Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official game day thread Kavanaugh edition

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

AZDuck said:

Okay, I'm no woman. I get that. But assuming everything Dr. Ford says is true, would an event like that cause her to underperform academically, not get dates, wig out in college, keep shit from her parents, spend too much time in the sun, drink too much, etc., etc., etc. Sorry, not buying it.

Read some studies on PTSD. That's exactly what happens

This is what's wrong with #MeToo IMO. Suddenly every single hangnail is the fault of the Patriarchy.

Rape = hangnail? Come on.

If nothing else, this entire process seems to prove Freud's initial conclusions that women are fucking hysterical. Period. End of story.

Speaking of hysterical... much of this insane drama is the result of Chuck Grassley saying "damn the torpedoes, we're gonna get this guy confirmed before the Senate recesses for the election. A great many bad decisions and stupid actions have resulted from the precipitate rush to confirm Kavanaugh this summer. So who's being hysterical?

PTSD? 2 mins of groping equals 2 tours in Vietnam? Who's being ridiculous?

And @AZDuck, groping and fondling now equals Rape?
    Yes many women get PTSD from encounters like that. It's almost like a child's brain is different from an adults brain.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Okay, I'm no woman. I get that. But assuming everything Dr. Ford says is true, would an event like that cause her to underperform academically, not get dates, wig out in college, keep shit from her parents, spend too much time in the sun, drink too much, etc., etc., etc. Sorry, not buying it.

This is what's wrong with #MeToo IMO. Suddenly every single hangnail is the fault of the Patriarchy.

If nothing else, this entire process seems to prove Freud's initial conclusions that women are fucking hysterical. Period. End of story.

Speaking of hysterical... much of this insane drama is the result of Chuck Grassley saying "damn the torpedoes, we're gonna get this guy confirmed before the Senate recesses for the election. A great many bad decisions and stupid actions have resulted from the precipitate rush to confirm Kavanaugh this summer. So who's being hysterical?

Abusive sexual contact.

Whoever, in the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States or in a Federal prison, or in any prison, institution, or facility in which persons are held in custody by direction of or pursuant to a contract or agreement with the head of any Federal department or agency, knowingly engages in sexual contact with another person without that other person’s permission shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

- 18 U.S. Code § 2244 - Abusive sexual contact

sexual contact
    (3)the term “sexual contact” means the intentional touching, either directly or through the clothing, of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to abuse, humiliate, harass, degrade, or arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person;

STOP! I know the facts. I stipulated to them for fuck sake.

And if they caused this lady PTSD, then she was damaged goods to begin with.

Look at her and listen to her, for fuck sake. She's a Child.
    Making fun of the witness is definitely what Republicans should do. That'll resonate well with the voters.
    How does her 7 year old, Valley Girl voice and speech resonate with you, Hondo? I suppose you might have a chance with her if you can tolerate it.
    In all seriousness. There are many millions of women with PTSD from stuff like this. Many women know women who have been affected by sexual abuse as a child. Not sure if you are aware of this, but women react differently to things than men do. It is very common for women to have emotional issues later in life from sexual abuses as a child. Same with men abused as kids.
    Focus, Hondo. Focus. There's no rape or childhood sexual abuse alleged. Stop diverting and distracting. The allegation is an attempted sexual assault. Let's try being precise, since I've already stipulated to the facts. Kreist. You guys are like herding cats.
    nope, its completed aggravated sexual assault, maybe attempted rape
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

AZDuck said:

Yes many women get PTSD from encounters like that. It's almost like a child's brain is different from an adults brain.
    But you'd never give Kavanaugh that "child brain" benefit of the doubt, would you, Hondo?

2001400ex said:

AZDuck said:

But you'd never give Kavanaugh that "child brain" benefit of the doubt, would you, Hondo?
    If this encounter did happen. He was the perpetrator, not the victim. People who experience situations where they are forced into something, such as groping, often end up with PTSD. Do some research on it.

I'm just laying out facts here, not being a dick.

This is the biggest fucking farce ever.

32 hours of questioning. 1300 written questions answered.

The dems were forced to use the only card they had left - false sexual assualt accusations from 35 years ago.

Fucking joke to anyone with a brain

half a brain, you mean?
    In case anyone was wondering why the GOP dudebros hired a ringer:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/politics/orrin-hatch-kavanaugh-accuser-attractive/index.html

"I don't think she's uncredible," said Hatch, the senior senator from Utah, when asked during the lunch break in Ford's testimony. "I think she's an attractive, good witness."
    When CNN asked what he meant by "attractive," Hatch responded, "In other words, she's pleasing."

The self-ownage here is fantastic. But no, it's all an evil Dem plot.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

AZDuck said:

If this encounter did happen. He was the perpetrator, not the victim. People who experience situations where they are forced into something, such as groping, often end up with PTSD. Do some research on it.

I survived a building collapse. I know what PTSD is. I've experienced it. And it didn't have fuck-all to do with bad grades. Grow a brain.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Does this one brief encounter really rise to the level of sexual abuse?

There is no corroborating evidence the encounter happened.
    edited September 2018

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

AZDuck said:

I survived a building collapse. I know what PTSD is. I've experienced it. And it didn't have fuck-all to do with bad grades. Grow a brain.
    It's almost as if PTSD effects people differently. In my real world. I know several women who have discussed they situations and diagnosis with me. And they range from successful business women to stay at home moms that sometimes struggle daily to get out of bed.
    edited September 2018

why the fuck is he siccing ICE and ATF on this case and not the FBI? Did someone illegally immigrate to Georgetown Prep? Did Kavanaugh illegally brew his 100 kegs of beer?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    what I have decided from all this is anyone who votes for any of those 21 senators is a complete asshole.
    LebamDawg said:

what I have decided from all this is anyone who votes for any of those 21 senators is a complete asshole.

Only those 21? Fire them all. I'm in.
    For the record, I have no idea what happened in that room 30 years ago. But I know that the committee which does not intend to question *anyone else*, not even the guy who was reportedly in the room with them, isn't about to find out either.

Personally, I'm more upset about the fact that the committee refused to look into most of Kavanaugh's record as W. Bush's attorney, to say nothing of all the crap from the Starr investigation.

But sex sells, and that's what got America's attention. So here we are.

That being said, the multiple accusers coming forward lend a certain credibility to something, and Kavanaugh's "I was a choir boy" defense doesn't exactly fly in the face of his yearbook and the three pages of his 1982 calendar that he provided.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

For the record, I have no idea what happened in that room 30 years ago. But I know that the committee which does not intend to question *anyone else*, not even the guy who was reportedly in the room with them, isn't about to find out either.

Personally, I'm more upset about the fact that the committee refused to look into most of Kavanaugh's record as W. Bush's attorney, to say nothing of all the crap from the Starr investigation.

That being said, Jake Browning sucks, the multiple accusers coming forward lend a certain credibility to something, and Kavanaugh's "I was a choir boy" defense doesn't exactly fly in the face of his yearbook and the three pages of his 1982 calendar that he provided.

FTFY
    AZDuck said:

That being said, the multiple accusers coming forward lend a certain credibility to something, and Kavanaugh's "I was a choir boy" defense doesn't exactly fly in the face of his yearbook and the three pages of his 1982 calendar that he provided.

Yeah the calendar thing was weird. And his "I was a virgin" defense.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Dumb lying cunt