Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chinteresting facts about the UW vs UO Football Rivalry

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,884
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Since college football was invented in 1994, UW is 2-17 vs UO during seasons with shitty head coaches.

During seasons with our? having decent to great head coaches, we are 5-3.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

You are both correct. College football was invented in 1994, but didn't actually start until 1998.

Took me a sec, but assume 1998 is the OBK definition of when CFB started even though it was still dependent upon voters just as it is in the present day.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sources said:

You are both correct. College football was invented in 1994, but didn't actually start until 1998.

Took me a sec, but assume 1998 is the OBK definition of when CFB started even though it was still dependent upon voters just as it is in the present day.
    OBK never claimed to be an academist out here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Sources said:

OBK never claimed to be an academist out here.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Its always been a feast or famine type of rivalary since 1975. It was fairly even to that point with the Huskies holding an edge and winning Rose Bowls. Then James dominated. Then Bellotti took the lead and Chip finished the duckade

Now we are BACK and set to dominate the next 20 years

If it got to the point where both teams were dominate it would be one of the best rivalries in China

It is the closest thing soft af west coast football has to an SEC-level hate fest.
    the Arizona schools indulge in some quality in-state hate
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    AZDuck said:

Its always been a feast or famine type of rivalary since 1975. It was fairly even to that point with the Huskies holding an edge and winning Rose Bowls. Then James dominated. Then Bellotti took the lead and Chip finished the duckade

If it got to the point where both teams were dominate it would be one of the best rivalries in China

It is the closest thing soft af west coast football has to an SEC-level hate fest.
    I don't think it compares.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Was at the ASU-UA gaime last year, a slight distain among the programs but nobody really follows the teams outside of the season

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

ASU wins rather easily. Gorgeous campus and college district of Phoenix. Highlight of my trip to the Fiesta bowl last year.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I’m just saying they hate each other a lot, is all
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Not really. Having lived both, the Oregon/Washington rivalry is a lot more heated.

UA/ASU are still in that "happy to be here/we don't belong" side of things.

Having coached down there forever too, when a kid gets a UA or ASU offer they are excited. When someone like USC or Oregon offers them it's a HUGE deal. Sorry Doogs, you were irrelevant then, and probably still are to kids in that area.

I think the biggest reason the UA/ASU rivalry isn't very good is because no one is from Arizona. Everyone is a transplant so they like their home team and just follow the local schools because they are there.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,564
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Not really. Having lived both, the Oregon/Washington rivalry is a lot more heated.

Having coached down there forever too, when a kid gets a UA or ASU offer they are excited. When someone like USC or Oregon offers them it's a HUGE deal. Sorry Doogs, you were irrelevant then, and probably still are to kids in that area.

I think the biggest reason the UA/ASU rivalry isn't very good is because no one is from Arizona. Everyone is a transplant so they like their home team and just follow the local schools because they are there.
    Times, they are a changin'. You should keep up.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Wow, two kids. Let me call the press.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Wow, two kids. Let me call the press.
    Also, Dominic Hampton.

UW has signed 4 kids from Arizona in the last three classes after basically never signing anyone from AZ before that.

It's not huge but it's a significant expansion of recruiting territory for us if it keeps up, as it appears it will.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    AZDuck said:

Whoosh?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255