Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Swaye said:

I don't know a single person who doesn't like the tax cuts. Poor people. Wealthy people. Black people. White devils. Every single person I have ever spoken with about them likes them. Where are all these people who hate their own money?

Polls don't lie.

When you agree with them.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I don't know a single person who doesn't like the tax cuts. Poor people. Wealthy people. Black people. White devils. Every single person I have ever spoken with about them likes them. Where are all these people who hate their own money?

I think they are overrated, but then again I tend to be BRB, JO about the prospect of a balanced budget (never will happen but I can still fantasize). Tax cuts = Fast Strategy. Fiscal sanity = Slow Strategy.

Rachel Maddow lulz.

The twenty point swing of people "very satisfied" with the economy from last year is a more telling trend than the one question buried in a pile of other policy questions. Cherry pickin' bitch.

Also see the 17 point decrease in "very dissatisfied" with the economy since the Donald took over.

People want Congress to be a check on the President. I don't see a lot of disapproval of the tax plan in that survey other than for that fact.

Link to the actual Poll and not some stupid apparatchik's hot take.

What does polls on the economy have to do with polls on the tax cut bill?

You are a bigger shill than sledog.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Rachel Maddow lulz.

The twenty point swing of people "very satisfied" with the economy from last year is a more telling trend than the one question buried in a pile of other policy questions. Cherry pickin' bitch.

Also see the 17 point decrease in "very dissatisfied" with the economy since the Donald took over.

People want Congress to be a check on the President. I don't see a lot of disapproval of the tax plan in that survey other than for that fact.

I don't expect someone from the left to understand that taxes and the economy are related.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    People that hate Donald Trump hate the tax plan. Same as always...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctz_dHfYfb8

2001400ex said:

Rachel Maddow lulz.

I don't expect someone from the left to understand that taxes and the economy are related.
    I don't expect someone from the right to see that in 08 we cut taxes and still had a recession. Or in 01 we cut taxes and had a recession. Or in 11 and 14 raised taxes and didn't have a recession.

Facts and history are lost on you.

Come watch Hondo struggle in every thread

Nice concession.

Come watch Hondo struggle in every thread

I've gone through two threads in the last couple minutes and hondo got shredded in both
    Troomps hate facts.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Rachel Maddow lulz.

I don't expect someone from the right to see that in 08 we cut taxes and still had a recession. Or in 01 we cut taxes and had a recession. Or in 11 and 14 raised taxes and didn't have a recession.

You really don't get it do you? It's fascinating interacting with someone who wouldn't be able to pass a Turing test.

The economy is a dynamic concept that has MULTIPLE VARIABLES interacting all at once. While cutting taxes has a positive impact on growth, there are other factors which also may impact growth, like government oversight and red tape for example. Examples such as "der that one time we cut taxes and the economy stayed the same" or "der we raised taxes and the economy stayed the same" is what we would call anecdotal evidence. Those are more importantly not even facts. Those are unsubstantiated opinions of what you thought the economy was like. What was the fucking GDP measure at that time? The employment rate? What would they have been had those variables not been changed? Do you even have enough of a seventh grade education to understand an equation with multiple variables?

This is all really a joke on me isn't it? @RaceBannon or @Swaye someone please fill me in on the fact that Hondo is actually just a troll alt you guys use to fuck with people in the Tug.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151
    People who think correlation and causation are the same thing are special.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Rachel Maddow lulz.

You really don't get it do you? It's fascinating interacting with someone who wouldn't be able to pass a Turing test.

The economy is a dynamic concept that has MULTIPLE VARIABLES interacting all at once. While cutting taxes has a positive impact on growth, there are other factors which also may impact growth, like government oversight and red tape for example. Examples such as "der that one time we cut taxes and the economy stayed the same" or "der we raised taxes and the economy stayed the same" is what we would call anecdotal evidence. Those are more importantly not even facts. Those are unsubstantiated opinions of what you thought the economy was like. What was the fucking GDP measure at that time? The employment rate? What would they have been had those variables not been changed? Do you even have enough of a seventh grade education to understand an equation with multiple variables?

This is all really a joke on me isn't it? @RaceBannon or @Swaye someone please fill me in on the fact that Hondo is actually just a troll alt you guys use to fuck with people in the Tug.
    I do chuckle how one post you say that taxes are directly correlated with the economy. Then spend the rest of the day arguing how is not. Nice work sugar bear.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Rachel Maddow lulz.

I do chuckle how one post you say that taxes are directly correlated with the economy. Then spend the rest of the day arguing how is not. Nice work sugar bear.
    OK!

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Rachel Maddow lulz.

OK!
    Nice concession speech.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,911 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I think they are overrated, but then again I tend to be BRB, JO about the prospect of a balanced budget (never will happen but I can still fantasize). Tax cuts = Fast Strategy. Fiscal sanity = Slow Strategy.
    Why not both?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,082 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2018
    Swaye said:

You don't hang with the comrades over at the Che Guevara school of communism and heavy machinery!