Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Isaiah Stewart, 2019 5* C, (Committed) (There was never a doubt)

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

This would be the biggest recruiting coup in progrum history.

Zay Stewart, Green, McDaniels, Nowell and Carter/Wright would probably be by far the best starting five in program history.

Getting Stewart would not be a bigger coup than getting Fultz was.

Obviously it would make a bigger impact because we have an adult in charge, but he's not a bigger recruit nor a tougher pull.

Would obviously be huge though.

I'm not letting myself think about McDaniels.
    Of course not but that team sucked so NOGAF.

I was talking about if we get Stewart and McDaniels instantly becomes the best class in program history.

I love Battle he can stroke it.

Tshjonis or whatever is ok. Not enough film on him to form an opinion.

If we get Stewart I think we get McDaniels.
    Well no shit
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Zay Stewart, Green, McDaniels, Nowell and Carter/Wright would probably be by far the best starting five in program history.

I know you were born in 2012, but give me Conroy (Sr.) Nate Rob (Jr.), Tre Simmons (Sr, Broy (Jr.), Mike Jensen (Sr) with Bobby Jones (Jr.) and Jamaal Williams (Jr.) off the bench. That team did get a #1 seed after all.

Nate Rob left after that season and UW had Martell (went straight to the pros) and Brockman coming in. That team would have been insane.

Anyways, you sound slightly like Basenight saying this Freshmen team would be the best in school history and he is annoying so I had to downvote you.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dawgs206 said:

I know you were born in 2012, but give me Conroy (Sr.) Nate Rob (Jr.), Tre Simmons (Sr, Broy (Jr.), Mike Jensen (Sr) with Bobby Jones (Jr.) and Jamaal Williams (Jr.) off the bench. That team did get a #1 seed after all.

Nate Rob left after that season and UW had Martell (went straight to the pros) and Brockman coming in. That team would have been insane.

Anyways, you sound slightly like Basenight saying this Freshmen team would be the best in school history and he is annoying so I had to downvote you.
    He's not talking about retroactive rankings. Besides you combined two classes to make the comparison.
    edited January 2019

dawgs206 said:

He's not talking about retroactive rankings. Besides you combined two classes to make the comparison.
    "Best starting 5 in program history..." If you look at the players BTP included in his starting 5 they are over 3 recruiting classes...

He did mention biggest recruiting coup in program history and that could be true. Him or Fultz and I see the case for Stewart, even though Fultz was also cross country and rated slightly higher.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

"Best starting 5 in program history..." If you look at the players BTP included in his starting 5 they are over 3 recruiting classes...

He did mention biggest recruiting coup in program history and that could be true. Him or Fultz and I see the case for Stewart, even though Fultz was also cross country and rated slightly higher.
    Ah didn't see that. idontreadyourguysstuff.gif
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    McDaniels would be the best player in program history...

Stewart will have a better career than Nate Rob

Carter’s easily an NBA player (with development I think he will get)

Green will be better than Conroy (might not be quite the leader that he is)

Nowell will play in the league.

Basically 4/5 guys on that team will play in the league. Green will be a very good college player.
    edited January 2019

Basically 4/5 guys on that team will play in the league. Green will be a very good college player.

I hear you, but I disagree. The most talented is different than the best player. Broy was the third leading scorer that year (just a couple points from being 5th). The next year he was a first team AA. Fultz was the #1 pick in the draft and he was a 3rd team AA (the team sucked, but still). McDaniels is 1 and done so very small chance he is the best player in program history. Most talented works. IDK why I'm arguing about players that haven't even committed, but here I am.

I wasn't arguing who would have the better career between Nate Rob or Stewart. I thought it was best starters, as in best starters for that year not how they developed by the time they graduated or in the NBA.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dawgs206 said:

Flagged for Mike Jensen. Fuck that guy.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So the 247 Michigan St guy, who was one of those who CBed him to UW a couple days ago, just switched his CB to Syracuse....
    Domicillo said:

So the 247 Michigan St guy, who was one of those who CBed him to UW a couple days ago, just switched his CB to Syracuse....

Not gonna get my hopes up.

Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up. Not gonna get my hopes up.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The more unclear it is the more he is going to Duke.

That being said we do seem to have a very good shot.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Wait Dom "don't dribble" Green?!?

I thought the same thing.

He means Quade Green. Which calling him better than Conroy is dodging pretty hard at this point.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He means Quade Green. Which calling him better than Conroy is dodging pretty hard at this point.
    He’s more talented than Conroy.

No shit one was a 5 star the other was a walk on.

But one was a fantastic college point guard. The odds of Quade being better than that are not great.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    Swaye's Wigwam

But is he a JYD like Conroy? McDaniels is basically Marvin Williams on a much better high school team. Imagine Marvin Williams on that 05 team? The Marvin Williams, Terrence Jones type was the one type of player that always eluded Romar. Also technically Abdul Gaddy was more talented than Conroy.