Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington state ends ‘racially biased’ death penalty. U mad, Hondo?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

Commit the crime you deserve the punishment. Nothing racist about that at all.

Who decides what’s a capital offense? Adultary? Failure to pay taxes? Not worshiping REAL god (i.e. the state), being a homo?..... careful.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sledog said:

Who decides what’s a capital offense? Adultary? Failure to pay taxes? Not worshiping REAL god (i.e. the state), being a homo?..... careful.
    I’m for limiting the governments ability to kill people. What does that make me?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Alexis said:

I love the Seattle Times article that points out the death penalty is rayciss, and then shows a picture of the 8 guys currently on #deathrow. 5 of them are white.

I guess my issue is how sexist it is. All of them are men.

And men who most men would happily and gladly kill for what they did. But this state is Feminist Utopia, so I hope all its women feel much safer today than yesterday.
    Or we could just lock them up forever and accomplish the same thing for cheaper. Nobody is saying to let these psychos loose in the streets.

And on the off chance that one was mistakenly convicted, we can avoid murdering another innocent man.
    A bullet to the back of the head immediately after sentencing is pretty fucking cheap.

Can I please get a link to one of these "innocent" men we've executed recently?
    The method of execution isn’t the issue.

Love conservatives in this thread waving the right to an appeal.
    Why isn't the guy who shot up that church is South Carolina already dead? What issue exactly is he appealing his death sentence on? Lets expedite the execution of people like that and we'd save a lot of money.

Why is Polly Klaas killer still alive? There's no legitimate issue for him to be appealing his conviction on. We know he did it, it's not a case of mistaken identity and yet there he sits on "death" row, over 20 years later.
    I get what you’re saying. But you don’t get to ignore the process for some people just because you’re pretty sure they did it.

The fact that the government has executed the wrong people doesn’t seem to be bothering you though. I find that strange coming from a conservative.
    Brent Cavenaugh and I just chuckled
    I must have missed his trial.

You know Roberts opened an investigation against him, right?

Perjured himself before Congress too.

Big belly laughs.
    To be fair we all missed his trial since the democrats convicted him without one

Kind of the point that you missed very badly

And of course you have evidence of his perjury too

But a soft spot for killers
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,968
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Leftards seem to be ignorant of the historical origin of state imposed justice. Better to have the state impose justice rather than the family or the tribe. If someone killed a family member of mine – I would want ultimate justice. There it ends. Not having someone in jail filing appeal after appeal based on false arguments – like the death penalty is unconstitutional because its cruel and unusual punishment when the Constitution specifically authorizes the death penalty. Or down the line, leftards decide to that life in prison doesn’t really mean life in prison.

If a state want to make it illegal fine. Let them, but if the people of a state want justice imposed, then fine also. From a practical standpoint, I’d go with a no doubt standard. That gets the canard of all the innocent people getting offed by the state out of the way and cuts the appeals process way down also.

• Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Alexis said:

I love the Seattle Times article that points out the death penalty is rayciss, and then shows a picture of the 8 guys currently on #deathrow. 5 of them are white.

And men who most men would happily and gladly kill for what they did. But this state is Feminist Utopia, so I hope all its women feel much safer today than yesterday.
    Or we could just lock them up forever and accomplish the same thing for cheaper. Nobody is saying to let these psychos loose in the streets.

And on the off chance that one was mistakenly convicted, we can avoid murdering another innocent man.
    A bullet to the back of the head immediately after sentencing is pretty fucking cheap.

Why isn't the guy who shot up that church is South Carolina already dead? What issue exactly is he appealing his death sentence on? Lets expedite the execution of people like that and we'd save a lot of money.

Why is Polly Klaas killer still alive? There's no legitimate issue for him to be appealing his conviction on. We know he did it, it's not a case of mistaken identity and yet there he sits on "death" row, over 20 years later.
    I get what you’re saying. But you don’t get to ignore the process for some people just because you’re pretty sure they did it.

The fact that the government has executed the wrong people doesn’t seem to be bothering you though. I find that strange coming from a conservative.

Big belly laughs.
    To be fair we all missed his trial since the democrats convicted him without one

Convicted? When does his jail sentence start?

The point is he wasn’t in court defending himself. He was being reviewed for a lifetime appointment. And he cried like a little bitch about a calendar.

The evidence is on tape. A small lie is still a lie.

But if you want to be on the weak tummy cry baby angry guy grabby team, go for it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

I’m for limiting the governments ability to kill people. What does that make me?
    Depends. Limiting or eliminating?
  • Options

Sledog said:

For American citizens, eliminating.

Others? Limiting.

There’s bad people out there, and we still have to kill them sometimes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Alexis said:

Big belly laughs.

The point is he wasn’t in court defending himself. He was being reviewed for a lifetime appointment. And he cried like a little bitch about a calendar.

But if you want to be on the weak tummy cry baby angry guy grabby team, go for it.
    You seem to be struggling

I guess when you care more about "justice" for scum killers than you do about a fair hearing for a judge it gets like that

When do you plan on letting go of your rage over Cavenaugh?

Or Trump?

Time to move on Tommy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Sledog said:

For American citizens, eliminating.

Others? Limiting.

There’s bad people out there, and we still have to kill them sometimes.
    Then that makes you a statist.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Alexis said:

Big belly laughs.

You seem to be struggling

I guess when you care more about "justice" for scum killers than you do about a fair hearing for a judge it gets like that

When do you plan on letting go of your rage over Cavenaugh?

Or Trump?

Time to move on Tommy.
    I think locking killers up for life is sufficient justice. Killing them is some eye for an eye bullshit that the Bible taught me was bad. Give it a read some time.

What was unfair about the hearing? He isn’t entitled to be on the Supreme Court.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,917

Sledog said:

And who has death peblaties of which you speak?

Murder gets you a death sentence. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Simple shit.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Alexis said:

Innocent people get killed all the time. Usually by the fucking creeps you're worried about.
  • Options

Sledog said:

As Michael Corleone said, "Now who's being naive?"
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Alexis said:

Innocent people get killed all the time. Usually by the fucking creeps you're worried about.
    Keep me out of this. I didn't do nothin'.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Alexis said:

And here's Turd Burgler to pull some really stupid shit out.

Innocent people are killed all the time, so what's wrong with the state doing it?

Good job. Good effort.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Useful idiots aka Liberals would rather see sentences commuted to all, if one was convicted unjustly. People with common sense disagree with this.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Useful idiots aka Liberals would rather see sentences commuted to all, if one was convicted unjustly. People with common sense disagree with this.

Changing the death sentence to life in prison. Typical soft on crime Libs, amirite?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I feel like we're covering a lot of topics in this thread.
  • Options

Alexis said:

Keep me out of this. I didn't do nothin'.
    Free Fuckin PUB! My compliments!
  • Options
    dflea said:

Alexis said:

And here's Turd Burgler to pull some really stupid shit out.

Innocent people are killed all the time, so what's wrong with the state doing it?

Good job. Good effort.
    Nothing if they deserve it.

Though rather obvious, the irony of your own point eludes you.