Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Popular tax plan

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I don't know a single person who doesn't like the tax cuts. Poor people. Wealthy people. Black people. White devils. Every single person I have ever spoken with about them likes them. Where are all these people who hate their own money?

I think they are overrated, but then again I tend to be BRB, JO about the prospect of a balanced budget (never will happen but I can still fantasize). Tax cuts = Fast Strategy. Fiscal sanity = Slow Strategy.
    Tax cuts(within reason and ceteris paribus) = growth

Growth = debt as a smaller portion of revenue/GDP

Also, when the world stops letting the US service their debt at negative interest rates THEN we should balance the budget. Who would turn down a loan at a -1.5% rate...
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Swaye said:

I don't know a single person who doesn't like the tax cuts. Poor people. Wealthy people. Black people. White devils. Every single person I have ever spoken with about them likes them. Where are all these people who hate their own money?

I think they are overrated, but then again I tend to be BRB, JO about the prospect of a balanced budget (never will happen but I can still fantasize). Tax cuts = Fast Strategy. Fiscal sanity = Slow Strategy.

Also, when the world stops letting the US service their debt at negative interest rates THEN we should balance the budget. Who would turn down a loan at a -1.5% rate...
    Not when the deficit is much larger than the growth rate. As it is right now.

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

If Obama couldn't get it fixed, no one can
    How is Trump doing on the deficit? I'm not sure that's an argument you want to make.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    Swaye said:

Short term, sure. Long term, this will drive up interest rates (because it will increase federal borrowing), which will hurt home buyers, and home sellers hoping to retire on the sale of their homes in the next few years as prices decline.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

How is Trump doing on the deficit? I'm not sure that's an argument you want to make.
    If future Rushmore chinductee Obama only made the deficit worse, despite his best heroic, learned and professorial efforts, how can we expect the biggest buffoon ever in the office to do any better? Game over man. #WeAreASubSaharanCountry

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

If future Rushmore chinductee Obama only made the deficit worse, despite his best heroic, learned and professorial efforts, how can we expect the biggest buffoon ever in the office to do any better? Game over man. #WeAreASubSaharanCountry
    While Obama was shitty on the deficit. The deficit basically went down every year of his presidency.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

While Obama was shitty on the deficit. The deficit basically went down every year of his presidency.
    Again, if Obama couldn't, no one can. Well, of course Hillary or Warren, but this country is far too sexist to elect them, despite all the good those women would do for the deficit.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited June 2018
    Baphomet said:

Swaye said:

Short term, sure. Long term, this will drive up interest rates (because it will increase federal borrowing), which will hurt home buyers, and home sellers hoping to retire on the sale of their homes in the next few years as prices decline.
    You realize interest rates are still extremely low historically?

However, rising interests rates do suck because it drives more Californian’s up here. Get off my state!!!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,082 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Yeah it went down so much the deficit only doubled under his leadership. Spent more than all previous presidents combined. Math much?
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Yeah it went down so much the deficit only doubled under his leadership. Spent more than all previous presidents combined. Math much?
    The deficit did not double. You'd think after years here you'd realize the difference between deficit and debt.

Dumbfuck.

And yes math is lost on you. Spent more than all previous Presidents combined. Da fuq.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Again, if Obama couldn't, no one can. Well, of course Hillary or Warren, but this country is far too sexist to elect them, despite all the good those women would do for the deficit.
    Wwoooooossshhhhh
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Please to be providing us? with an example of tax cuts in the past 50 years that achieved enuff growth to shrink national debt as a percentage of GDP.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Fuck taxes. Cut spending

It's my money not the government's

Fuck taxes. Cut spending

Yes politicians on both sides of the aisle have been proactive at cutting spending.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    That's not the point dick brain

That's not the point dick brain

What's the point then shit breath? Do you want to vote in politicians who will cut spending? Good luck with that.
    Here's doogbot in this thread:

Polls on the economy matter, not polls on the tax bill. Because the 2 are related.

Then he responds that there are too many factors to point solely at tax cuts and correlation to growth.

Then he doubles down and says that tax cuts create enough growth to reduce debt as a percent of GDP.

Nice work!!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club

Fuck taxes. Cut spending

Fuck yeah, now we're talking. Let's get in the bath tub and drown those mother fuckers.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,082 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

The deficit did not double. You'd think after years here you'd realize the difference between deficit and debt.

Dumbfuck.

And yes math is lost on you. Spent more than all previous Presidents combined. Da fuq.
    Suck it

Debt Added Since Obama Took Office
    The largest number comes from calculating how much the debt increased during Obama's two terms. On January 20, 2009, when he was sworn in, the debt was $10.626 trillion. On January 20, 2017, when he left, it was $19.947 trillion. That's why most people say Obama added $9 trillion to the debt, more than any other president.