Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chinteresting facts about the UW vs UO Football Rivalry

2»

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

I’m just saying they hate each other a lot, is all

Not really. Having lived both, the Oregon/Washington rivalry is a lot more heated.

UA/ASU are still in that "happy to be here/we don't belong" side of things.

Having coached down there forever too, when a kid gets a UA or ASU offer they are excited. When someone like USC or Oregon offers them it's a HUGE deal. Sorry Doogs, you were irrelevant then, and probably still are to kids in that area.

I think the biggest reason the UA/ASU rivalry isn't very good is because no one is from Arizona. Everyone is a transplant so they like their home team and just follow the local schools because they are there.
    One time azduck and I were hanging out and we went to a Chinese restaurant. I ordered Peking duck to see if they'd kill him for me and I would be able to get off free. True story*
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Its always been a feast or famine type of rivalary since 1975. It was fairly even to that point with the Huskies holding an edge and winning Rose Bowls. Then James dominated. Then Bellotti took the lead and Chip finished the duckade

Now we are BACK and set to dominate the next 20 years

If it got to the point where both teams were dominate it would be one of the best rivalries in China

It is the closest thing soft af west coast football has to an SEC-level hate fest.
    WSU hates UW as much as any rivalry imo. Not reciprocated though.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mad_Son said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Not really. Having lived both, the Oregon/Washington rivalry is a lot more heated.

Having coached down there forever too, when a kid gets a UA or ASU offer they are excited. When someone like USC or Oregon offers them it's a HUGE deal. Sorry Doogs, you were irrelevant then, and probably still are to kids in that area.

I think the biggest reason the UA/ASU rivalry isn't very good is because no one is from Arizona. Everyone is a transplant so they like their home team and just follow the local schools because they are there.
    One time azduck and I were hanging out and we went to a Chinese restaurant. I ordered Peking duck to see if they'd kill him for me and I would be able to get off free. True story*
    Fuck, you offered to butcher me for them
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

AZDuck said:

Its always been a feast or famine type of rivalary since 1975. It was fairly even to that point with the Huskies holding an edge and winning Rose Bowls. Then James dominated. Then Bellotti took the lead and Chip finished the duckade

If it got to the point where both teams were dominate it would be one of the best rivalries in China

It is the closest thing soft af west coast football has to an SEC-level hate fest.
    the Arizona schools indulge in some quality in-state hate
    ASU wins rather easily. Gorgeous campus and college district of Phoenix. Highlight of my trip to the Fiesta bowl last year.
    Gorgeous campus? ASU?

To each his own I guess.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Doesn't matter, because NOGAF about the Arizona schools. Neither one of them has ever won anything. At least Oregon turned in a nice decade and won some shit, UW historically has won some shit. Arizona is where football dreams go to die.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Doesn't matter, because NOGAF about the Arizona schools. Neither one of them has ever won anything. At least Oregon turned in a nice decade and won some shit, UW historically has won some shit. Arizona is where football dreams go to die.
    ASU did win a Rose Bowl in the 80s and came a c hair away from a Natty with Pumpy legend Coach Synder in '96.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Mad_Son said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Fuck, you offered to butcher me for them
    You're lucky they didn't trust me in their kitchen or with their knives