Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WE NEED TO REALIZE THIS IS AN UPHILL BATTLE!

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I stand with Pete
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    @koopdog has anyone thanked you for your service?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    elord821 said:

whuggy said:

Overthinking the issue. Win games. That's the ultimate brand. The best kids will come because they want to win. Those who don't aren't winners. Pete is well on his way to establishing the "win" brand. It's also by far the easiest sell and the one that most matches his no bullshit recruiting philosophy.

Add this as well:

Sorry. I had to post it for the millionth time on these threads.

dnc said:

The Wisconsin comparison is most relevant right now as far as team culture that Petersen seems to expound, but I think we get a lot more elite athletes than they do.

We? should be pushing the "big city" narrative in recruiting. Coaches should post more likes about random gang violence, less about the fucking mountains and kayaking. Make the fast strategy kids from SoCal feel at home. How many major programs are located in the middle of a burgeoning urban environment? USC/UCLA, tOSU, Texas, Minnesota, and who else?

Georgia Tech and Vandy. Cal should count as Berkeley is right there. Is SLC urban?

Never been to Raleigh-Durham other than the airport but there are 2 million people there. Not sure if it feels like a city.
    If we’re counting tOSU and Tejas then OU probably counts too. OKCsucks but it’s not significantly smaller than Columbus or Austin.
    If we are counting schools that are in suburbs or close to major cities then we need to count Northwestern, Colorado, Rutgers, Maryland, Stanford, ASU...probably others.
    Maryland is like 45 mins to an hour from DC.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Call me a fucker of butts because between your BUCK post and this I just can’t handle the ups and downs of recruiting...

This is a quote from dawgman. HTH
    I haven’t been on dawgmans forums since the days of recruiting the least talented of the Montana’s
    I just expect people to be able to recognize the hallmarks of a Doog-y poast:

1. Lowering expectations
    2. Acting like what is going on right now was inevitable
    3. Acting like what is going on right now is the best we can expect for now
    4. Saying in the future things could get better but no one is to blame if they don't
    Needs to be quoted again.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

If Chris would just put TSIO Consulting, LLP on a retainer, we'd win a NT by year 8.

Funny you mention that ... DFY and I were talking about something in the last 2 weeks about corporate strategy and brand management from a recruiting standpoint and I mentioned to him about how the UW desperately needs people like us behind the scenes
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,949
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

If Chris would just put TSIO Consulting, LLP on a retainer, we'd win a NT by year 8.

Funny you mention that ... DFY and I were talking about something in the last 2 weeks about corporate strategy and brand management from a recruiting standpoint and I mentioned to him about how the UW desperately needs people like us behind the scenes
    *DDY

I was only being 81% sarcastic in that comment. 19% was me being serious. Part of me thinks there's some higher level, intellectual type shit about why human beans from different backgrounds make purchasing decisions that college football programs could really use help with. IT'S OK TO ASK FOR HELP SOMETIMES. Consulting is a multi-billion dollar industry.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Yes ... DDY fucking typos
  • Options
    dnc said:

This thread has made my dick so soft that it has changed states from a solid to a liquid. 3 more pages of this shit and it will be a gas

Only another page and a half to go guys, don't let bnb down!
    Once his dick changes to a gas we can call him Air BNB
    We won't get there if we go on about dick.

dnc said:

The Wisconsin comparison is most relevant right now as far as team culture that Petersen seems to expound, but I think we get a lot more elite athletes than they do.

We? should be pushing the "big city" narrative in recruiting. Coaches should post more likes about random gang violence, less about the fucking mountains and kayaking. Make the fast strategy kids from SoCal feel at home. How many major programs are located in the middle of a burgeoning urban environment? USC/UCLA, tOSU, Texas, Minnesota, and who else?

Georgia Tech and Vandy. Cal should count as Berkeley is right there. Is SLC urban?

Never been to Raleigh-Durham other than the airport but there are 2 million people there. Not sure if it feels like a city.
    If we’re counting tOSU and Tejas then OU probably counts too. OKCsucks but it’s not significantly smaller than Columbus or Austin.
    If we are counting schools that are in suburbs or close to major cities then we need to count Northwestern, Colorado, Rutgers, Maryland, Stanford, ASU...probably others.
    Boulder is 25 miles outside of Denver. That's like saying Everett should count.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

dnc said:

This thread has made my dick so soft that it has changed states from a solid to a liquid. 3 more pages of this shit and it will be a gas

You new here?

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

elord821 said:

dnc said:

You new here?

Knew hear*
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    elord821 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Thats my point. I was responding to dnc bringing up OU which is in Norman not OKC.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

elord821 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Thats my point. I was responding to dnc bringing up OU which is in Norman not OKC.
    Norman is way more OKC than Boulder is Denver though
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I can remember on fagman bagging on all the Oregon brand people.

I haven't changed my mind. Branding is meaningless without winning.

LSU is a good example. Their brand today stems from having some of the most talented bad ass fucking teams in the las 20 years.

Brand means shit without winning. Winning comes first, then whatever your schtick is, even Peterson's boring no brand brand, becomes cool.

Oregon didn't win because of brand. Their brand became relevant because they won.

Rinse and repeat. Winning fixes everything.

Stanford is different and unique. A school egg heads turn down Harvard and Yale to attend that also offers elite D1 sports. The are in a class of one. Nobody in the PAC can match that. Nobody in the country can.

So your point is that winning and branding matter? Great. This is revolutionary.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

elord821 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Norman is way more OKC than Boulder is Denver though
    I will take your word for it having proudly never stepped foot in Oklahoma. Google maps says 20 miles from OKC so seems equivalent.

Norman is certainly less metropolitan than the other places I listed- Evanston, Palo Alto, Tempe, New Brunswick.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I can remember on fagman bagging on all the Oregon brand people.

I haven't changed my mind. Branding is meaningless without winning.

LSU is a good example. Their brand today stems from having some of the most talented bad ass fucking teams in the las 20 years.

Brand means shit without winning. Winning comes first, then whatever your schtick is, even Peterson's boring no brand brand, becomes cool.

Oregon didn't win because of brand. Their brand became relevant because they won.

Rinse and repeat. Winning fixes everything.

Stanford is different and unique. A school egg heads turn down Harvard and Yale to attend that also offers elite D1 sports. The are in a class of one. Nobody in the PAC can match that. Nobody in the country can.

When Creep is right, he's right.
    he is the creepiest coug in the world