Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's a blackeye for Buckeyes, IMO

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2018
    Valentines Day Massacre > Tosh Day Massacre

“They had a guy’s quads explode in the weight room on the leg press during what we call the Valentine’s Day Massacre. You basically do everything until failure and the lactic acid had built up in his legs so much that his quads literally exploded, they erupted, and he had to be taken out in an ambulance.“

“The Valentine’s Day Massacre was a tough ass workout… so it’s basically like, we used to have these types of workouts for us, and they had them labeled by certain things. We had like Failure Fridays or the Massacre where we would [do] a workout that’s ridiculous. Like you’ll do a full body workout, but it’d be everything to failure. Benching until you can’t bench no more, pull down until you can’t pull down no more… pretty much, you’re feeling like you gotta throw up because they just running you down the field, up and down the field.”

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I don't really see how Ohio State let's him go. You need to look at history and say you never let an all time great go. Ride it out and win a natty.

2-3 years I would have agree with you. Nowadays with this #metoo movement I think there's a good chance he will be let go if they can't spin it enough and dampen the details.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I thought this thing was about domestic abuse by one of his assistant coaches.

I still don't see why people act all crazy when they find out a rich guy is banging hot chicks. It's surprising when guys who are successful are NOT.

Have you ever been to Mill Creek?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I thought this thing was about domestic abuse by one of his assistant coaches.

I still don't see why people act all crazy when they find out a rich guy is banging hot chicks. It's surprising when guys who are successful are NOT.

Have you ever been to Mill Creek?
    no
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585

Urban was too loyal to the coach because he was Earl Bruce's grandson. Bruce was a mentor to Urbs.

I would love Ohio State to keep him and just let this die down. He fucked up, but I'm not into crucifying people because society tells us to.

Yeah but Ohio State = faggot

So hopefully they can Urban and he get's hired at another big 10 program and kicks their ass on a yearly basis
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Setting all bullshit aside, what's the coach's responsibility?

If the wife / gf doesn't press charges, is it up to the coach to hand out punishment?

There are legal issues at that point I would think.

• Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    mobey said:

If the wife / gf doesn't press charges, is it up to the coach to hand out punishment?

Urb and his wife are considered 'mandatory reporters' (his wife is a nurse) and legally because he works in a school he must report any suspicion or information about abuse etc etc. That's what got Jo Pa back in the day.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    theLSkid said:

mobey said:

Urb and his wife are considered 'mandatory reporters' (his wife is a nurse) and legally because he works in a school he must report any suspicion or information about abuse etc etc. That's what got Jo Pa back in the day.
    There were police reports, yes?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,915
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2018

tOSU is a perfect fan base to explore the wonderful paradox of trying to act like you give a shit about an abused woman and also being willing to set an orphanage on fire to keep your coach

Fuck those guys

everywhere.

There were a few gf beaters on the mid-90s Nebraska teams, the worst of which was Lawrence Phillips, who never could just stop punching and choking his lady friends. No real consequences from Dr. Tom.

And then there's our? own? Curtis Williams, who was known to throw a right hooks at the ladies. I will be drawn and quartered for this here by some posters who will, with a few tears flowing down their cheeks, say, "hey you don't talk about CW like that!" But there you have it. He was a wife beater.

And a pretty bright coach, who liked to play his guitar around a camp fire and place a few bets, loved him. "We love you buddy!"

It is, indeed, a paradox.

As for me, I have no sympathies for anyone who beats on someone who really can't fight back. Be a man and fight someone who can hurt you.

Whether people who knew and did nothing should be fired is a tuff one. Pedo State's entire history was effectively wiped out on that very basis. It's the difference between one bad dude and the entire organization going down.

Guarantee you that Meyer and his wife were not the only people in the Buckeye machine who knew about it.
    hey you don't talk about CW like that!"

Pretty sure women are tougher than men these days
    Mine is. She'd kick my ass.
    #MeToo
    Mine would kick Race's ass too. Idk about yella' though. Tall guys with good cardio are a bitch to fight.
    Mrs Snow once punched another player in the head in a D I hoops game when the refs weren't looking and play was further down the court. She could have gotten a big time suspension or worse, but instead she got away with it. So far I have not been a victim of spousal abuse other than I haven't had enough ballz to ask for a Wam subscription. Sad.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Urban was too loyal to the coach because he was Earl Bruce's grandson. Bruce was a mentor to Urbs.

I would love Ohio State to keep him and just let this die down. He fucked up, but I'm not into crucifying people because society tells us to.

I normally wouldn't care but since UW can actually compete for a playoff spot for the foreseeable future, fuck every other good program.
    Exactly this .Thread over. Well said.

That + the fact that Ohio State fans are the biggest faggots in sports.

Let it burn.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,915
    Swaye's Wigwam

I normally wouldn't care but since UW can actually compete for a playoff spot for the foreseeable future, fuck every other good program.
    Exactly this .Thread over. Well said.

That + the fact that Ohio State fans are the biggest faggots in sports.

Let it burn.
    I can remember sitting in their version of the Duchess in 2003 after we got whooped on the way to 6-6. And got in a YUGE drunken argument with some young Buckeye hottie (no pics, sorry) who has adamant in her defense of Maurice Clarrett.
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Lose Tressel, stumble into Meyer. Lose Meyer, stumble into Stoops? Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

mobey said:

This is what I was wondering more so than his contract is that he's a state employee and if they have mandatory reporting. Pretty fucked I would think if this is the case and they knew about it for years.