Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Korey Foreman, 2021 OLB, Corona (Centennial), CA (Offered 6/8/18)

Comments

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020

dOgmaster said:

Cristobal is cuban.

I like that the author makes assumptions that Jimmy is having deep discussions with recruits. Yeah, just more uw bullshit about how their coach is super awesome and everyone else is shit and uses racist tactics to get commitments. And bases it on absolutely nothing. Such a line of shit. But keep telling yourselves that. For a program that thinks they are so superior the list of excuses is long and are pretty pathetic.

Greenblood, you should have included where that came from.

My God, how dumb are you?
    Please point out where we disagree.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lakes appears to be all show.

The Jen and Jimmy Show will only air for a few seasons at this pace.
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

"A moral action with an ulterior motive is not a moral action at all. A white coach using BLM to pander to black recruits is fucked up. While Cristobal is pandering to black recruits, Jimmy is having real discussions with his entire team behind closed doors about stuff that’s going on in our country including racism. Some black recruits are intrigued by the possiblity of playing for a black head coach, but I don’t think Jimmy is ever going to use that as a selling point because there are way more important things recruits should consider. Helping Jimmy become the first black head coach to win a national championship would just be icing on the cake.

Korey Foreman strikes me as the type of kid simply wasn’t all that interested in UW to begin with because our uniforms and branding aren’t swaggy enough for him. You can call bullshit on this all you want but there are always going to be a few recruits out there who value that shit and our uniforms and branding still aren’t good enough to attract them. Plus Cristobal’s sleazy ass probably told him UW is racist against black D-lineman and favor Polys. Nevermind our two best D-lineman right now are black and both will be drafted in the top two rounds.

Is Korey Foreman the best of the best out West? No, I don’t think he is. He’s quickly growing into a DT and I think JTT is better than him and an argument can be made for Peihopa as well who has already proven he’s still explosive at 300+ pounds. As edge guys, I like Heims and Jefferson more than him because they’re faster and look longer on film.

But that’s not a IDWHA statement. It would still have been great to get him but we literally don’t have room to take every defensive lineman out West so we’re not gonna get them all. We’re still going to have the best D-line class by far though."

DISAGREE

Funny part about Ballz is he says he's black but I question that everyday. He assumes Cristoball is not authentic to the movement for no other reason than he's white. The movement can't go anywhere without white allies, and I know a bunch of them. Then he follows that up by attributing a racist trope to Foreman that he doesn't like UW because of uniforms and "shiny things". The fact he didn't understand OKG slogan and the underlying connotations it would spur in the black community is when I stopped listening. He's weird.

• Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    Looks like the Ducks will end up landing Foreman

FACT OR FICTION

2. USC is still the team to beat for Korey Foreman.

Korey Foreman
    Korey Foreman (Rivals.com)
    Farrell’s take: FICTION. The nation’s No. 1 prospect released his top seven on Wednesday with USC, Oregon, Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, LSU and Howard University making the cut. Since his decommitment from Clemson, the Trojans have been thought to be the team to beat because of proximity to home. However, Oregon has had some recent momentum here and are a real threat to keep him on the West Coast. You can’t count out the SEC programs either and Howard is obviously a long shot wild card, but this looks like a USC vs. Oregon competition with the rest trailing. And that means USC has lost a bit of its edge.

Gorney’s take: FICTION. I’m not sold USC has the biggest edge in his recruitment anymore, although the Trojans are right in the thick of things with Oregon and others. Georgia is the most interesting one to watch in the SEC - especially if he and fellow five-star and friend Maason Smith still plan to play together - but I’ve been told the Pac-12 programs are in the best shape here.

The Ducks have been incredibly successful recruiting top talent out of Southern California and while USC has a great recruiting class and gets its fair share of talent, my guess right now is that Oregon slightly leads here but the Trojans are definitely right there, too.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    mrdoog said:

Looks like the Ducks will end up landing Foreman

FACT OR FICTION

2. USC is still the team to beat for Korey Foreman.

Korey Foreman
    Korey Foreman (Rivals.com)
    Farrell’s take: FICTION. The nation’s No. 1 prospect released his top seven on Wednesday with USC, Oregon, Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, LSU and Howard University making the cut. Since his decommitment from Clemson, the Trojans have been thought to be the team to beat because of proximity to home. However, Oregon has had some recent momentum here and are a real threat to keep him on the West Coast. You can’t count out the SEC programs either and Howard is obviously a long shot wild card, but this looks like a USC vs. Oregon competition with the rest trailing. And that means USC has lost a bit of its edge.

Gorney’s take: FICTION. I’m not sold USC has the biggest edge in his recruitment anymore, although the Trojans are right in the thick of things with Oregon and others. Georgia is the most interesting one to watch in the SEC - especially if he and fellow five-star and friend Maason Smith still plan to play together - but I’ve been told the Pac-12 programs are in the best shape here.

The Ducks have been incredibly successful recruiting top talent out of Southern California and while USC has a great recruiting class and gets its fair share of talent, my guess right now is that Oregon slightly leads here but the Trojans are definitely right there, too.

I'd put odds something like Oregon 40%, USC 30%, field 30%.

We're talking about a kid who has had multiple different leaders and even committed somewhere.

Oregon might be in the best shape at this point but I wouldn't get excited at least until he commits, and even then I'd be nervous.

Long way to go.
  • Options
    ATLDawg said:

dnc said:

"A moral action with an ulterior motive is not a moral action at all. A white coach using BLM to pander to black recruits is fucked up. While Cristobal is pandering to black recruits, Jimmy is having real discussions with his entire team behind closed doors about stuff that’s going on in our country including racism. Some black recruits are intrigued by the possiblity of playing for a black head coach, but I don’t think Jimmy is ever going to use that as a selling point because there are way more important things recruits should consider. Helping Jimmy become the first black head coach to win a national championship would just be icing on the cake.

Korey Foreman strikes me as the type of kid simply wasn’t all that interested in UW to begin with because our uniforms and branding aren’t swaggy enough for him. You can call bullshit on this all you want but there are always going to be a few recruits out there who value that shit and our uniforms and branding still aren’t good enough to attract them. Plus Cristobal’s sleazy ass probably told him UW is racist against black D-lineman and favor Polys. Nevermind our two best D-lineman right now are black and both will be drafted in the top two rounds.

Is Korey Foreman the best of the best out West? No, I don’t think he is. He’s quickly growing into a DT and I think JTT is better than him and an argument can be made for Peihopa as well who has already proven he’s still explosive at 300+ pounds. As edge guys, I like Heims and Jefferson more than him because they’re faster and look longer on film.

But that’s not a IDWHA statement. It would still have been great to get him but we literally don’t have room to take every defensive lineman out West so we’re not gonna get them all. We’re still going to have the best D-line class by far though."

DISAGREE

Funny part about Ballz is he says he's black but I question that everyday. He assumes Cristoball is not authentic to the movement for no other reason than he's white. The movement can't go anywhere without white allies, and I know a bunch of them. Then he follows that up by attributing a racist trope to Foreman that he doesn't like UW because of uniforms and "shiny things". The fact he didn't understand OKG slogan and the underlying connotations it would spur in the black community is when I stopped listening. He's weird.

He's not black.

• Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    Let’s close this thread. I can’t see this name without PTSD cringe from the Christmas video.

We deserve to close our program with fans like that.
  • Options

Let’s close this thread. I can’t see this name without PTSD cringe from the Christmas video.

We deserve to close our program with fans like that.

BULLY
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s going to Oregon.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2020

He’s going to Oregon.

I’ve got my 10 incher on the Trojans

• Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203

He’s going to Oregon.

We refer to the 10incher as a BBC dong.

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ATLDawg said:

dnc said:

DISAGREE

Are you calling Petersen racist!?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    mrdoog said:

He’s going to Oregon.

I fucked her twice.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,857
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mrdoog said:

He’s going to Oregon.

We?
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Biggins with the 6incher to the dawgs
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Georgia Dawgs?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I know y'all love to hear about Cristalball, but there's a reason these kids and families love him.

I was sitting next to the Oregon coaches and recruits at the last (ever?) men's basketball game. They had a something like 50 kids from 2022, 2023, and a few 2021 kids. David Justice was sitting a few seats away, didn't punch Halle Berry or anyone else. That I saw, at least.

Mario was floating around like a 270 pound hummingbird for almost the whole game. Moms would come up and hug him. One was crying, I'm assuming her kid got a scholarship offer. Dads would seek him out to get a handshake and a slap on the back. He didn't go to half court and make a speech. Just took a few minutes to run down to the press table for a quick TV interview. Then he was back and climbing over seats to have a quick chat with someone. Big energy. Springfield meth levels of energy.

Anyway, I have no idea what Jimmy is doing. A big part of recruiting is likability. People like Mario, he seems like a regular guy - which is a big accomplishment considering all P-5 head coaches are millionaire sociopaths.

I’ve seen Jimmy do all of those same things at basketball games ... what you described isn’t all that unique
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The Georgia Dawgs?

The ones serious about football, so yes, presumably