Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DeepDawg said:

Just got a CB to UW from 247's director of basketball scouting. He was one of the first people to put in a CB for Stewart before the avalanche of CB's started.

Hop got a top 10 player from the other side of the country to commit.. No way he lets someone he wants from 25 miles down the freeway get away.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

The only problem I have with the 2-3 year model is dudes blow up after 1 year (Chriss) and should have the right to make a million dollar paycheck.

Letting them jump straight out eliminates that number greatly because guys like Zion never show up. This will give more continuity to teams by default.

College basketball does suck now, NCAA to incompetent to fix it

We don't know that though. If Criss was in college for 2-3 years he may have developed far better than trolling against much more developed and ready NBA guys. When he can't stay in a college game based on fouls going to the NBA wasn't exactly going to increase his useful defensive numbers. Agreed it does eliminate some guys from getting paydays, but they still have the option of going out of HS, which Chriss probably would have done and then he's in the same place.

All that being said, Criss was best to leave b/c romar wasnt' developing him.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

The only problem I have with the 2-3 year model is dudes blow up after 1 year (Chriss) and should have the right to make a million dollar paycheck.

Letting them jump straight out eliminates that number greatly because guys like Zion never show up. This will give more continuity to teams by default.

College basketball does suck now, NCAA to incompetent to fix it

We don't know that though. If Criss was in college for 2-3 years he may have developed far better than trolling against much more developed and ready NBA guys. When he can't stay in a college game based on fouls going to the NBA wasn't exactly going to increase his useful defensive numbers. Agreed it does eliminate some guys from getting paydays, but they still have the option of going out of HS, which Chriss probably would have done and then he's in the same place.

All that being said, Criss was best to leave b/c romar wasnt' developing him.
    2 year rule would have fucked Chriss.

Hard to imagine him getting drafted any higher than 8th overall. Now that we've seen him in the NBA he probably would have exposed himself and dropped.

He was picked purely off potential and NBA ego thinking they could develop his rawness.

The argument if staying 2 years was better for his development and long term professional earnings is another debate.
    I want to hear how Romar development would be better than NBA development.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Scored 51 pts tonight...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Scored 51 pts tonight...

plz stop
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Best player in the country
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't even fill a tiny gymnasium when a potential 1st overall pick is in the house, wtf?

Back in my day, anytime anyone was a D1 guy the gym was packed.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Can't even fill a tiny gymnasium when a potential 1st overall pick is in the house, wtf?

Back in my day, anytime anyone was a D1 guy the gym was packed.
    Especially on senior night...
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It’s Federal Way it’s too far from the hoop heads in Seattle and no one from Tacoma cares. Still should be packed with students
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Does Federal Way still have that coach that everyone hates? I remember going to a FOOTBALL coaches seminar like 10 years ago and everyone was talking about how sleazy he was
  • RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,760
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Does Federal Way still have that coach that everyone hates? I remember going to a FOOTBALL coaches seminar like 10 years ago and everyone was talking about how sleazy he was

Still is.

Jerome Collins is everything bad about high school sports. Makes Butch G. look like a choirboy.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LOL @ the white kid trying to draw a charge