Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I don't know shit about this dude but I really like this answer

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Oh look at Fishstick weighing in with his usual Nothinburger.

Yeah. It doesn't quite match the intellectuality of "he looks like a douche so I didn't watch", does it?

Fuck off, faggot.
    Nice use of the quote feature as per usual Fishstick.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Looks like a douche. Didn’t click. Don’t care what alleged douche says, it’s disrespectful.

You should watch it. If Democrats can find more like that, we? might be in trouble.
    Yep. Haven't seen any poles but that clip alone is enough to think he can unseat the Zodiak Killer rather easily
    He articulated a view in opposition to the constituent without condemning that person. That seems to be in short supply in the SJW ranks right now.
    The reasonable people disagreeing was a nice thing to say and very smart for a politician. The problem with the (not) anthem protests is the arguments for it being disrespectful sometimes came out like this “THEY are disrespecting MY country”. That’s racism. So yeah really nice but racism is deserving of being condemned.

This is where it gets problematic for me. I haven’t heard a good argument for it being disrespectful. If you hold a position that you can’t make a good argument for and there are people making arguments for your position that are blatantly racist, how is anyone on the other side supposed to tell the difference?

It would nice if the “SJW”s wouldn’t condemn everyone but it would also be nice if the other side stopped coming down on the same side as racists every single time.
    And this is where I will have to break with you on this. Yes, some of the "disrespect" side are coming at this because of race. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

But my dad was a Marine and raised me my entire life to respect the flag/anthem/pledge etc because of all the men and women who gave their lives to protect it and what it stands for. He has of course stopped watching the NFL over this issue and I can 100% guarantee his stance would be the same if the players taking a knee were white people protesting Obama and affirmative action.

There is a (fairly large) segment of the population where you don't fuck with the flag, period. Considering they put their lives on the line to protect the flag and what it represents, and lost plenty of fellow soldiers who were doing the same, I think it's reasonable for them to be heated about this and take it as disrespectful to those who have fallen. And I don't think it necessarily makes them racist to feel that way, even though racists definitely do feel the same way.
    Tl;dr: correlation does not equal causation
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Looks like a douche. Didn’t click. Don’t care what alleged douche says, it’s disrespectful.

It's a fucking song you pussy.
    I’ll take things spoiled wanna be anarchists who have thoroughly disappointed their parents say for $400 Alex.

You sound tuff skeets. No not really. No one has ever made that false distinction.

The “song” is a salute to those that are serving our country currently and for those that served. But more for those that paid the ultimate price for their country.

But liberal POS, like say... You, side with the lazy person using his bosses dime in order to stand for,uh.... something I guess.

The reality is that if these guys truly cared about the cause that they protest for. They would have already been known for it in their community. As they would be using their fame to publically meet with Community leaders to raise awareness for their cause and work together to find solutions to their problem.

But why do that when you just do nothing and shit on the folks that gave them the Freedom to do so.
    Thanks for speaking for all that served even though you didn't.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

You should watch it. If Democrats can find more like that, we? might be in trouble.
    Yep. Haven't seen any poles but that clip alone is enough to think he can unseat the Zodiak Killer rather easily
    He articulated a view in opposition to the constituent without condemning that person. That seems to be in short supply in the SJW ranks right now.
    The reasonable people disagreeing was a nice thing to say and very smart for a politician. The problem with the (not) anthem protests is the arguments for it being disrespectful sometimes came out like this “THEY are disrespecting MY country”. That’s racism. So yeah really nice but racism is deserving of being condemned.

This is where it gets problematic for me. I haven’t heard a good argument for it being disrespectful. If you hold a position that you can’t make a good argument for and there are people making arguments for your position that are blatantly racist, how is anyone on the other side supposed to tell the difference?

It would nice if the “SJW”s wouldn’t condemn everyone but it would also be nice if the other side stopped coming down on the same side as racists every single time.
    And this is where I will have to break with you on this. Yes, some of the "disrespect" side are coming at this because of race. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

But my dad was a Marine and raised me my entire life to respect the flag/anthem/pledge etc because of all the men and women who gave their lives to protect it and what it stands for. He has of course stopped watching the NFL over this issue and I can 100% guarantee his stance would be the same if the players taking a knee were white people protesting Obama and affirmative action.

There is a (fairly large) segment of the population where you don't fuck with the flag, period. Considering they put their lives on the line to protect the flag and what it represents, and lost plenty of fellow soldiers who were doing the same, I think it's reasonable for them to be heated about this and take it as disrespectful to those who have fallen. And I don't think it necessarily makes them racist to feel that way, even though racists definitely do feel the same way.
    I stand with the @dnc (huh?). Growing up, I've seen men sometimes gently remind kids to take off their hats or stand during National Anthem. I've seen hats popped off heads too. Every kid was white. Can't say for certain every adult was though. I knew one Hispanic family in particular who took that shit very seriously.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Yeah. It doesn't quite match the intellectuality of "he looks like a douche so I didn't watch", does it?

Fuck off, faggot.
    The cuog is seriously triggered today. So much anger and vitriol.

Ts&Ps cuog.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018
    I've said it before but I think only Colin Kaepernick is douchey enough to turn this into a thing.

If pretty much anyone else did it I dont think anyone would care. Theres just something about him though.

Then there's also the fact that it's a bullshit insincere attempt to stay relevant so the media doesnt forget about him.

IF you want to kneel down go ahead. Regardless, you're a fag Colin.
  • Options

I've said it before but I think only Colin Kaepernick is douchey enough to turn this into a thing.

If pretty much anyone else did it I dont think anyone would care. Theres just something about him though.

He was pretty clearly a shit QB after the league caught up to him after his first year, and his career as a starting QB was destined to be over anyway. But the protest ensured he was unsignable and turned him into a martyr where not people make these ridiculous arguments for what a good QB he is.

He's good enough to be a backup QB in this league, but nobody wants a backup QB that's a distraction, just axe Tim Tebow.

He signed his own retirement papers but people want to make him into sort of victim.

If I thought he actually meant to sacrifice his career for the cause I'd feel differently but I don't think he had any clue what a big deal this would become.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

I’ll take things spoiled wanna be anarchists who have thoroughly disappointed their parents say for $400 Alex.

You sound tuff skeets. No not really. No one has ever made that false distinction.

The “song” is a salute to those that are serving our country currently and for those that served. But more for those that paid the ultimate price for their country.

But liberal POS, like say... You, side with the lazy person using his bosses dime in order to stand for,uh.... something I guess.

The reality is that if these guys truly cared about the cause that they protest for. They would have already been known for it in their community. As they would be using their fame to publically meet with Community leaders to raise awareness for their cause and work together to find solutions to their problem.

But why do that when you just do nothing and shit on the folks that gave them the Freedom to do so.
    “His bosses dime” cracked me up. Oh those poor billionaire NFL owners and their precious time being inconvenienced by a handful of kneeling players.
  • Options
    dflea said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Thanks for speaking for all that served even though you didn't.
    Fuck you are a dense fucking guppy. Ask around to those that have served, what they think of the Sunday kneelers. You’ll find about 81% of them don’t stand with the kneelers. I didn’t serve, never claimed to have. But of those that I know that did or are currently serving, have no patience for those that disrespect the flag and the song.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

“His bosses dime” cracked me up. Oh those poor billionaire NFL owners and their precious time being inconvenienced by a handful of kneeling players.

Oh look noted Race baiting Commie weighs in.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

It’s honorable to fight for your country and I can’t imagine what it’s like to care about someone that died fighting for that country. Is it really too much to ask for them to educate themselves on the history of the country they love so much? We were literally built by protest. Any kind of progress in this country has often come as a result of protest. The first amendment includes the right to peacefully assemble and it does not come with the caveat of when it’s convenient for everyone. I do not see your dads position as reasonable, it seems to be emotionally based and without real thought put into it.

I have to take issue with this whole flag thing. The flag is just a symbol. It represents the people and opportunities and rights of the country. Choosing to defend the symbol over what it represents is nonsensical. It comes across to me as wrapping a bad argument in the flag.
  • Options

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Fuck off, faggot.

Ts&Ps cuog.
    Oh look. Shitliverdawg is another libtard that can’t respond to the correct poaster. Bravo.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

It’s honorable to fight for your country and I can’t imagine what it’s like to care about someone that died fighting for that country. Is it really too much to ask for them to educate themselves on the history of the country they love so much? We were literally built by protest. Any kind of progress in this country has often come as a result of protest. The first amendment includes the right to peacefully assemble and it does not come with the caveat of when it’s convenient for everyone. I do not see your dads position as reasonable, it seems to be emotionally based and without real thought put into it.

I have to take issue with this whole flag thing. The flag is just a symbol. It represents the people and opportunities and rights of the country. Choosing to defend the symbol over what it represents is nonsensical. It comes across to me as wrapping a bad argument in the flag.
    Since you hate America for its past,please Tell me which country has used more honorable, humane tactics in establishing and protecting its sovereignty and building its power. While you’re at it. Tell me which country has given back more to other nations of the world once its power was established.

I know you won’t respond, because you can’t.

This whole Freshman at Berkeley sxhtick you have now is embarrassing. I’d spin the wheel again if I were you.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Fuck off, faggot.

Ts&Ps cuog.
    Oh look. Shitliverdawg is another libtard that can’t respond to the correct poaster. Bravo.
    I shared my concern to flea about your instability and incoherence. We notice and we CARE.

Time to:
    Step back from the keyboard?
    Take a walk along the willamette river?
    Heck, curse out a Mexican (Job stealer!!11) if it makes you feel better.

Ts&Ps cuog.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

dflea said:

salemcoog said:

Fuck off, faggot.

Ts&Ps cuog.
    I shared my concern to flea about your instability and incoherence. We notice and we CARE.

Time to:
    Step back from the keyboard?
    Take a walk along the willamette river?
    Heck, curse out a Mexican (Job stealer!!11) if it makes you feel better.

Ts&Ps cuog.
    Nobody likes you.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Salem Coog is shredding a lot of cuckflakes in this thread. Grabbing the popcorn.
  • Options
    Threads over.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Since you hate America for its past,please Tell me which country has used more honorable, humane tactics in establishing and protecting its sovereignty and building its power. While you’re at it. Tell me which country has given back more to other nations of the world once its power was established.

This whole Freshman at Berkeley sxhtick you have now is embarrassing. I’d spin the wheel again if I were you.
    How did you get I hate America from that post?
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

My dad is highly educated on the history of the country. It's a very biased right-wing John Birch Society version of history though. Considering he's in his 70's I think it's unlikely he's going to move off of what he already believes has happened.

There's definitely thought put into his stance but I agree there's more emotion than thought.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

How did you get I hate America from that post?
    Yeah no clue on that