Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Most painful Husky losses that you remember

13»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,099 Founders Club

92 Arizona
    93 Rose Bowl seeing Michigan run like crazy through the defense
    99 Arizona
    01 Texas Holiday Bowl

UW defeated Arizona in 1999.
    Meant 98.
    So why didn't you say so the first time?
  • The USC tie really ranks up there the more I think about it.

To blow a 21-0 lead at home was unthinkable.

Lambo in 1995 had one of the worst coached seasons ever by a guy who hadn't quit.

Blew ND, USC and Oregon by himself. Almost blew the Army game as well.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    Agreed

A good (not great) coach could have gotten 9-3 out of that team. The sanctions hadn't really effected depth yet.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    There is probably a slight difference between most painful and worst.

For me the most painful by far was Arizona 1992. I was only 8 but knew it was going to be a tough game. That was the most upset I've ever been over a sporting event. 1995 USC was most likely second with UCLA 1998 being third. The 94 Oregon game I felt at the time could be a repeat of 92 Arizona. Playing an upstart team on the road with a great defense. 1995 Oregon was also bad. Same with 1997 Oregon.

The 2003 UCLA game started our second downfall. It may have started earlier but I knew that game would tell us if we would be good like we should have been or if we'd have a repeat of 2002. 13-0 lead and end up losing like 50-16. Then we lost to Nevada and got badly blown out against Cal and lost to an awful Arizona team. I trace our the origin of our downfall on the field to that UCLA game. I think we weren't in the top 25 after that for years and years.

Worst
    -1990 UCLA- cost us a NC
    -1982 WSU- cost us RB & maybe NC?
    -1992 UA- started downfall
    -1995 USC- cost us RB
    -1995 UO- cost us RB
    -1999 UCLA- cost us RB
    -2003 UCLA- started downfall

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Kenny Wheaton's gonna score.
  • Wheaton at the time pissed me off but I chalked that up to an aberration. Why 1995 Oregon loss hurt so much because it was two years in a row and it cost us the Rose Bowl.

1997 that three game tailspin really pissed me off with losing to Oregon at home, getting plunger raped in a must win at UCLA then losing to the fucking cougs at home as they clinch a Rose Bowl. I wanted Lambo gone so bad after that(I started to want him fired after 1995 even though 1994 he proved he was a bad coach).

2003 UW was ranked heading into UCLA and weren't ranked again until 2009 when Stanford plunger raped UW.