Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kaho's dad still pushing him to BAMA

Comments

• Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Bread said:

Bread said:

Dawgman update.

"People dont understand what's going on. It is a family issue. But it's the kind of issue where he wants to get away from that. He wants to get to a place where he can get away from it and grow on his own. The irony here is that washington is just to close to his family. We hearing he needs to get farther away, dont be surprised when he ends up at bama."

Which is funny because my parents lived in West Seattle and my freshman year i didn't see them from early September until thanksgiving. The campus is so big and all your friends are there, you more or less feel like you're in your own area you forget you're in the middle of a big city. Especially when you lift at 6am, go to class, grab lunch, hit your last class, walk down to heced by 2 or 3, bullshit with teammates, get taped up, position meetings, installs, then practice till about 630. Training tables. Tudor sessions. By then it's8 or 9pm and you're beat.you walk back to the, dorm, put on a movie and pass out. 5am alarm comes before you know it.

Whether he's at uw, Bama, or Alaska fairbanks, he's not going to have much time to dwell on petty family shite. And from Reno, a flight to Seattle is maybe 2.5 hours, where flight to bumfuckaloosa is probably 4. Either way you're spending 3-4 yrs pre flight packing, checking in, driving, parking, letting tsa fondle your junk, and arriving early that at that point an extra 90 minutes flight time is negligible. It doesn't matter if he works as a ski instructor in tahoe, living in their isolated ski town with your closest colleagues where they put you up youre an hour's drive from Reno...mentally, you may as well be wotlds apart. This closer to home/ further from home argument is complete bullshit....unless, of course IF, he really does feels called to be with his family,, UNR should be the the ONLY logical destination.

Except I fear there's not much logic being peddled around that there household
    First off, their public transportation there is amazing. You don't even need a car. I took the train right from the airport and took it right back to the airport today.
    Wait...what’s the second thing?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bread said:

Dawgman update.

"People dont understand what's going on. It is a family issue. But it's the kind of issue where he wants to get away from that. He wants to get to a place where he can get away from it and grow on his own. The irony here is that washington is just to close to his family. We hearing he needs to get farther away, dont be surprised when he ends up at bama."

Which is funny because my parents lived in West Seattle and my freshman year i didn't see them from early September until thanksgiving. The campus is so big and all your friends are there, you more or less feel like you're in your own area you forget you're in the middle of a big city. Especially when you lift at 6am, go to class, grab lunch, hit your last class, walk down to heced by 2 or 3, bullshit with teammates, get taped up, position meetings, installs, then practice till about 630. Training tables. Tudor sessions. By then it's8 or 9pm and you're beat.you walk back to the, dorm, put on a movie and pass out. 5am alarm comes before you know it.

Whether he's at uw, Bama, or Alaska fairbanks, he's not going to have much time to dwell on petty family shite. And from Reno, a flight to Seattle is maybe 2.5 hours, where flight to bumfuckaloosa is probably 4. Either way you're spending 3-4 yrs pre flight packing, checking in, driving, parking, letting tsa fondle your junk, and arriving early that at that point an extra 90 minutes flight time is negligible. It doesn't matter if he works as a ski instructor in tahoe, living in their isolated ski town with your closest colleagues where they put you up youre an hour's drive from Reno...mentally, you may as well be wotlds apart. This closer to home/ further from home argument is complete bullshit....unless, of course IF, he really does feels called to be with his family,, UNR should be the the ONLY logical destination.

Wait did you play football at UW? Also West Seattle to U District might as well be Alaska to Seattle so that checks out.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Dawgman update.

Wait did you play football at UW?
    He did.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Release granted.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Kaho will never start at a p5 team.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Hopate's twitter info

"a Man of GOD, a son, a brother, , a father...a WWDB... a mentoree , a mentor, and a fill in Coach when need be.."
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Got give Tosh his due he got saban the kid he wanted.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dawgs206 said:

Gwad said:

Holy Shit like six USC coaches recently followed him. The waited until he was granted his release..... what discipline.

Fucking idiots. Tosh already delivered the coffee cup
    Its not over until he graduates!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

This thread title is now officially either the greatest or worst contribution I’ve ever made to this shithole.

Does this now have more page views that MikeSeaver's infamous thread?
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Sources close to the situation from our sister site 247 are saying that this is between Oregon, USC, and Bama. Also that distance is NOT a factor.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Sources close to the situation from our sister site 247 are saying that this is between Oregon, USC, and Bama. Also that distance is NOT a factor.

If the new transfer rules comes through, fuck they can prostitute the kid again next year. Lalalalala ka ching!!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

Piecing things together from several sources has Kaho and those close to him looking to exit without restrictions. Kaho himself, apparently now, is making claims of broken promises. Deceit, etc.

The family assures UW they will publically laud the school as long as their boy is released.

While true, the Kaho family has been through two trying months, Kaho’s purported despondency, lost weight, and disappearing smile are “all a smoke screen” I’m told.

The Duckies are trying to pry him away. In the end they’ll fall short. Not for trying but Eugene’s west coast location doesn’t offer the refuge Kaho and his family on his behalf are seeking. Also, Pete might be an OKG but he’s not TKG.

Kaho, sources close to the family tell Baseman, needs time (a few days at least) to get his head together. When he does, in his best interest he’ll want some distance and leave the bad memories—the turmoil (throat clearing) —behind.

New Attitude. New perspective. Where will he land?

Iona, is one consideration. Although the Kahos haven’t given much thought, given the pall hanging over this unfortunate set of circumstances, Tuscaloosa is another consideration.

Tosh Lupoi, seen by many young men, as a mentor might be the cure for what ales young Ale.

Tosh really cares about the players. His handwritten letters, filling mailboxes around the country. His personal touch. The great bonds he makes with each and every player entrusted to him. Even when Kaho chose UW, Tosh, graciously, told him he and his family had a home In Tuscaloosa if things changed.

With a nurturing alumni and support system second to none, Alabama seems to check all the boxes.

Small southern town, full of kind well mannered folks. Exactly the kind of crowd you’d want your son to play in front of. More importantly, the perfect place for a young man desperately seeking stability and an escape from the bad memories out west.

Although dad doesnt like to fly, son comes first. Whatever the boy needs, im hearing.