Ty.

Maybe LSU and Oregon are on the other side of that. Maybe

If you swap Sherbert and Brownshorts last week, UW plungers us? 34-17 easily. If you swap Brownshorts and Joe Burrow, LSU has the talent to plunger almost anyone 34-17 easily. Same can be said about the U or Taggart’s snakehead choppers. There’s are 130 starting QBs in FBS, and maybe 20 in total aren’t Goffull, and even fewer will actually throw an NFL pass.

For as fun as Saturday was, Crystalball is LIPO until we see what post-Sherbert Oregon looks like.
    Mariota : Helfrich :: Cristalballs : Sherbert
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Ed Orgeron. Having a good year like another guy who fits this description - Marco Cristobal.

Being kind of experts in shitty coaches and shitty coach hires the numbers really are stacked against both these guys but that's the thing about numbers, there will be anomalies and outliers

Orgeron was Pete Carroll's bag man at USC when he built the title teams. Ole Miss hired him and he said he was going to bring USC football to the SEC which made me laugh looking back on it Went 3-21 in conference and got fired

Back to USC and was interim coach when Sark got fired. Finished the year 6 and 2 and the players wanted him but SC didn't.

Went to LSU and got the interim job when Miles got fired. Players wanted him and LSU kept him. Having a big year so far.

UW got burned twice on the yeah he sucked there but imagine what he can do here - Gilby and Ty.

If you swap Sherbert and Brownshorts last week, UW plungers us? 34-17 easily. If you swap Brownshorts and Joe Burrow, LSU has the talent to plunger almost anyone 34-17 easily. Same can be said about the U or Taggart’s snakehead choppers. There’s are 130 starting QBs in FBS, and maybe 20 in total aren’t Goffull, and even fewer will actually throw an NFL pass.

For as fun as Saturday was, Crystalball is LIPO until we see what post-Sherbert Oregon looks like.
    There was a lot to that game outcome besides Sherbert. Yeah, he threw a dime on the tip toe TD, and the conversion in OT was money af - threw it where only Mitchell could get it.

That said, he wasn't fantastic Saturday. He had some drops, but he also ran like shit and let go of a few throws before he really had to.

Oregon's running game was as important Sat as Sherbert. So was the D getting off the field when they needed to. Those two things are markedly better this year than last. That's more than Sherbert.
    Everything is important because it plays off of each other. The running game sets up the passing game and vice versa. Sherbert's numbers were superficially bad, but UW has a great defensive backfield and he didn't shy away from throwing at them. The last touchdown in overtime worked because UW's defense is hyper aware of DIllon Mitchell in motion and the defense respects Sherbert's ability to throw an accurate ball with velocity. If you have a Browning-like quarterback who throws an accurate ball without velocity, it changes the defense. When you have a Joe Burrow type quarterback who isn't really accurate, the middle gets plugged on that play 11 times out of 10.

Crystalball is recruiting lights out right now, and it's a safe assumption the talent level around the team gets better over the next couple of seasons. But no matter how good a coach is, getting a quarterback like Sherbert doesn't happen all that often. And the real tell of where Oregon is headed is going to happen when they have a QB who has grade C/B arm talent versus one with elite arm talent.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

No

You were insulted

A lot

That makes no sense. Why would I be insulted? You moved from Washington to LSU.

After one game.

You’re quite possibly the first ever qoog.

Swaye's Wigwam

No

You were insulted

A lot

After one game.

This made no sense at all

Blinded by being so insulted IMO
    edited October 2018

No

You were insulted

A lot

After one game.

This made no sense at all

Blinded by being so insulted IMO
    Sorry youre so confused. Heard that happens when you get older.

Everyday you remind me to make sure to unplug my computer in 30 years and give it to my grandkids dads, just to be safe.

Swaye's Wigwam
    I know words can hurt and I am sorry for hurting you

Apology accepted, qoog.

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

flatus said:

And Orgeron is a Cajun Neanderthal.

Can't understand a damn thing he says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY
    Swaye's Wigwam

Apology accepted, qoog.

Name calling is never acceptable