Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's a blackeye for Buckeyes, IMO

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Mary Jo is a killer. Urban is toast. This won't be a cover-up at the very least.

Knew somebody that worked with her...let's just say he had a pretty low opinion of her and her intellect...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Shit just gets weirder.

UPDATED WITH MICHELLE HERMAN REACTION.....
    BY JEFF SNOOK
    Texas Coach Tom Herman, a former Ohio State assistant coach, tipped sports reporter Brett McMurphy to details of the Zach Smith-Courtney Carano Smith relationship that led to Smith’s firing, Urban Meyer’s paid-administrative leave and the investigation that has currently engulfed the Buckeyes’ program, several sources told me.
    Furthermore, Tom's wife Michelle Herman encouraged Courtney Smith to go public with her claims that her ex-husband had physically abused her, sources say.
    “They wanted Zach Smith fired,” one source said. “They had some dirt on him and wanted him off of Ohio State’s staff.”
    The Hermans even helped pay for Courtney Smith’s legal fees, two of my sources told me.
    Reached via instant message Saturday, Michelle Herman answered, "This is BS -- we had no reason good enough to do that to Shelley or Urban."
    Tom Herman’s motive?
    Herman was furious after five-star receiver Garrett Wilson committed to Ohio State in April over Texas, sources say. Wilson played at Austin (Texas) Lake Travis High, just miles from the Longhorns’ campus.
    Zach Smith was the Buckeyes’ primary recruiter in getting Wilson’s commitment.
    Given that Texas is one of the most pressure-packed and highest-profile jobs in the country, and following a 7-6 season in his first year as Texas coach, Herman needs to secure a recruiting base close to home to turn the Longhorns around.
    And there were no bigger stars in his own city than Wilson.
    Herman was hired by Meyer as the offensive coordinator when he accepted the job in December, 2011, leaving his job in the same position at Iowa State. At the same time, Meyer hired Smith, Earle Bruce’s grandson, as receivers coach.
    The two assistants then became very close, but had a falling out after Herman left the Buckeyes following the 2014 national championship season to take the head coaching job at Houston.
    “They had a bad falling out and now, they just do not like each other at all,” one source said.
    Ironically, they then developed into recruiting competitors, specifically for some of the best football talent in the state of Texas. And when Smith won the last head-to-head battle over Wilson’s future, Herman reacted.
    More importantly, Michelle Herman and Courtney Smith remained close as their husbands coached at schools more than 1,200 miles apart.
    “Best friends, still,” one source said. “They talk almost every day, even though the Hermans have been gone from Columbus for four years.”
    Which led Courtney Smith to trust McMurphy, who spoke often with Herman in July, according to his McMurphy's twitter account. As a sports reporter with extensive experience covering college football, McMurphy has developed a close relationship with the second-year Texas coach, sources say.
    Tipped by Herman to the 2009 incident in which Zach Smith was arrested in Gainesville, McMurphy then obtained court records and discovered Smith’s arrest. He then spent three days in Columbus and Powell, Ohio, where the Smiths live. There, he interviewed Courtney Smith and obtained text messages and cell phone pictures from her as she told of being physically abused by her then husband. The Smiths were married in 2008 when Zach Smith was a graduate assistant under Meyer at the University of Florida, and divorced in 2015.
    Herman denied knowing any details about the Ohio State investigation, or the details that led up to it, as recently as Aug. 2 when asked at a press conference in Austin.
    Told by the university not to comment on anything to do with the investigation, Urban Meyer has remained silent since issuing a statement Aug. 3. However, Shelley Meyer responded to a text message asking for comment Saturday afternoon.
    “I really do appreciate you doing your job with integrity and checking on all the points, unlike some others,” Shelley said, via text. “I just can’t comment and I am very sorry. Thank u.”
    While Tom Herman is busy coaching the Longhorns during summer camp, Meyer is required to stay away from Ohio State. In his absence, assistant Ryan Day was named interim head coach.
    Ohio State has announced the investigation into the issue and Meyer's involvement should be completed by the end of next week.
    The Buckeyes open the season Sept. 1 at home against Oregon State. Texas opens its season at Maryland that same day.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Also, do not fuck with @SpiritHorse
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:
    Given the lack of announcement yesterday, guessing this is FAKE NEWS
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Sources said:

Given the lack of announcement yesterday, guessing this is FAKE NEWS

Most likely Urbs will be only suspended:

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have faith that my Buckeyes are not stupid enough to fire a guy for lying to the media

Heard a guy say Urbs saved his job by ignoring the University and throwing his AD under the bus

Winners win
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Winner win!! Go buckeyes!!!!

Imagine if osu goes to Tosu and beats then?

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I have faith that my Buckeyes are not stupid enough to fire a guy for lying to the media

Heard a guy say Urbs saved his job by ignoring the University and throwing his AD under the bus

Winners win

you hate the princess bride and adopt "your" buckeyes

good christ

i suppose it's better than adopting michigan if we're on the subject of big 10 white trash teams

anyway urban is present on campus which means he's probably not being fired
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:
    Can't wait to tune into Komo 4 at 5 tonight and wait 22 minutes for Bruce King to give us the details in his 90 second sports report.

Yes kids, that's how tough it was growing up when I did