Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The rest of the 2019 class

13»

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

You didn't hire Nick Saban

You hired some loser assistant

Not even a coordinator under Saban
    He is however a former head coach, and while on paper his record did not look great, what he did at FIU was nothing short of a miracle for that program.
    It's always speshul when you get to 7-6 and win the little ceasar's pizza bowel. I hear it takes coaching at the highest level in a football state.
    About as special as taking home the trophy to the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Woohoo
    Cristobal is recruiting really well. Not sure he has much strategery beyond spray-n-pray, but he's landing some dudes. Aside from that, Oregon's got nothing to go on with him other than blind hope. And that's fine, we?ve been there. But y'all are really pressing on his priors trying to find some brilliance.
    The staff he has surrounded himself with is pretty good, thats undeniable by those who are follow college football closely. He can't do it all himself, which I think he understands and has accounted for.
    Wilcox. Tosh. Sirmon. Heyward.
    Yeah but Cristobal didn’t hire this guy

Pellum; Leavitt. Holt; Wilcox. Everyone at each school talking about the differences between coordinators.

Doogs swooned over Wilcox, Tosh, Sirmon, and Hayward. Great staff propping up 7 win coach.

Pellum isn't in the same universe as Leavitt.

In his first season as defensive coordinator, Leavitt's Oregon defense produced significant improvement over the previous year in multiple categories, including total defense (from 115th to 46th), tackles for loss (from 102nd to 22nd), third down defense (from 122nd to 24th), sacks (from 61st to 27th), rushing defense (from 121st to 26th), and interceptions (from 81st to 19th). The Ducks also ranked in the top four in the Pac-12 Conference during the 2017 regular season in rushing defense (2nd), third down defense (2nd), total defense (4th), and fumble recoveries (4th).

HTH.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

He is however a former head coach, and while on paper his record did not look great, what he did at FIU was nothing short of a miracle for that program.
    It's always speshul when you get to 7-6 and win the little ceasar's pizza bowel. I hear it takes coaching at the highest level in a football state.
    Cristobal is recruiting really well. Not sure he has much strategery beyond spray-n-pray, but he's landing some dudes. Aside from that, Oregon's got nothing to go on with him other than blind hope. And that's fine, we?ve been there. But y'all are really pressing on his priors trying to find some brilliance.
    The staff he has surrounded himself with is pretty good, thats undeniable by those who are follow college football closely. He can't do it all himself, which I think he understands and has accounted for.
    Wilcox. Tosh. Sirmon. Heyward.
    Yeah but Cristobal didn’t hire this guy

Pellum; Leavitt. Holt; Wilcox. Everyone at each school talking about the differences between coordinators.

Doogs swooned over Wilcox, Tosh, Sirmon, and Hayward. Great staff propping up 7 win coach.

Pellum isn't in the same universe as Leavitt.

In his first season as defensive coordinator, Leavitt's Oregon defense produced significant improvement over the previous year in multiple categories, including total defense (from 115th to 46th), tackles for loss (from 102nd to 22nd), third down defense (from 122nd to 24th), sacks (from 61st to 27th), rushing defense (from 121st to 26th), and interceptions (from 81st to 19th). The Ducks also ranked in the top four in the Pac-12 Conference during the 2017 regular season in rushing defense (2nd), third down defense (2nd), total defense (4th), and fumble recoveries (4th).

HTH.
    Exactly & Wilcox>Holt.

And Dawgs led by the great pretender, his All-Star assistants, his star filled classes, their coffee cups brimming, hiding the tender, couldn’t make Washington great again.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Oregon isn't Washington. Whatever UW's leaders decided doesn't equal what Oregon does.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

3-9 in year six is impressive, no question, but "nothing short of a miracle" seems a bit hyperbolic.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

3-9 in year six is impressive, no question, but "nothing short of a miracle" seems a bit hyperbolic.
    Apparently they had a ton of injuries that year and a program like that isn't going to have depth.

He took over a winless program and it wasn't like Owen where it was a five win team that was missing Jack Lockner, it was the worst team in D-1A and probably the worst infrastructure at that level as well.

They were voted 6th in the conference in the pre-season of his fourth year and they won it, which would be defined as over achieving. That was the first winning season in program history. Then followed it up with an even better record, had a bad year and got fired.

He might not be good at Oregon, but if Nick Saban can go 34-24 in five years with Sparty I can give a guy with an ugly looking record who is the only bright spot in maybe the worst program ever's history three years, with an option fourth year if things are going well.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Apparently they had a ton of injuries that year and a program like that isn't going to have depth.

He took over a winless program and it wasn't like Owen where it was a five win team that was missing Jack Lockner, it was the worst team in D-1A and probably the worst infrastructure at that level as well.

They were voted 6th in the conference in the pre-season of his fourth year and they won it, which would be defined as over achieving. That was the first winning season in program history. Then followed it up with an even better record, had a bad year and got fired.

He might not be good at Oregon, but if Nick Saban can go 34-24 in five years with Sparty I can give a guy with an ugly looking record who is the only bright spot in maybe the worst program ever's history three years, with an option fourth year if things are going well.
    Uhhh Butch Davis went 8-5 in 2017 in his first year there, not buying the only bright spot in their history bit.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Uhhh Butch Davis went 8-5 in 2017 in his first year there, not buying the only bright spot in their history bit.
    So it's like he had a bunch of RS juniors and seniors that weren't terrible. Chinteresting and just proves my point.

Bad programs go in cycles no matter how amazing the coach is.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    dnc said:
    Perfect. I need someone to send to the glue factory if Taunau'u goes Trooj.
  • Options

dnc said:
    Perfect. I need someone to send to the glue factory if Taunau'u goes Trooj.
    His mom wants him to go to Oregon. I hate that I know this. Fuck you Twitter!
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So it's like he had a bunch of RS juniors and seniors that weren't terrible. Chinteresting and just proves my point.

LOL yes Cristobal gets credit for what the guy two coaches later accomplished.

PLSS POTW
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

PLSS POTW
    Not to mention Mooster always gives Sark credit for Pete’s wins. Consistent.
  • Options
    Sources said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

PLSS POTW
    Not to mention Mooster always gives Sark credit for Pete’s wins. Consistent.
    As the Sark kids leave Pete gets worse. I'm right until I'm not and so far I'm right.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

How many years does Mario get?
    Same deal Slingblade got. There's a laser beam pointed to him at all tims, and the moment things get too bad Phil Knight hits fire.
    my fingers are crossed that Phil has tipped into Al Davis dementia mode and is in the process of burning the program up scrambling for a natty before he dies.