Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The rest of the 2019 class

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

You didn't hire Nick Saban

You hired some loser assistant

Not even a coordinator under Saban
    He is however a former head coach, and while on paper his record did not look great, what he did at FIU was nothing short of a miracle for that program.
    It's always speshul when you get to 7-6 and win the little ceasar's pizza bowel. I hear it takes coaching at the highest level in a football state.
    About as special as taking home the trophy to the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Woohoo
    Cristobal is recruiting really well. Not sure he has much strategery beyond spray-n-pray, but he's landing some dudes. Aside from that, Oregon's got nothing to go on with him other than blind hope. And that's fine, we?ve been there. But y'all are really pressing on his priors trying to find some brilliance.
  • Options
    kirkland88kirkland88 Member Posts: 28
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

dnc said:

He is however a former head coach, and while on paper his record did not look great, what he did at FIU was nothing short of a miracle for that program.
    It's always speshul when you get to 7-6 and win the little ceasar's pizza bowel. I hear it takes coaching at the highest level in a football state.
    Cristobal is recruiting really well. Not sure he has much strategery beyond spray-n-pray, but he's landing some dudes. Aside from that, Oregon's got nothing to go on with him other than blind hope. And that's fine, we?ve been there. But y'all are really pressing on his priors trying to find some brilliance.
    The staff he has surrounded himself with is pretty good, thats undeniable by those who are follow college football closely. He can't do it all himself, which I think he understands and has accounted for.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

The staff he has surrounded himself with is pretty good, thats undeniable by those who are follow college football closely. He can't do it all himself, which I think he understands and has accounted for.
    How many years does Mario get?
  • Options

dnc said:

Given how things have transpired over the last few year I'm saying at least 5. I could see 3 if things went completely wrong.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dnc said:

Wilcox. Tosh. Sirmon. Heyward.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I hear it's nothing short of a miracle for our program. We were just happy to be there.
    Take the bowl wins when you can get them I guess...
    You sure do...you sure do...

• Options

dnc said:

I hear it's nothing short of a miracle for our program. We were just happy to be there.
    Take the bowl wins when you can get them I guess...
    You sure do...you sure do...

You win some you lose some.
  • Options

dnc said:

Heard somewhere, Cristobal wants to stay at Oregon as long as Rich Brooks did and win a Rosebowl.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If Willingham could go .500 at Stanford imagine what he could do at a program like ND or UW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Oregon defending Cristobal's flameout firing as FIU was a silly meme, but some seem serious? I guess every fanbase has homer morons.

He won the conference. For a program with nothing on probation when he took over that's not terrible. Saban was shit at Sparty and crushed it at LSU. Every situation works differently.

I personally like the direction of the program. Mario could suck but I'm not going to say anything negative about him before his first game when he is sitting on the #4 recruiting class and the kids are lifting their ass off for the first time ever. He doesn't have the Sark vibe of Willie.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

Yeah but Cristobal didn’t hire this guy

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

If Willingham could go .500 at Stanford imagine what he could do at a program like ND or UW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Oregon defending Cristobal's flameout firing as FIU was a silly meme, but some seem serious? I guess every fanbase has homer morons.

Those two scenarios don't make for good comparisons.

hth
  • Options
    SyphilisButterSyphilisButter Member Posts: 221
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    if i respond seriously on a scale of 1 to 10 how likely are you to froth at the mouth and vomit post 4-5 times in a row?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

dnc said:

2 if he sucks. Longer if he gets UO to the playoffs in 2019.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

So 2.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

dnc said:

So 2.
    LIPO doog
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

dnc said:

Same deal Slingblade got. There's a laser beam pointed to him at all tims, and the moment things get too bad Phil Knight hits fire.
  • Options

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Yeah but Cristobal didn’t hire this guy

Pellum; Leavitt. Holt; Wilcox. Everyone at each school talking about the differences between coordinators.

Doogs swooned over Wilcox, Tosh, Sirmon, and Hayward. Great staff propping up 7 win coach.