Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The New Democrat Platform?

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2018

Nothing new about that, she's in lockstep with today's democrat party. That's a winning platform in places like Seattle, San Francisco, and apparently New York.

What is somewhat new is how widespread and accepted the intolerance and violence of the unhinged left is within the party. There was a time when democrats largely had a sense of decency and civility, an appreciation for law and order and would keep the far left within their ranks in check by openly condemning the actions of those who engaged in harassment and outright violence. Today, the party is the unhinged far left, they openly encourage those things.

Civility lmfao. People will only be oppressed for so long when they've got the numbers.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BTW what's it like working with DJ anyway?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    dnc said:

dnc said:

2001400ex said:
    Watch the video bruh
    You too? Jesus.

I work with a guy that watches Alex Jones. I’ve never told him where I stand politically because I like hearing what he has to say. He talks about civil war. If they impeach Trump, civil war. Trump doesn’t get reected, civil war. It’s not a a halfway joke. He thinks if Trump doesn’t, or isn’t allowed to, fix the country the only option left is civil war.

I don’t bring this up so I can say both sides do it. I bring it up because I don’t judge him the way you guys are judging left here. The things said in that video are way over the line but I know where it’s coming from, just like I know where the civil war shit is coming from.

It’s not ok, I’m not excusing it but when you push into the extreme that southerndawg is that is when we inch closer to those words actually becoming a reality. It’s frustration right now. There are no attempts being made on Trumps life and there’s no real push for civil war but there aren’t a lot of steps left on the extremes. Just let this breath.
    I think the right is way too hateful and violent and that bothers me a lot worse than what's coming from the left. But there's plenty of hatred (some spiraling into violence) coming from the left too.

If I haven't made it clear I think both sides suck.
    SMOD 2020 as always
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Nothing new about that, she's in lockstep with today's democrat party. That's a winning platform in places like Seattle, San Francisco, and apparently New York.

What is somewhat new is how widespread and accepted the intolerance and violence of the unhinged left is within the party. There was a time when democrats largely had a sense of decency and civility, an appreciation for law and order and would keep the far left within their ranks in check by openly condemning the actions of those who engaged in harassment and outright violence. Today, the party is the unhinged far left, they openly encourage those things.

Civility lmfao. People will only be oppressed for so long when they've got the numbers.

Who's being oppressed? The only people with any real argument to being legit oppressed in the US are illegal immigrants, the incarcerated for minor drug crimes and I suppose you could argue the families of the incarcerated. I don't think there's enough in those camps to spark a revolution unless the incarcerate somehow break out of said incarceration, in which case, sure.

This isn't to say there's aren't other injustices in our country but oppression is a strong word and by and large people in the US aren't being oppressed. If you want to argue for minimum wage labor be my guest. Strong disagree.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    dnc said:

Who's being oppressed? The only people with any real argument to being legit oppressed in the US are illegal immigrants, the incarcerated for minor drug crimes and I suppose you could argue the families of the incarcerated. I don't think there's enough in those camps to spark a revolution unless the incarcerate somehow break out of said incarceration, in which case, sure.

This isn't to say there's aren't other injustices in our country but oppression is a strong word and by and large people in the US aren't being oppressed. If you want to argue for minimum wage labor be my guest. Strong disagree.
    This country is built on systematic racism and as demographics continue to shift those communities will be ready to tear it down regardless of who was actually affected. Oppression is a strong word, but that doesn't mean it can't be achieved by subtle means.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dnc said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oppress

To crush or burden by abuse of power or authority.

99% of the country is being oppressed.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

In my lifetime, or lets the later couple of centuries, the violence was more on the right and more dangerous since they were able to act out on racist violence for a long time in this country.

Do I care what Maxine Waters says or if some gal got asked to leave a diner? No, not with kids in cages on the border

Most Americans are soft, fat and lazy and talk is all you will get

This is what I was going to poast. I swear!

Our? standard of living in the US is too high. Yes, even pour, dumb, stinky, greasy, in-bred southern raysists can order Dominos and watch cable. We? aren't nearly close enough to the edge where there will be a critical mass of people rising up to take arms, and whomever controls the military will squash whatever does happen in five seconds. We? just aren't tuff enuff for full fledged anarchy and home-turf war.

If we were in Port-au-Prince, different story. Much less to lose.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

This country is built on systematic racism and as demographics continue to shift those communities will be ready to tear it down regardless of who was actually affected. Oppression is a strong word, but that doesn't mean it can't be achieved by subtle means.
    The communities tore it down in the 60's and LA again in the 90's and we had sporadic riots this decade

• Options

In my lifetime, or lets the later couple of centuries, the violence was more on the right and more dangerous since they were able to act out on racist violence for a long time in this country.

Do I care what Maxine Waters says or if some gal got asked to leave a diner? No, not with kids in cages on the border

Most Americans are soft, fat and lazy and talk is all you will get

This is what I was going to poast. I swear!

Our? standard of living in the US is too high. Yes, even pour, dumb, stinky, greasy, in-bred southern raysists can order Dominos and watch cable. We? aren't nearly close enough to the edge where there will be a critical mass of people rising up to take arms, and whomever controls the military will squash whatever does happen in five seconds. We? just aren't tuff enuff for full fledged anarchy and home-turf war.

If we were in Port-au-Prince, different story. Much less to lose.
    I'm not saying it will be all out physical war, but it won't be civil.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,340
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's so civil about war anyway?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

It should be. All those things poll really well. Corporate democrats are fighting it though because they’d rather lose than represent the voters.

Or.... Maybe some of them have at least a slice of integrity and won’t run on Faery tails.

Either way, lack of abundance.
    And this is why we can’t be friends. What is this nonsense? You’re talking about Obama and Hillary, you fucking idiot. Yes, nothing screams integrity like elected politicians making every deccision based on who donated how much to them.

If you look at that list of platforms and hate it, that’s fine. But you want to pretend it shows a lack of integrity, if you want to play victim like @Southerndawg , then we can never be on the same team. Millennials and Gen Z are coming and everything on that platform is going to happen whether you like it or not. And when really big shit comes up, things like freedom of speech, people like me aren’t going to fight them. Because I’d rather let them fuck up the constitution then ever be on the same side as someone like you.
    Keep spinning that random political generator and keep chasing unicorns pony boy. You’ll catch one someday.
  • Options

dnc said:

The communities tore it down in the 60's and LA again in the 90's and we had sporadic riots this decade

Yeah but the job still hasnt been done.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    edited June 2018

dnc said:

You want the job done, you need Mexicans getting busy, not the blacks.

Everybody knows that.
  • Options

dnc said:

You want the job done, you need Mexicans getting busy, not the blacks.

Everybody knows that.
    This entire message board is naive and borderline racist. You have people starting threads after we offered a kid with “(dark skinned)” in parenthesis. It’s embarrassing. It’s almost like the majority of posters have never left Seattle/Western Washington which isn’t exactly the cradle of diversity.