Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Standard For UW Football

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

How can USC be 1A but ND not?

Historically for damn sure ND is probably #1. But it's been 30 years (!) since they won a title and you have to go back 41 years to get them another one. The Rust Belt ain't what it used to be. Neither is ND.

Again, I evaluate tiers in "what caliber of coach does it take to win here" and it takes a better coach to win at ND than it does at SC.
    Fucking bullshit.

This is fucking embarrassing.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

What was the last Tier II program to win a national championship without an elite, generational QB?

LSU.
    LSU has to be pretty damn close to tier 1, I know they're in Mandel's "Kings" tier. 3 NC's, 5 unclaimed NC's, a Heisman winner, 25 bowel wins. If they're not tier 1 they're certainly not looking up at anyone in tier 2.
    So, LSU is not in any fucking way, shape, or form a Tier I.

I’m so fucking sick of this shit.

LSU was shitty or middling for fucking 40 years before Saban.

They got a Natty with Saban and then a run-off Natty under Miles and haven’t done anything since. Before that they won the fucking SEC like twice in 30 years.

THEY ARE NOT TIER I.

Are they at the top of a second tier team? Sure.

Fucking morons out here are saying fucking Clemson and LSU are a tier I because that’s what’s happened recently. There is such a fucking moronic recency bias in people it’s stupid.

FROM 1960 TO 2000 LSU won the SEC 4 times.

A team wins its conference FOUR TIMES in FORTY YEARS and you idiots say they are tier one?!?

Alabama won the SEC 15 times in the same span. Jesus fucking Christ.

It’s fucking embrarrasing.

You know what they have? What Clemson has? What Auburn and UGA have? Good brands.

Don’t confuse a good brand with being Tier I.

Until Saban showed up LSU had one Natty.

In 1958. All their unclaimed Natties are prior to 1965 (and they have an irrelevant one in 2011).

If we’d have hired Saban for fucking 4 years we would have a better history than fucking LSU.

Fuck LSU. They are 13th in winning % all time among P5 programs and we are 17th.

Jesus fucking Christ.

UW is top tier 2 program like LSU, but unlike LSU UW pisses away less talent
    Here's mine:

1A (5)

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State,

1B (6 - 11 total in Tier 1)
    Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame

2A (5)

LSU, Clemson, Nebraska, Auburn, Georgia

2B (7)

UW, UCLA, Wisconsin, Tennessee, TAMU, Michigan State, Virginia Tech

From there NOC so I'm just going to list Pac12 and SEC schools

3A

Oregon, Stanford

3B
    Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, TOO HIGH, Arizona State, Arizona, Missouri

WSU, @Babushka, Vandy, Mississippi State, Kentucky
    This is fucking filled with recency bias. Michigan is the #1 winning team of all time. All time. KREIST.

Any list where Michigan and Notre Dame aren’t Tier 1A is a joke.

Wisconsin and Tennessee in the same tier?!? Are you joking?

Clemson is not in any tier above us, EVER.

God, were you born two weeks ago?

Fucking HELL.
    We've played more games than anybody and have more wins 100 years ago, therefore we're tier 1a!

Fuck. Michigan is lucky to be Tier 1. They have a losing record in bowel games. They have fewer bowel wins than all the 1a schools.

Of course there's recency bias. It's based on what caliber of a coach does it take to win at the school now. Situations change. Demographics change. Emphases change. This ain't the same world it was in 1988.

The Four Horseman ain't walking through that door.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Pages and pages and pages of Dad and Dad fighting. It's like I'm a little kid again. I just want everyone to get along for once and take me to fucking Disney World ok?!?!?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2018

DawgFader said:

Does any of this matter with Browning at the helm?

Feel like elite QB talent is a must, to create a scenario that has the Dawgs competing for a National Championship.

THE WHOLE POONT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT WE CAN HAVE DOMINANT TEAMS. WE HAVE HAD THEM. WE CAN AGAIN.

IF YOU MAKE EXCUSES AS TO WHY WE CAN'T: YOU ARE THE FUCKING PROBLEM AND FUCK YOU GO TO DAWGMAN.
    Some us are banned on doogman. And equook. And on most other boreds. HH is the only place we can cum to make excuses as to why UW can't have a dominant team again.
  • Options
    I like how USC is allegedly a top tier program that belongs alongside the likes of Bama but they haven't made the playoffs and haven't done jack shit for a decade and a half now. They are just another PAC 12 team that got lucky with a great coach, like Oregon did. If they're so fucking great and SO FUCKING BETTER than everyone else, why aren't they vying for a spot in the playoffs every year, like Bama and other similar teams? Also, comparing UW to Clemson is ludicrous. Clemson was in the playoffs for 3 straight years, beat Bama for a natty and is light years ahead of UW in coaching, recruiting and in every other department.
  • Options

I like how USC is allegedly a top tier program that belongs alongside the likes of Bama but they haven't made the playoffs and haven't done jack shit for a decade and a half now. They are just another PAC 12 team that got lucky with a great coach, like Oregon did. If they're so fucking great and SO FUCKING BETTER than everyone else, why aren't they vying for a spot in the playoffs every year, like Bama and other similar teams? Also, comparing UW to Clemson is ludicrous. Clemson was in the playoffs for 3 straight years, beat Bama for a natty and is light years ahead of UW in coaching, recruiting and in every other department.

Holy shit
  • Options

DawgFader said:

Feel like elite QB talent is a must, to create a scenario that has the Dawgs competing for a National Championship.

THE WHOLE POONT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT WE CAN HAVE DOMINANT TEAMS. WE HAVE HAD THEM. WE CAN AGAIN.

IF YOU MAKE EXCUSES AS TO WHY WE CAN'T: YOU ARE THE FUCKING PROBLEM AND FUCK YOU GO TO DAWGMAN.
    Some us are banned on doogman. And equook. And on most other boreds. HH is the only place we can cum to make excuses as to why UW can't have a dominant team again.
    I love our open borders policy here at Hardcore Husky and welcome all our gas pumping southern brethren.
    Kim Grinolds separates families!
  • Options
    dnc said:

Holy shit
    That's not all. You knew this was coming; here it is: no one gives a shit about USC's voted titles, or buys the horseshit about their alleged 2003 voted natty, except for USC fans and their UW bitches. You guessed it, the only USC title that matters is the one that they won on the field. The BCS title. It's no coincidence that they happened to have an elite head coach at the helm when they won it. You can argue with me about it all you want, but facts are facts. You can't argue with the evidence. Even the 'great' USC needs an elite head coach to go the distance. There is no substitute.
  • Options

dnc said:

Holy shit
    That's not all. You knew this was coming; here it is: no one gives a shit about USC's voted titles, or buys the horseshit about their alleged 2003 voted natty, except for USC fans and their UW bitches. You guessed it, the only USC title that matters is the one that they won on the field. The BCS title. It's no coincidence that they happened to have an elite head coach at the helm when they won it. You can argue with me about it all you want, but facts are facts. You can't argue with the evidence. Even the 'great' USC needs an elite head coach to go the distance. There is no substitute.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

dnc said:

Holy shit
    They have like 11 national titles in the color tv era. That's pretty elite.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Stumbled upon this and decided to bump it.

First of all, it's a great video clip DDY posted.

Secondly, the thread features standard faggotry from obk & MossterFS.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

What was the last Tier II program to win a national championship without an elite, generational QB?

LSU.
    LSU has to be pretty damn close to tier 1, I know they're in Mandel's "Kings" tier. 3 NC's, 5 unclaimed NC's, a Heisman winner, 25 bowel wins. If they're not tier 1 they're certainly not looking up at anyone in tier 2.
    So, LSU is not in any fucking way, shape, or form a Tier I.

I’m so fucking sick of this shit.

LSU was shitty or middling for fucking 40 years before Saban.

They got a Natty with Saban and then a run-off Natty under Miles and haven’t done anything since. Before that they won the fucking SEC like twice in 30 years.

THEY ARE NOT TIER I.

Are they at the top of a second tier team? Sure.

Fucking morons out here are saying fucking Clemson and LSU are a tier I because that’s what’s happened recently. There is such a fucking moronic recency bias in people it’s stupid.

FROM 1960 TO 2000 LSU won the SEC 4 times.

A team wins its conference FOUR TIMES in FORTY YEARS and you idiots say they are tier one?!?

Alabama won the SEC 15 times in the same span. Jesus fucking Christ.

It’s fucking embrarrasing.

You know what they have? What Clemson has? What Auburn and UGA have? Good brands.

Don’t confuse a good brand with being Tier I.

Until Saban showed up LSU had one Natty.

In 1958. All their unclaimed Natties are prior to 1965 (and they have an irrelevant one in 2011).

If we’d have hired Saban for fucking 4 years we would have a better history than fucking LSU.

Fuck LSU. They are 13th in winning % all time among P5 programs and we are 17th.

Jesus fucking Christ.

UW is top tier 2 program like LSU, but unlike LSU UW pisses away less talent
    Here's mine:

1A (5)

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State,

1B (6 - 11 total in Tier 1)
    Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame

2A (5)

LSU, Clemson, Nebraska, Auburn, Georgia

2B (7)

UW, UCLA, Wisconsin, Tennessee, TAMU, Michigan State, Virginia Tech

From there NOC so I'm just going to list Pac12 and SEC schools

3A

Oregon, Stanford

3B
    Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, TOO HIGH, Arizona State, Arizona, Missouri

WSU, @Babushka, Vandy, Mississippi State, Kentucky
    With the benefit of another year to think about this

Texas too high.

1A (5)

USC, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State

1B (5 - 11 total in Tier 1)
    Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas

ND is at the top of 1B and really the only one in 1B with a good claim to 1A. The rest are lucky to be there.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

DawgFader said:

I love our open borders policy here at Hardcore Husky and welcome all our gas pumping southern brethren.
    Kim Grinolds separates families!
    Please, have another chin