Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yes, the season is over and Browning is a fucking unatheltic choke artist as usual but...

BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
We saw some seriously encouraging play from the O-line, WR's, and defense. One more quality recruiting class + Eason + Ahmed and we'll get there.

I for one am shocked by the play of Hilbers and Kirkland. They held their own and gave us more than a chance to win against an elite D-line. If those two guys are the starters at their positions next season we will only need to replace McGary with Roberts, Bain, Curne, or Luciano. Trajectory of the O-line looks really, really good. Huff is the right man for the job.

That was the best team UW is going to face the entire regular season and they should have beaten them by at least two scores.

The biggest reason this sucks is all the great players we'll lose after this season. Gaines, Johnson, Rapp, etc. Those guys deserved this win and will be hard to replace.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We saw some seriously encouraging play from the O-line, WR's, and defense. One more quality recruiting class + Yankoff + Ahmed and we'll get there.

I for one am shocked by the play of Hilbers and Kirkland. They held their own and gave us more than a chance to win against an elite D-line. If those two guys are the starters at their positions next season we will only need to replace McGary with Roberts, Bain, Curne, or Luciano. Trajectory of the O-line looks really, really good. Huff is the right man for the job.

That was the best team UW is going to face the entire regular season and they should have beaten them by at least two scores.

The biggest reason this sucks is all the great players we'll lose after this season. Gaines, Johnson, Rapp, etc. Those guys deserved this win and will be hard to replace.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018

We saw some seriously encouraging play from the O-line, WR's, and defense. One more quality recruiting class + Yankoff + Ahmed and we'll get there.

U couldn’t resist?
  • Options
    Stanford at home. Beating them down like in 2016 would make me feel better about this loss.
  • Options
    @MikeSeaver Jared Hilbers and Jaxon Kirkland both from Oregon btw.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

We saw some seriously encouraging play from the O-line,

Stopped reading your post after this. Are you fucking kidding? Our o-line got destroyed. auburn’s DL owned the line of scrimmage.

Our QB (can’t even say his name anymore) is a bag of shit choke artist in big games.

Add those two together and we need to simply get comfortable going 9-3 and beating crappy teams.

Hurray for us.
  • Options
    @Passion

You're going to need to go back and rewatch the game. Our O-line against their D-line outperformed their O-line against our D-line. Browning had all day to throw at times and had enough time to throw most of the game. The running game was a struggle most of the game but in no way was it as much of struggle as it was against Bama. Gaskin left a lot of meat on the bone dancing in the back field instead of hammering it in there for 3 or 4 yards.

Fucking Jaxson Kirkland single blocked their best D-lineman #5 in pass pro multiple times and won those reps. I don't think he gave up a sack all game. That kid is going to be a monster next season. Jared Hilbers played a very clean game as well. Also very few penalties on the O-line.

Like I said, the O-line easily played well enough for UW to win the game. Some people are only capable of remembering the bad plays after a loss.

Who said anything about 9-3. That was the best team UW is gonna play all season. More like 12-1 or 11-2 and then the bowl game.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I’ve never heard of either of them.

• Options
    edited September 2018

Doubtful. I know you at least remember Kirkland because you were probably laughing your ass off when UW took him as a plan B to Foster Sarrell. Oregon offered him late as well and Taggart was trying to get him. But don't worry you'll get to know them both very well.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Doubtful. I know you at least remember Kirkland because you were probably laughing your ass off when UW took him as a plan B to Foster Sarrell. Oregon offered him late as well and Taggart was trying to get him. But don't worry you'll get to know them both very well.
    Why? Does one of them only have one arm or something?
  • Options

Why? Does one of them only have one arm or something?
    No. They'll be blowing your D-line of the ball as Gaskin and Ahmed gash your defense.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dhdawg said:

It’s simple, if we go undefeated here on out which we can then people will forget about this game.

exactly. this was a massive missed opportunity but it does not define our season. A blowout would have
    I had one eye on your game and you should have scored 31 pts, but... Jake. That MAY be the best team that you play this year but no one could say that at this point in Week 1. You will probably win the PAC 12 but once you get out of it against a real team in a NY6, you’ll be fucked again, because... Jake.
    Yeah. Accurate assessment.

Jake is good against most teams.

Against top end teams he becomes more of a liability. His partial athleticism, questionable decision making and execution become amplified.

Like we saw today.

He can still improve more. I think he's actually improved a little more than what HH gives him credit for ... But when you're competing for nattys thats the threshold you cross.

Still, im excited for 2021/22 or 3. Thats the fucking year. When we have full passthrough of high end recruits who have experience under Pete. Talent and development at every position.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam

@Passion

You're going to need to go back and rewatch the game. Our O-line against their D-line outperformed their O-line against our D-line. Browning had all day to throw at times and had enough time to throw most of the game. The running game was a struggle most of the game but in no way was it as much of struggle as it was against Bama. Gaskin left a lot of meat on the bone dancing in the back field instead of hammering it in there for 3 or 4 yards.

Fucking Jaxson Kirkland single blocked their best D-lineman #5 in pass pro multiple times and won those reps. I don't think he gave up a sack all game. That kid is going to be a monster next season. Jared Hilbers played a very clean game as well. Also very few penalties on the O-line.

Like I said, the O-line easily played well enough for UW to win the game. Some people are only capable of remembering the bad plays after a loss.

Who said anything about 9-3. That was the best team UW is gonna play all season. More like 12-1 or 11-2 and then the bowl game.

When our OL looks like our DL the last two years is when we take a seat at the big boy college football table.

You can't go 5-14 on 3rd down and have so many dead/zero plays b/c one of Auburn's DL has blown up the run or making your qb do a scramble drill because of immediate pressure.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    godawgst said:

@Passion

When our OL looks like our DL the last two years is when we take a seat at the big boy college football table.

You can't go 5-14 on 3rd down and have so many dead/zero plays b/c one of Auburn's DL has blown up the run or making your qb do a scramble drill because of immediate pressure.
    I don't give a fuck you idiot. The O-line played MORE THAN well enough to win the fucking game. How many fucking times did they get to the red zone and either have a TD taken off the board or miss on TD opportunities? Baccellia PI on pick play wiped TD off the board. Ty Jones dropped fade for TD. Browning late throw to open Baccellia in end zone. Browning fumble inside the fucking 10 yard line. UW wins the game is any single one of those opportunities is not fucked up by the skill players. You also had a missed field goal. The O-line got us there. All those big passing plays down the field were because the O-line held up in pass pro. The run plays that were effective were because of the O-line. You can nit pick all you fucking want but the O-line played well enough to win the fucking game.

https://youtu.be/LDEsVlaqq-0

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    When StrongBad becomes your voice of reason doesn't that tell you something?