Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For Houston and the other deficit Hawks out there

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    Tax receipts have never been higher!!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited August 2018
    Here are the receipts but month. For the record. The change in withholding came in February 18 and April of 18 includes payments for 17 under the prior tax laws.

photo 00CB2E1A-856A-491C-9053-77B2F31FF64B_zps6jqvt2wz.png

I still don't know what this means. Maybe @HoustonHusky can chime in and tell us.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    2001400ex said:
    I can’t but I bet @thechart got a boner.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    2001400ex said:

Here are the receipts but month. For the record. The change in withholding came in February 18 and April of 18 includes payments for 17 under the prior tax laws.

I still don't know what this means. Maybe @HoustonHusky can chime in and tell us.

Not that you will understand, but receipts are up over last year even with the tax cuts ("Dynamic" scoring said they would be down). Main problem with the budget right now is that the economy is booming which is pushing up interest rates...interest rate payments on the debt this year are up and interest rates hikes will make that balloon.

Trumps been fine on the revenue side...he should have fought harder on the last spending bill. And it doesn't help when the previous guy adds $10 trillion to the debt...

2001400ex said:

Not that you will understand, but receipts are up over last year even with the tax cuts ("Dynamic" scoring said they would be down). Main problem with the budget right now is that the economy is booming which is pushing up interest rates...interest rate payments on the debt this year are up and interest rates hikes will make that balloon.

Trumps been fine on the revenue side...he should have fought harder on the last spending bill. And it doesn't help when the previous guy adds $10 trillion to the debt...
    How did I know you wouldn't even look at it. Look at February though July compared to 18. Every month except April is down from the prior year. Why is that?

Do like the look of blaming Obama. Nice work!!!
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

How did I know you wouldn't even look at it. Look at February though July compared to 18. Every month except April is down from the prior year. Why is that?

But...but...but...if you leave this out and then leave that out....and then close one eye and spin around it says something I want it to say. YTD last year $2.73 trillion, YTD this year $2.76 trillion.

Helpful hint...what is the yearly debt payment on $10 trillion dollars at 3% again?

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But...but...but...if you leave this out and then leave that out....and then close one eye and spin around it says something I want it to say. YTD last year $2.73 trillion, YTD this year $2.76 trillion.

Helpful hint...what is the yearly debt payment on $10 trillion dollars at 3% again?
    Answer the question.

And the government doesn't pay 3%.
    edited August 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Answer the question.

God you are a dumbass.

From my previous poast: " YTD last year $2.73 trillion, YTD this year $2.76 trillion."

Helpful hint $2.76 > $2.73. And since the GDP is growing faster than previously expected/forecasted that means future govt revenues will be higher than previously expected as well.

And for those who follow the Fed, the current expectation is that the Fed will have interest rates at 2.1% by the end of this year and 2.9% by the end of next year (which means the govt will be paying over 3% soon). The current effective borrowing rate is something like 2.4% with the Fed Funds Rate at 2%. Maybe we should go back to having a shitty economy so we can drop the interest rates?

Now GFY Moron...

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Answer the question.

God you are a dumbass.

From my previous poast: " YTD last year $2.73 trillion, YTD this year $2.76 trillion."

Helpful hint $2.76 > $2.73. And since the GDP is growing faster than previously expected/forecasted that means future govt revenues will be higher than previously expected as well.

And for those who follow the Fed, the current expectation is that the Fed will have interest rates at 2.1% by the end of this year and 2.9% by the end of next year (which means the govt will be paying over 3% soon). The current effective borrowing rate is something like 2.4% with the Fed Funds Rate at 2%. Maybe we should go back to having a shitty economy so we can drop the interest rates?

Now GFY Moron...
    You still didn't answer the question. Why do all but one month since the tax law was passed have lower revenues than the prior year?

Also, glad you agree the government doesn't pay 3% interest and you were wrong. But what da fuq does interest expense have to do with revenues?

Tax receipts have never been higher!!

Lol at this after @HoustonHusky response.
    Double poasting always makes a point...unfortunately it is that you are a moron.

There is no question...just you waving your hands and saying if...but...and...but...leave off the y, drop the 2 and then divided by 8 and that gives me the answer I want. Federal receipts are up this year over last year...individual income receipts are significantly up over last year (means both individuals and small businesses are doing well). You are just trying to spin a positive into a negative, and failing miserably at it.

And should I be shocked you can't read (i.e. pushing up interest rates means they are in the process of moving up...not a hard concept for anyone but you to comprehend...). We should just set interest rates at 0% and then the govt will never have to pay interest payments. Oh wait...we did that for 8 years...gave us $10 trillion more in debt...

HondoFS...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    How much are the democrats going to raise my taxes if I vote for them?

Thank in advance.

Double poasting always makes a point...unfortunately it is that you are a moron.

There is no question...just you waving your hands and saying if...but...and...but...leave off the y, drop the 2 and then divided by 8 and that gives me the answer I want. Federal receipts are up this year over last year...individual income receipts are significantly up over last year (means both individuals and small businesses are doing well). You are just trying to spin a positive into a negative, and failing miserably at it.

And should I be shocked you can't read (i.e. pushing up interest rates means they are in the process of moving up...not a hard concept for anyone but you to comprehend...). We should just set interest rates at 0% and then the govt will never have to pay interest payments. Oh wait...we did that for 8 years...gave us $10 trillion more in debt...

HondoFS...

Why are you dodging the question?

And you didn't answer my second question.

You are struggling right now.

Thank in advance.

That's a good question. How much is it going cost me and my kids to pay the tab left by the Greatest Generation and The Boomers?
    2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

He answered your question more than once. Stop embarrassing yourself

Thank in advance.

That's a good question. How much is it going cost me and my kids to pay the tab left by the Greatest Generation and The Boomers?
    IDGAF

2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

He answered your question more than once. Stop embarrassing yourself
    No. He didn't.

Thank in advance.

Even if you vote for them. They won't win Congress. That being said. Your district is probably liberal anyway so it's not like your vote will matter.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Race seems upset.

Thank in advance.

IDGAF
    I think the AARP should change to AAIDGAF.