Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jaden McDaniels (Federal Way) (COMMITTED) (EMFA KENTUCKY)

Comments

• Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

Our zone is kind of an amoeba.

Lol that is true. Which I think is a good thing for the most part. Of course if you play the exact same zone, teams will find holes in it.

The national media and those that call games don't get this tho. Cause they always talk about the zone defense like it's one static defense.
    I've heard Hop refer to it as an active zone in interviews lately.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,564
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

The key with McDaniels is his fucking length. Length is so, so, so huge when it comes to basketball players on defense. If you're long on defense you can really be a fucking stud. Look at fucking Kawhi.

Especially in the 2-3
    Who plays a 2-3?

While our zone varies a little depending on the other team. We primarily play a 4-1. Which can suck against good passing teams because Dickerson and Timmins are slow so they give up the back door too often. If we get McDaniels too, I'd think we'd play some 3-2. But regardless, we are no where near a 2-3.

I wish we'd switch to some 1-3-1 concepts at times. And take advantage of the trap in the corner. We seem more interested in stopping the corner shot than trying to get that double team. Would be effective to switch into that for a few plays at a time.
    This is why Oregon State seems to have our number. Tres Tinkle just shreds our defense with smart passes to open Thompson brothers or hard slashes to the basket. I agree on the 1-3-1. If we could pull that out against OSU this weekend maybe we could finally take care of those fags.
    I mean we’ve played them twice under Hop, let’s not give them too much credit just yet.
    Three times. Blew a big second half lead in Corvallis and gave up 97pts. Escaped with a two pt. win in Seattle where we gave up 77 pts. and they knocked us out of the pac tourney. Id say they play us pretty fucking tough.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Can it be thursday already?
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dhdawg said:

I know we make joke player comps on this board but in all seriousness he looks like a KD clone.

We already had that - Jernard Jerreau
    Lol Slim Boogie. I bought into that hype unfortunately. If he hadn’t gotten injured!!!!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    U

dhdawg said:

I know we make joke player comps on this board but in all seriousness he looks like a KD clone.

Lol Slim Boogie. I bought into that hype unfortunately. If he hadn’t gotten injured!!!!
    Joel Wolfinger will be the second best center in the Pac10 (after Spencer Hawes).

Scott Suggs is going to have an all conference senior year.

Jernard Jerreau is the next Kevin Durant.

Doogman hoops takes are somehow even worse than their football takes.
    With Paris Blackwell coming in next year, we are sure to make the tournament
    Nigel Williams Goss is a five star
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

dhdawg said:

Joel Wolfinger will be the second best center in the Pac10 (after Spencer Hawes).

Just checked, Tony Wroten is currently playing in Estonia at age 25. ESTONIA! Life comes at you fast, maybe he should have fixed his broke ass shot before going pro. Whoops!
    Wroten has also been waived by multiple D league teams. He had a couple bright moments early on in the NBA but has been a shit show ever since.
    As a Grizz fan those bright moments might literally have been two. He was much awful from day one.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dhdawg said:

Just checked, Tony Wroten is currently playing in Estonia at age 25. ESTONIA! Life comes at you fast, maybe he should have fixed his broke ass shot before going pro. Whoops!
    Wroten has also been waived by multiple D league teams. He had a couple bright moments early on in the NBA but has been a shit show ever since.
    As a Grizz fan those bright moments might literally have been two. He was much awful from day one.
    Leaving his freshman year was probably the right move. He wouldn't have been a 1st round pick without improving his sophomore season.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    Blackwell was atrocious
  • Options
    RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899

dhdawg said:

With Paris Blackwell coming in next year, we are sure to make the tournament
    I had almost forgotten about some of the atrocious bigs romar brought in.. thanks asshole
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    A few Roman frontcourt fav players,
    Jamal Williams, Brockness, Chriss,
    Upshaw, Bobby Jones, Dime.