Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jalen McMillan, 2020 4* WR, Fresno (San Joaquin), CA (COMMITTED!)

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

These guys and Puka are going to be a problem. I’m very excited about them. I don’t think there is a very large gap between any of them. They all will be good.
    Oddly you probably left off the top receiver. Bynum is going to be all conference next year and easily a 1000 WR.
    That seems overly optimistic considering we don’t even know if we’ll have a quarterback. Who was UW’s last 1000 yard receiver? Jermaine Kearse?
    I did my research and answered my own question. The only 1000 yard seasons this decade were John Ross in 2016 and Jermaine Kearse in 2010. There’s no fucking way Bynum gets 1000 next season. That’s fucking retarded to even suggest it.
    You mean 2016 and 2010 is the last time UW had a decent offense?
    Who would have thought
    2010 was not a good offense. 2011 and 13 were pretty good when Price was smiling and had his stinger. ;)
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019

Beno4Life said:

These guys and Puka are going to be a problem. I’m very excited about them. I don’t think there is a very large gap between any of them. They all will be good.
    Oddly you probably left off the top receiver. Bynum is going to be all conference next year and easily a 1000 WR.
    That seems overly optimistic considering we don’t even know if we’ll have a quarterback. Who was UW’s last 1000 yard receiver? Jermaine Kearse?
    I did my research and answered my own question. The only 1000 yard seasons this decade were John Ross in 2016 and Jermaine Kearse in 2010. There’s no fucking way Bynum gets 1000 next season. That’s fucking retarded to even suggest it.
    You mean 2016 and 2010 is the last time UW had a decent offense?
    Who would have thought
    2010 was not a good offense. 2011 and 13 were pretty good when Price was smiling and had his stinger. ;)
    I said decent offense
    1400 yard rusher and 1000 yard receiver
    And Goodwin was decent second option
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Beno4Life said:

Fuller had 874 in 2018 Right now he will be the top Target, until he’s not. Puka and Spiker will be good.
    The freshman, will be freshman, good games and bad

To say he won’t is almost as fucktarded as saying he will tbh
    It's less fucktarded to say he won't because he starts with 0.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Beno4Life said:

For Bynum to top 1000 yards every one of these things needs to happen:

1. Eason needs to come back
    2. Bynum needs to play primarily outside receiver rather than slot
    3. Bynum needs to hold off Puka for the #1 receiver spot
    4. Bynum needs to stay healthy all year
    5. Eason needs to stay healthy all year
    6. UW needs to play at least 14 games

If all six of those things happen, I could see Bynum topping 1000 yards.

I don't see any scenario where he tops 1000 yards next year "easily".
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Submitting my crystal dong to UW.

• Options
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    McMillan said he's looking forward to representing Fresno and his school as the first selection from SJM, in the All-American Bowl. He said Sam Huard called him every day after Chris Petersen announced he was stepping down to ensure he stayed in the class. McMillan said Notre Dame and USC both hit him up and he definitely had some questions but never seriously considered going elsewhere. He did say he's been getting some looks as a potential baseball draft pick but would have to be a top 5 round pick with life-changing money to even consider that. He hasn't heard a timeline for an OC hire but said Jimmy Lake told him he's looking for an offensive coordinator who will attack the defense.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Kid looks really good in the all American practices so far
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Yeah, the TBS experts are saying he is by far the best WR in the west. I think he starts from day 1. He and Puka will be a killer WR tandem for the next few years.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I worry about his small frame but there’s no doubt he can ball. It’ll be interesting to see if Junior will play the incoming frosh over the other guys.
  • Options

I worry about his small frame but there’s no doubt he can ball. It’ll be interesting to see if Junior will play the incoming frosh over the other guys.

Small frame, wut?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Opera singer or fuller have a small frame. This kid does not have small frame. He is not huge like Odunze,
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    He’s a skinny kid, Jesus Christ. Chill out doogs.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

Having a small frame and being skinny are two different things. Cade otton was skinny but had huge frame. He not skinny now.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, the TBS experts are saying he is by far the best WR in the west. I think he starts from day 1. He and Puka will be a killer WR tandem for the next few years.
    I didn’t read that, but I read that he looked good. Gee Scott had a nice write up too. It was a pretty good year for WR’s on the West Coast.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t love him as much as most here, but he’s really good and can contribute year one. I really think all three of the freshman WR’s offer something we need and can contribute year one behind Puka and Bynum.
  • Options

He's not DK Metcalf but he's not Jordan Chin either.

He has an average WR frame for his height, which is plenty.