Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Offensive line coach, great recruiter, suspect head coach

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Ed Orgeron. Having a good year like another guy who fits this description - Marco Cristobal.

Being kind of experts in shitty coaches and shitty coach hires the numbers really are stacked against both these guys but that's the thing about numbers, there will be anomalies and outliers

Orgeron was Pete Carroll's bag man at USC when he built the title teams. Ole Miss hired him and he said he was going to bring USC football to the SEC which made me laugh looking back on it Went 3-21 in conference and got fired

Back to USC and was interim coach when Sark got fired. Finished the year 6 and 2 and the players wanted him but SC didn't.

Went to LSU and got the interim job when Miles got fired. Players wanted him and LSU kept him. Having a big year so far.

UW got burned twice on the yeah he sucked there but imagine what he can do here - Gilby and Ty.

Maybe LSU and Oregon are on the other side of that. Maybe

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Better to be lucky than good when it comes to making coaching hires. There are few if any sure things.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm still LIPO on Cristobal's in game coaching. But so far, he's at least looked good. I wouldn't say great, but good. He's a hell of a recruiter, which is a plus. A good coach and great talent can win you championships.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Cristobal appears to have good position coaches which ease his job
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 876
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2018
    Fenwick said:

Cristobal appears to have good position coaches which ease his job

This.

And Orgeron is a Cajun Neanderthal.

Not saying Cristobal is mastermind but c'mon.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ed Orgeron. Having a good year like another guy who fits this description - Marco Cristobal.

Being kind of experts in shitty coaches and shitty coach hires the numbers really are stacked against both these guys but that's the thing about numbers, there will be anomalies and outliers

Orgeron was Pete Carroll's bag man at USC when he built the title teams. Ole Miss hired him and he said he was going to bring USC football to the SEC which made me laugh looking back on it Went 3-21 in conference and got fired

Back to USC and was interim coach when Sark got fired. Finished the year 6 and 2 and the players wanted him but SC didn't.

Went to LSU and got the interim job when Miles got fired. Players wanted him and LSU kept him. Having a big year so far.

UW got burned twice on the yeah he sucked there but imagine what he can do here - Gilby and Ty.

This is a stupid comparison. Also where did Cristobal suck? FIU? Another stupid comparison, comparing 0-12 new D1 FIU to Ole Miss and USC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

This is a stupid comparison. Also where did Cristobal suck? FIU? Another stupid comparison, comparing 0-12 new D1 FIU to Ole Miss and USC.
    He sucked everywhere

You seem upset
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I'm still LIPO on Cristobal's in game coaching. But so far, he's at least looked good. I wouldn't say great, but good. He's a hell of a recruiter, which is a plus. A good coach and great talent can win you championships.

#overrated 4*

#2000miamidoesn'tcount

#bamarecruitsitself

#@strongarmcobra
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Better to be lucky than good when it comes to making coaching hires. There are few if any sure things.

This is where I come out. May as well roll the fucking dice. Key is to not wait 6 years before waking up. Try and try again until you get it right.

I always go back to Pete Carroll: he was, what, 8th choice or some shit? Fucking BeavRiley turned that shit down first. Kreist.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, saw Pete Carroll's run at USC coming.

When Jimmy replaced Schnelly, the city collectively shit a chicken. Guy who spent his time in the Big 8 having his ass handed to him by Oklahoma and Nebraska Classy.

The Petersen options are rare.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

He sucked everywhere

You seem upset
    The internal desire for UW fans to want every other school to make the same mistakes they did with Gilby/Ty/Sark would be funny if it wasn't so depressing. Other programs aren't your shitty af AD. UW is UW. No one else is UW stupid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

He sucked everywhere

You seem upset
    The internal desire for UW fans to want every other school to make the same mistakes they did with Gilby/Ty/Sark would be funny if it wasn't so depressing. Other programs aren't your shitty af AD. UW is UW. No one else is UW stupid.
    As hondo would say you should try reading what I wrote

Everyone else got it

You didn't
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    If you can recruit at a top ten level and coach up college lineman, you'll be good because you can establish a sustainable high floor with that baseline. Your ceiling is then dictated by the quality of your skill position coaches and the resources your program gives you access to. Cristoball at Oregon is a really good fit because of the limitless resources and the Oregon's reputation with skill players.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Orgeron and LSU is a perfect fit

He has tiger DNA. The resemblance is striking.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Didn't read, Doog nonsense.

You have one chance next year, then it's long term ass whippings again. If Herbert is back you have no chance next year.

I knew you would start your Doog campaign after this loss. I just didn't think it would be so soon.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shut the fuck up
  • Options

Shut the fuck up

It's not my fault your post loss Doogishness is shit.

Maybe sit a few plays out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You said you didn't read it you fucking moron
  • Options

You said you didn't read it you fucking moron

I didn't need to buddy. Race typing hundreds of words post loss is Doog propaganda 100 times out of 100.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018
    Like I said

Fuck off
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    #SkinnyRape2019
  • Options