Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lathan Ransom, 2020 4* DB, Tucson (Salpointe Catholic), AZ (Offered 5/14/18)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

There is some truth to what SAC is saying ...

There’s also a lot of purple shades spin in there as well

Ringo will be a miss if we don’t land him ... period

Smalls is a miss if we don’t land him ... period

There are always reasons ... but that doesn’t mean that some of those reasons aren’t controllable by UW

I agree. And I say that as a pretty well known hardcore "results" guy.

I think I get his (SAC) meaning, though it is a bit strong for me. If we offer some kid and he is just not down at all from the start, then I kind of get the "no whiff" thing. Some kids just don't want UW at all ever. Ok fine. It does beg the question of why we would extend an offer to a kid with zero interest, but whatever, it happens I guess?

The part I diverge from SAC is the coaches cooled part. There is no way, knowing how our coaching staff so thoroughly vets these kids before an offer (see Latu, Simon), that our staff cools on them for reasons related to personality. Maybe very occasionally if some major red flag comes up, but our staff is known for their due diligence. If our staff is cooling on them I think it is usually because they are giving up when they see the winds directly against them, or whatever.

TL;DR: Not all whiffs are created equally, but most whiffs are on the coaches not selling a kid properly, and occasionally due to kids just not being interested at all.
    I do agree that I do think that are coaches back off when it becomes pretty clear that they are out of it

I do however think that while there are instances where we cool on a kid for fit, there’s also times we see guys not develop as much as we think and their projection changes.

Best way I can describe it is that there are probably instances where you start a relationship with somebody and it all seems good and then as the relationship develops you realize it isn’t a great fit. That I’m sure happens. Then add the occasional cheating and you have another group.
  • Options
    vadawg said:

UW doesn't offer unless they know there's mutual interest....I got that first hand from Pete's mouth concerning a recruit from Briar Woods out here (Virginia) 4 years ago.

SAC = AIDS

Anybody that doesn’t believe this at this point is a fucking idiot
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

There are always reasons ... but that doesn’t mean that some of those reasons aren’t controllable by UW

I think I get his (SAC) meaning, though it is a bit strong for me. If we offer some kid and he is just not down at all from the start, then I kind of get the "no whiff" thing. Some kids just don't want UW at all ever. Ok fine. It does beg the question of why we would extend an offer to a kid with zero interest, but whatever, it happens I guess?

The part I diverge from SAC is the coaches cooled part. There is no way, knowing how our coaching staff so thoroughly vets these kids before an offer (see Latu, Simon), that our staff cools on them for reasons related to personality. Maybe very occasionally if some major red flag comes up, but our staff is known for their due diligence. If our staff is cooling on them I think it is usually because they are giving up when they see the winds directly against them, or whatever.

TL;DR: Not all whiffs are created equally, but most whiffs are on the coaches not selling a kid properly, and occasionally due to kids just not being interested at all.
    I don’t know swaye, this feels like justification for poor results. I get the whole cooling thing but the fact that such a vetting process occurs to get the offer, I can’t comprehend why they would cool on any offered croot. (One offs and unforeseen circumstances aside).

As far as the logic I feel like I was hitting on a 10 at the bar. She wasn’t giving me the fuck me now vibes but I knew if I saw this one through she’d be making me breakfast. Out of the corner of my eye I see a 7 doing the Sharon stone crossed/uncrossed leg thing towards me. At the end of the night I’m not going home alone but do I pick the 10 that will require some work to close but will get there or the lie down sale (pun intended) not wearing any pantys? I decide to turn my attention to the 7 as I’m pretty sure I can nail her in the bathroom. My justification for passing on the 10, she had on 3 inch stilettos and I prefer 4.

WTF?

Whatever our reason for lack of results are, we can always justify why it didn’t work out, how it wasn’t our fault and how this other option or prospect is much better! Feels like Human nature as confident people can’t always internally analyze things to make improvements because that would require admitting they made a mistake this harming an already fragile psyche. Not going to name names...
    I don’t know the numbers off the top of my head but how many do we offer each class? 80-100?

We close on about 25% of those that we offer ... our success rate is quite high.

Not saying that we couldn’t do better but when the results are strong (and they have been) and we are closing a high number of those that we invest our time and energy in, then you are looking at tweaking your strategy to get better results vs taking the strategy and turning it on its head.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

I don’t know swaye, this feels like justification for poor results. I get the whole cooling thing but the fact that such a vetting process occurs to get the offer, I can’t comprehend why they would cool on any offered croot. (One offs and unforeseen circumstances aside).

As far as the logic I feel like I was hitting on a 10 at the bar. She wasn’t giving me the fuck me now vibes but I knew if I saw this one through she’d be making me breakfast. Out of the corner of my eye I see a 7 doing the Sharon stone crossed/uncrossed leg thing towards me. At the end of the night I’m not going home alone but do I pick the 10 that will require some work to close but will get there or the lie down sale (pun intended) not wearing any pantys? I decide to turn my attention to the 7 as I’m pretty sure I can nail her in the bathroom. My justification for passing on the 10, she had on 3 inch stilettos and I prefer 4.

WTF?

Whatever our reason for lack of results are, we can always justify why it didn’t work out, how it wasn’t our fault and how this other option or prospect is much better! Feels like Human nature as confident people can’t always internally analyze things to make improvements because that would require admitting they made a mistake this harming an already fragile psyche. Not going to name names...
    What's your development like? Can you fuck the seven into a ten before the night is over? Does she understand how hard this will be?
    I gave up a number of years ago after my development skills developed multiple children.

I did once fuck an 8 into my gf then she realized she didn’t want to be with a guy with a child from another women so I went back to that 3 and kept pro-creating.

fMl
    Revealing
  • Options

vadawg said:

vadawg said:

UW doesn't offer unless they know there's mutual interest....I got that first hand from Pete's mouth concerning a recruit from Briar Woods out here (Virginia) 4 years ago.

SAC = AIDS

Here's a quote from an interview with the OL from TN:

"They haven't offered yet, but they did say they were interested and now that they know how interested I am, that was something they were sorta waiting for,"

Proves my point on who and when we offer.....SAC, you're an idiot.
    Who the fuck didn't know that? I already knew that you fucktard. There are differing levels of interest you idiot. A kid could say "oh yes sir, I'd be very interested in an offer from the University of Washington" because that's what most kids fucking do to be respectful or get more offers. Actions speak louder than words. If we offer two Texas DB's and one commits to Oklahoma soon after and the other never cares enough to visit UW, do you think either was really all that interested in coming here? Fuck no.

To count Ryan Watts and Xavion Alford as misses is fucking retarded. They are from Texas for fuck sake. They had their dream school or dream schools growing up and UW wasn't one of them. They were never coming here no matter what. We offer kids like that all the fucking time so don't give me this bullshit about Petersen only offering kids who are interested in coming to UW. Half of our fucking offer sheet are kids who aren't actually interested, will never visit UW, and are never fucking coming here in a million years.
    So what I’m hearing is that we really need to be more selective... chinteresting.
    No we don't. The point is, not everybody that UW offers and doesn't get is a miss. Each recruitment is different and has it's own context. You have to follow recruiting closely to know who UW actually wants and who actually reciprocates that interest. When those two things are combined, it leads to an actual recruiting battle with other schools. When UW loses those actual recruiting battles, then that's a miss. But you can't lose if you're never even in the race.
    The bolded is a really good point ... and in my mind really worth tracking

At this point, there was a list of schools that I feel we are directly recruiting against ... losing to SOME of those schools doesn’t give me crazy heartburn

Losing guys that we are serious about to schools not on this list at this point is what I deem a massive failure

We are able to get walk-ons at this point to turn down scholarships from other P12 schools at this point ... that’s the power that we hold ... and I’m not sure we’ve ever really held that power before
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

WTF?

What's your development like? Can you fuck the seven into a ten before the night is over? Does she understand how hard this will be?
    I gave up a number of years ago after my development skills developed multiple children.

I did once fuck an 8 into my gf then she realized she didn’t want to be with a guy with a child from another women so I went back to that 3 and kept pro-creating.

fMl
    Revealing
    I’m an open book.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

vadawg said:

vadawg said:

SAC = AIDS

Here's a quote from an interview with the OL from TN:

"They haven't offered yet, but they did say they were interested and now that they know how interested I am, that was something they were sorta waiting for,"

Proves my point on who and when we offer.....SAC, you're an idiot.
    Who the fuck didn't know that? I already knew that you fucktard. There are differing levels of interest you idiot. A kid could say "oh yes sir, I'd be very interested in an offer from the University of Washington" because that's what most kids fucking do to be respectful or get more offers. Actions speak louder than words. If we offer two Texas DB's and one commits to Oklahoma soon after and the other never cares enough to visit UW, do you think either was really all that interested in coming here? Fuck no.

To count Ryan Watts and Xavion Alford as misses is fucking retarded. They are from Texas for fuck sake. They had their dream school or dream schools growing up and UW wasn't one of them. They were never coming here no matter what. We offer kids like that all the fucking time so don't give me this bullshit about Petersen only offering kids who are interested in coming to UW. Half of our fucking offer sheet are kids who aren't actually interested, will never visit UW, and are never fucking coming here in a million years.
    So what I’m hearing is that we really need to be more selective... chinteresting.
    No we don't. The point is, not everybody that UW offers and doesn't get is a miss. Each recruitment is different and has it's own context. You have to follow recruiting closely to know who UW actually wants and who actually reciprocates that interest. When those two things are combined, it leads to an actual recruiting battle with other schools. When UW loses those actual recruiting battles, then that's a miss. But you can't lose if you're never even in the race.
    The bolded is a really good point ... and in my mind really worth tracking

At this point, there was a list of schools that I feel we are directly recruiting against ... losing to SOME of those schools doesn’t give me crazy heartburn

Losing guys that we are serious about to schools not on this list at this point is what I deem a massive failure

We are able to get walk-ons at this point to turn down scholarships from other P12 schools at this point ... that’s the power that we hold ... and I’m not sure we’ve ever really held that power before
    This is some real shit. Yea, been a long time that we have had people turn down full for a pwo.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    making his commitment tomorrow to one of Ohio State, Texas, or Notre Dame (LOL)

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Someday we’ll need the real story on this DB class.

so, I could tell you but I'd be sleeping with the fishes.

Become a RealDog subscriber and Ruth will tell you that she'll tell you when the signing day is over and then she'll just never bring it up again.
    She's still doing that shit?

That's why I unsubscribed after the class of 2002.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,265
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    vadawg said:

SAC = AIDS

Missed this poast... who TF was Pete after at Briar Woods 4 years ago? McSorely? The CB who went to Stanford?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Word is the kids are afraid of the depth chart at uw. Or so I hear from doogman
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

making his commitment tomorrow to one of Ohio State, Texas, or Notre Dame (LOL)

I know we aren’t on the list, but I stil like our chances.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    are we donged?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

are we donged?

Wolfie style
  • Options