Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Drake Jackson, 2019 4* DE, Corona (Centennial), CA

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

My dog is fucking stupid she chases after rocks that are into the water. After 11 years you think she would get a clue.

We've long known that dogs and owners often look alike. We also know that dogs have bonded with humans for so long that they can both understand their owners and pick up on their emotions (to a certain degree). Well, a recent study takes this a step further. It shows that dogs also mirror their owners' personalities.

Like Dog, Like Owner. Like Owner, Like Dog.

Jill is high-energy in social situations and so is her dog, Olive. While Jill is busy being the hostess with the mostest, Olive is right there with her, greeting each guest with a friendly bark and a wagging tail. On Jill's days off from work, you can find Olive and her relaxing in front of a Netflix marathon. Yes, it's precious that they're so much alike, but it's not actually a coincidence.

In the February 2017 study published in PLOS One, Austrian researchers found that dogs and their owners shared similar personality traits, including the Big Five: agreeableness, neuroticism, extraversion, conscientiousness, and openness. This was discovered by studying 132 dogs and their owners using behavioral tests and physical markers (including heart rates and cortisol levels). The results? Dogs' and owners' temperaments often influence each other. Calm and relaxed dog owners can spur similar traits in their dogs, and vice versa. Lead author Dr. Iris Schoberl, of the University of Vienna, tells the BBC, "Our results nicely fit to experience from practice: owners and dogs are social dyads [a group of two], and they influence each other's stress coping."

The Recipe For Chill

If your pup suffers from anxiety, the best thing you can do is lead by example. According to the BBC, Schoberl emphasizes that dogs are "sensitive to their owners' emotional states and may mirror their emotions." When Jill is stressed, Olive is probably stressed, and when Jill needs to relax by spending hours re-watching the entirety of "Lost" for the fifth time, Olive is right there, winding down with her.
    To be fair it’s my mom’s dog. She’s not stupid she’s just super energetic.
    Pics?

We are talking about mom right?
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018

Tequilla said:

This is why he gets the high proof rum during his pods while Teq gets Buffalo Trace

Don’t twist, I love me some Buffalo Trace (as well as the rest of their lineup, that distillery is dope).

Just explaining that it’s clear DDY has some cash.

Trust me, if I could buy Pappy’s in the store that’s all I’d be drinking on the Pod when I decide to make an appearance
    Pappys is overated. Also if you’ve never had it Toronado in Roosevelt does tastings of it for like 12 bucks so you don’t have to waste a fuckload on a bottle.
    Overated? IDKAT, it’s pretty fucking fantastic.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    animate said:

I recognize the wall oven. I have that. But your fridge.... Is that a True unit?
    Looks like Sub-Zero
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

This is why he gets the high proof rum during his pods while Teq gets Buffalo Trace

Don’t twist, I love me some Buffalo Trace (as well as the rest of their lineup, that distillery is dope).

Trust me, if I could buy Pappy’s in the store that’s all I’d be drinking on the Pod when I decide to make an appearance
    Pappys is overated. Also if you’ve never had it Toronado in Roosevelt does tastings of it for like 12 bucks so you don’t have to waste a fuckload on a bottle.
    This.

Bambino smoking crack.

1022 in Tacoma. Tell Rose that I sent ya...
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Charissa Thompson nudes make everything better

• Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This decorated like a gay man. Confirmed.
    Oh sweet summer child there is much to learn... That’s about as straight as you can get for single bachelor pad in adult life.
    I'm pretty sure the dog biscuits are resting on a Foosball table. None of the men I've had sex with have ever had one of those in their kitchen
    Well if this ain't a HH post then I've been led to another bored
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    Doogles said:

No way Drake Jackson commits to UW if he's seen the last two pages of his thread.

To be fair, there is probably no way anything above a 2.5* would commit to UW if he (she?) read these boreds.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

My dog is fucking stupid she chases after rocks that are into the water. After 11 years you think she would get a clue.

I never bash the Dawgs dogs
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TommySQC said:

DawgFader said:

Tequilla said:

This.

Bambino smoking crack.

1022 in Tacoma. Tell Rose that I sent ya...
    Crack is great
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Had Pappy 18 at my wedding with my buddies. Now, I was fucking in deeeeeep at that point before the bottle got broken out, but it definitely was not overrated.

Also, this was at a Whiskey Bar so it was a legit bottle and not a knock off someone paid too much for.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Had Pappy 18 at my wedding with my buddies. Now, I was fucking in deeeeeep at that point before the bottle got broken out, but it definitely was not overrated.

Also, this was at a Whiskey Bar so it was a legit bottle and not a knock off someone paid too much for.
    Also, WL Weller 12 is a really nice substitute for Pappy since it’s the same mash bill, though it’s starting to get the same treatment of limited stock and limited releases.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Did your husband have some too?
    He had cranberry/aperol/champagne cocktails because he’s a fancy bitch.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414

Tequilla said:

Did your husband have some too?
    He had cranberry/aperol/champagne cocktails because he’s a fancy bitch.
    Straight iced down Campari is beary manish.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    ZoneUW said:

Damn this whole time I thought Dennis was a janitor at Spanaway High School
    He cleans homes on the side