Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's a blackeye for Buckeyes, IMO

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

By today a casual observer would think that it was Urban who smacked his wife

The shit heel who did it is forgotten

As much as I'd like to see Ohio State lose this guy before they can rack up another couple of titles, I think the guy is arguably the best corch in the country (yes, including Saban) and I agree with the idea that you can't hang a coach over every bad thing people do in the organization on their own time.

Rule violations and bad behavior w/in the organization, especially when it's recurring, is another matter. But this is a little much for me. Sure, if I'd known a guy on my staff were beating his wife, whether or not she's batshit, he'd have to commit to not doing it again and get counseling or LEAVE. But we don't know what Urbs may or may not have said, what he may or may not have known and, more importantly, believed.

It's a fine line putting your nose where it doesn't belong and doing the right thing. It's not always clear what to do in the moment.

Challenge, however, in a circumstance like this with Urbs is he has a bit of past.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

As much as I'd like to see Ohio State lose this guy before they can rack up another couple of titles, I think the guy is arguably the best corch in the country (yes, including Saban) and I agree with the idea that you can't hang a coach over every bad thing people do in the organization on their own time.

Rule violations and bad behavior w/in the organization, especially when it's recurring, is another matter. But this is a little much for me. Sure, if I'd known a guy on my staff were beating his wife, whether or not she's batshit, he'd have to commit to not doing it again and get counseling or LEAVE. But we don't know what Urbs may or may not have said, what he may or may not have known and, more importantly, believed.

It's a fine line putting your nose where it doesn't belong and doing the right thing. It's not always clear what to do in the moment.

You know, except for when it's explicitly in your contract.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2018
    Sources said:

If the Bucks do can him, they’ll be subject to suit. @creepycoug, what think you? That the clause would hold up in court??!
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    more than just the title ix stuff and other contract red tape you have the #metoo movement sweeping through college campuses like yersinia pestis. there will be tons of political pressure to set an example and shitcan him
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Sources said:

If the Bucks do can him, they’ll be subject to suit. @creepycoug, what think you? That the clause would hold up in court??!
    It's all kind of irrelevant if he's a mandated reporter as a state employee. As a mandated reporter it's pretty black and white if they can show you have any knowledge whatsoever and that ship already sailed.

Don't know Ohio and their specific laws but in Ca he'd already pretty much be fucked.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Urbz is backtracking by sayying he failed to recall the allegations and wasn't prepared to discuss publicly sensitive content.

I think it's a smart move, he's not doubling down on the lie because he and his wife will get roasted and he will for sure get fired.

Now he has like an 81% chance to remain.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Urbz is backtracking by sayying he failed to recall the allegations and wasn't prepared to discuss publicly sensitive content.

I think it's a smart move, he's not doubling down on the lie because he and his wife will get roasted and he will for sure get fired.

How is this in any way a positive?

First he lies and says he knew nothing about the 2015 abuse and then when there is proof- he claims he has always followed reporting procedures- he has proved himself a liar- why should we believe him? Where is the report he made in 2015?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    No. The one question he had to be most ready for (he fired the coach THE PREVIOUS DAY) caught him off guard? No one with a shred of intelligence is buying that. Nor does kicking the blame up the chain absolve him. On the contrary he'll be twice dishonored. A liar and a fool.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

How is this in any way a positive?

First he lies and says he knew nothing about the 2015 abuse and then when there is proof- he claims he has always followed reporting procedures- he has proved himself a liar- why should we believe him? Where is the report he made in 2015?
    He clearly lied to the media and got caught, but he covered his tracks by saying he was caught off guard and he actually took all the correct actions his contract required him too.

It moves the blame up the chain, he's only guilty of saying fuck off to the media.

People plead guilty to crimes they didn't commit under pressure all the time. It's a viable excuse for him to say he panicked and wasn't prepared.

It's all bullshit, but he found his loophole in the court of law.</blockquot

People forget that Urbs didn’t commit any crimes, so it’s going to boil down whether the addendum in his contract holds up in a court of law when he sues for wrongful firing, should it happen.

#coffeewalkbitches
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    salemcoog said:

This shit won’t hold up in court when Urb sues the tOSU for 20 Mill or whatever amount was left on his contract. Just because a clause is in a contract, doesn’t mean it’s enforceable in a court of law.

Jesus.
  • Options
    So a week ago he was willing to lie and attempt to discredit another man. But this time he is totally being truthful and we should believe him.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like you care
  • Options

Sounds like you care

never met any buckeye fans, i suppose? i want them to suffer greatly.
  • Options
    HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    this is nothing to shit he looked the other way on while @ florida

hernandez, chris "ill kill you bitch" rainey etc etc etc etc

hes rick pitino of football, but he's no better than brian kelly

brian kelly's 2012 wins vacated for academic scandal, a kid died at practice on kelly's watch, he's assaulted assistants on the sidelines of games and rumored to be heavy handed privately.

if/when urban gets fired notre dame should bring him in as a program analyst or some ridiculous position under the radar. let him groom ND's next 2nd tier coach. when rebuilding a program, there probably isn't a better coach in the country. it seemed like at utah and florida, he stops giving a shit about sustaining his process, unlike saban.

its rumored that gene smith has dirt on urban and tOSU, and has threatened the program entirely saying if he was fired, "he will bring the whole program down"

either way, he's a winner and i'm pretty sure osu is going to do everything in their power to "railroad" someone else so he can remain.