Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

we've just rejuvenated Oregon football... again

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Cristobal is better than expected. O still bet he's closer to mediocre than being really good.

I will say Oregon runs the ball and the OL will be emphasized. They are recruiting well too.

I don't think they become the class of the PAC 12. An 8-4, 9-3 type is my guess.

So a coach that recruits better than everyone else and pounds the rock is going to be mediocre?

The Dooging is at epic levels right now.
    We're going to find out.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

It could be that this is the spark that "rejuvenates" Oregon, but not likely. To me, this was much more like the Sark wins over SC and Stanford. Oregon won because of UWs fuckups. Cristobal didnt all of a sudden become a non-mediocre coach because of this game.

You have zero basis on which to make that claim or know if he's mediocre or good, other than what he's done at Oregon. The rest is irrelevant. FIU is irrelevant, notwithstanding he built them into the only bowl game they've ever even seen.

This is a classically doog post. Oregon fucked up too. There were some key drops on 3rd down that would have made things harder on Washington. On UW's last TD pass, UW got away with an obvious hold on the pass rusher who was coming right at Jake, and we all know what happens when Jake has someone baring down on him. Instead, UW held the guy, Jake was able to buy another 3 or 4 seconds, and lobbed a fly ball at Jones. No holding, that TD probably doesn't happen. UW did not just hand Oregon the game. They ran straight at you with success. They beat you with a mediocre performance from their best player.

Oregon was in a shambles when he took over the program. That he has not progressed that team from the ashes of two coaching transitions, one of them being Helfire who had made the program soft and shitty, is something only a bitter little doog could say.

Doogie Doogie Doog it away.
    Sounds like UW was lucky to even be in the game...
    Sounds like you're hungover and changing the subject because you haven't a better response. The box score doesn't lie.

Only a doog reviews the game, focuses on his team's mistakes and bad breaks, and concludes that's the only reason they could have lost. Herbert was average yesterday and there were several key drops, especially in the 4th Quarter that helped set Washington up for that last time-consuming drive. It didn't have to play out that way and maybe it's not down to a field goal for the win.

Oregon lost two starting O linemen and one of their best D linemen too. It wasn't a perfect day for the ducks by any stretch.

But dooging is what we? do on Sundays after a loss I suppose.

Be glad you won't sneak into NY6; facing Bama this year with this Washington team would be a program breaker.
    You like to act like the other team doesn’t have anything to do making a good QBs look average. You like to do that. You also like to act like players didn’t get hurt on both teams.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Peterman said:

ntxduck said:

It could be that this is the spark that "rejuvenates" Oregon, but not likely. To me, this was much more like the Sark wins over SC and Stanford. Oregon won because of UWs fuckups. Cristobal didnt all of a sudden become a non-mediocre coach because of this game.

LOL. jesus fucking christ
    So you think an overtime win at home coming off a bye solidifies Cristibal as a great coach?
    Didn't say that, but Sark beat USC with a backup QB who was so bad he transferred to Richmond (where he didn't even start there) after that game. Same with Sark beating Stanford...he beat backup Josh Nunes.

Saying Oregon won because of UWs fuckups is just hilarious denial. I saw an extremely evenly matched game, between 2 good but not great teams. Almost every fuckup UW fans have been bitching about on here also apply to Oregon (missed FG, poor special teams, poor red zone playcalling...)

Oregon will lose a couple more games this year, and UW will probably lose once more as well. But if I'm a Washington fan, I'm wondering why Cristobal in year 1 is pretty much dead even with CP in year 5.

Put on your cuog helmet loser, losers have losing attitudes, Oregon might not win out, but it definitely won't do it if the players have the same sorry mindset that you do. But I don't think that's the case. They think they can win. Cristobal has them believing in themselves and the program again.
    Lol at dip shits think fans opinions or “mindset” has anything to do with the players or the outcome of games.
    Your reading comprehension needs work. Where did I say his or any other fan's mindset has anything to do with players or outcomes of games? I said if the players had the same shitty negative attitude he has, then yeah, they'll lose several more games for sure. No confidence.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Fair enough. I'll grant you that Washington pressure made Herbert less comfortable than he was playing Cal.

On the other hand, the injuries should have hurt Oregon more than they hurt Washington.

On the two targeting calls, Oregon lost a key player up front at the end of the first-quarter; Washington lost Johnson halfway through the fourth.

Every single shitty thing that happened to Washington happened to Oregon.