Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Is McDaniels a better high school player than Michael Porter?

He’s better defensively.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

I’d BACK McDaniels in this one
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The key with McDaniels is his fucking length. Length is so, so, so huge when it comes to basketball players on defense. If you're long on defense you can really be a fucking stud. Look at fucking Kawhi.
  • Options

The key with McDaniels is his fucking length. Length is so, so, so huge when it comes to basketball players on defense. If you're long on defense you can really be a fucking stud. Look at fucking Kawhi.

Especially in the 2-3
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dhdawg said:

I know we make joke player comps on this board but in all seriousness he looks like a KD clone.

We already had that - Jernard Jerreau
    He was coached by Romar though..
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He’s better defensively.
    James Harden was a better high school defender than MPJ.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, McDaniels said Wiseman is the best player in the Class of 2019.

"He's 7-foot, he can do everything," he said. "He can shoot the ball well, dribble, he's just a versatile player."

McDaniels scouting >>> BTP scouting
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

While our zone varies a little depending on the other team. We primarily play a 4-1. Which can suck against good passing teams because Dickerson and Timmins are slow so they give up the back door too often. If we get McDaniels too, I'd think we'd play some 3-2. But regardless, we are no where near a 2-3.

I wish we'd switch to some 1-3-1 concepts at times. And take advantage of the trap in the corner. We seem more interested in stopping the corner shot than trying to get that double team. Would be effective to switch into that for a few plays at a time.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

For what it's worth, McDaniels said Wiseman is the best player in the Class of 2019.

"He's 7-foot, he can do everything," he said. "He can shoot the ball well, dribble, he's just a versatile player."

McDaniels scouting >>> BTP scouting
    It’s called being humble.

McDaniels is a 6”11 guard.

Wiseman is a 6”11 big that shoot and handle it a bit.

Wiseman’s just physically more mature right now. McDaniels is still a freak.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

While our zone varies a little depending on the other team. We primarily play a 4-1. Which can suck against good passing teams because Dickerson and Timmins are slow so they give up the back door too often. If we get McDaniels too, I'd think we'd play some 3-2. But regardless, we are no where near a 2-3.

I wish we'd switch to some 1-3-1 concepts at times. And take advantage of the trap in the corner. We seem more interested in stopping the corner shot than trying to get that double team. Would be effective to switch into that for a few plays at a time.
    Good shit hondo.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

damn hondo
  • Options
    Our zone is kind of an amoeba.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

@Tequilla getting a challenge for zone d superiority guy!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

This is why Oregon State seems to have our number. Tres Tinkle just shreds our defense with smart passes to open Thompson brothers or hard slashes to the basket. I agree on the 1-3-1. If we could pull that out against OSU this weekend maybe we could finally take care of those fags.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

This is why Oregon State seems to have our number. Tres Tinkle just shreds our defense with smart passes to open Thompson brothers or hard slashes to the basket. I agree on the 1-3-1. If we could pull that out against OSU this weekend maybe we could finally take care of those fags.
    I mean we’ve played them twice under Hop, let’s not give them too much credit just yet.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,869
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He’s better defensively.
    Until Anton Watson drops 30 on him.

• Options

2001400ex said:

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

Oh fuck I forgot about tinkle. He destroyed us last year.
  • Options

Our zone is kind of an amoeba.

Lol that is true. Which I think is a good thing for the most part. Of course if you play the exact same zone, teams will find holes in it.

The national media and those that call games don't get this tho. Cause they always talk about the zone defense like it's one static defense.