Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The rest of the 2019 class

Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited July 2018 in Duck Refuge
I think we finish with:
4*- Jameson Williams, WR
3*- Giles Jackson, ATH
4*- Jonah T, OL
3*- Soloman S, OL
4*- Drake Jackson, SDE
4*- Trent McDuffie, CB
4*- Ge'mon Eaford, LB
3*- Ralon Goforth, LB
4*- Bralen Trice, WDE
4*- Mathew Pola-Mao, DT

That's 27 kids. 19/20- 4* (I think Giles Jackson finishes as one) and 8/7- 3*.

QB- 1
RB- 2
WR- 5
OL- 3
TE- 1
DT- 2
SDE- 2
WDE- 2
LB- 3
CB- 3
S- 2
ATH- 1

Edit: None of these guys are OKG's and the Doogs wouldn't allow any of them to even walk on.

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

No way we end up with 19-20 four stars. If some of those 4 stars commit, some of the existing class will decommit. You can't sign 5 4 star wide receivers in one class, any recruit that knows maff, knows that's too many pigs in the pen. One or more will go somewhere else where they know they will come in a play day one.

All of those guys have a chance to play on day one at Oregon. The current group or WR's are awful. Every program has a 6-8 man WR rotation these days.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2018
    Mosster47 said:

No way we end up with 19-20 four stars. If some of those 4 stars commit, some of the existing class will decommit. You can't sign 5 4 star wide receivers in one class, any recruit that knows maff, knows that's too many pigs in the pen. One or more will go somewhere else where they know they will come in a play day one.

All of those guys have a chance to play on day one at Oregon. The current group or WR's are awful. Every program has a 6-8 man WR rotation these days.
    It's closer to 6 than 8

And we are talking about one class of 5. You are going to be mixing multiple classes in the 6, so most of these 4 stars know, that out of the 5 that commit, only 3 have a realistic shot at playing time. They know more 4 stars will come up the following years, making their long term role put into question.

You can sign 5 WR's, but you aren't signing 5 four stars. You aren't going to sign 5 4 stars at any position at one time, just not going to happen.

Mosster47 said:

It's closer to 6 than 8

And we are talking about one class of 5. You are going to be mixing multiple classes in the 6, so most of these 4 stars know, that out of the 5 that commit, only 3 have a realistic shot at playing time. They know more 4 stars will come up the following years, making their long term role put into question.

You can sign 5 WR's, but you aren't signing 5 four stars. You aren't going to sign 5 4 stars at any position at one time, just not going to happen.
    It will happen with this group. Normally I would agree with you, outside of offensive lineman because blue bloods do it all the time at that position group. Look at Georgia's O-line class for 2018.

Dillion Mitchell and Redd are the only cats that can remotely play ball on the roster right now. Schooler, Johnson, and the rest aren't good, at all. Redd isn't a good WR, but he is an ok fly sweep guy.

The new redshirt rule changes things also. Mitchell will be a senior their first year. All of these guys can get on the field right away and they for sure will play in four games.

The next year when they are RS freshman/Sophomores there are three open spots and all five of them will be in the rotation. Someone probably ends up transferring, but they will all give it a go.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

I think we finish with:
    4*- Jameson Williams, WR
    3*- Giles Jackson, ATH
    4*- Jonah T, OL
    3*- Soloman S, OL
    4*- Drake Jackson, SDE
    4*- Trent McDuffie, CB
    4*- Ge'mon Eaford, LB
    3*- Ralon Goforth, LB
    4*- Bralen Trice, WDE
    4*- Mathew Pola-Mao, DT

QB- 1
    RB- 2
    WR- 5
    OL- 3
    TE- 1
    DT- 2
    SDE- 2
    WDE- 2
    LB- 3
    CB- 3
    S- 2
    ATH- 1

Edit: None of these guys are OKG's and the Doogs wouldn't allow any of them to even walk on.

I should know better than to even engage buttfuck it: how is Trice a 4*?
    edited July 2018
    Also, maybe I imagined this, but I thought the rules were changed and schools weren't allowed to oversign past 25 anymore? Some of these kids early enrollees who will count against 18?
    dnc said:

Also, maybe I imagined this, but I thought the rules were changed and schools weren't allowed to oversign past 25 anymore? Some of these kids early enrollees who will count against 18?

Ask Nick Saban. He didn't slow down.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

I'm hearing C-Willy decommitted from Oregon because he wouldn't see the field. That's why he committed to UW.
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

I think we finish with:
    4*- Jameson Williams, WR
    3*- Giles Jackson, ATH
    4*- Jonah T, OL
    3*- Soloman S, OL
    4*- Drake Jackson, SDE
    4*- Trent McDuffie, CB
    4*- Ge'mon Eaford, LB
    3*- Ralon Goforth, LB
    4*- Bralen Trice, WDE
    4*- Mathew Pola-Mao, DT

QB- 1
    RB- 2
    WR- 5
    OL- 3
    TE- 1
    DT- 2
    SDE- 2
    WDE- 2
    LB- 3
    CB- 3
    S- 2
    ATH- 1

I should know better than to even engage buttfuck it: how is Trice a 4*?
    ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION @MOSSTER47!!!
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jonah T is usc unless they have no room for him then maybe Oregon.

I can see pola-mao

Doubt trice.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

You didn't hire Nick Saban

You hired some loser assistant

Cristobal is FROM the Saban Tree.

Not even a coordinator under Saban
  • kirkland88kirkland88 Member Posts: 28
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dnc said:

He is however a former head coach, and while on paper his record did not look great, what he did at FIU was nothing short of a miracle for that program.
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

He is however a former head coach, and while on paper his record did not look great, what he did at FIU was nothing short of a miracle for that program.
    It's always speshul when you get to 7-6 and win the little ceasar's pizza bowel. I hear it takes coaching at the highest level in a football state.

dnc said:

It's always speshul when you get to 7-6 and win the little ceasar's pizza bowel. I hear it takes coaching at the highest level in a football state.
    About as special as taking home the trophy to the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Woohoo
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I hear it's nothing short of a miracle for our program. We were just happy to be there.

dnc said:

I hear it's nothing short of a miracle for our program. We were just happy to be there.
    Take the bowl wins when you can get them I guess...