Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Most painful Husky losses that you remember

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    edited November 2013
    UConn 06
    Michigan 2002
    Texas 2001
    Miami 2001
    Oregon 2000
    UCLA 1999
    UConn 98
    Oregon 97
    Notre Dame 95
    Oregon 95
    Michigan 93
    Arizona 92
    WSU 92
    UCLA 90

Pretty sad that with all the UW football losses in the past decade none of them hurt as bad as they used to. I'm numb to Husky football.
    edited November 2013

Only time I was ever happy after a loss was Hawaii in 2007 as I thought for sure that was the final nail in the Tyrone coffin.

When Ty was announced for a year four that was easily the most devastated I felt in the past decade. I couldn't believe it at all.

I hated the hire but when after year three when they looked at all the evidence to bring that fucker back when Mora was sitting right fucking there in town I was so pissed.

That was the only game I ever rooted against UW from kickoff to final whistle. When Reece dropped that pass I knew we were free. I even posted this pic on DM.c.

I hate that I continue to know more about sports than our AD's.
  • dnc said:

Only time I was ever happy after a loss was Hawaii in 2007 as I thought for sure that was the final nail in the Tyrone coffin.

When Ty was announced for a year four that was easily the most devastated I felt in the past decade. I couldn't believe it at all.

I hated the hire but when after year three when they looked at all the evidence to bring that fucker back when Mora was sitting right fucking there in town I was so pissed.

That was the only game I ever rooted against UW from kickoff to final whistle. When Reece dropped that pass I knew we were free. I even posted this pic on DM.c.

I remember my Doog friends called me pissed off we blew that game and I didn't give a fuck. I was like I'm actually happy we are finally free of Tyrone.

Then when I heard Ty was retained I couldn't fucking believe it.

As for DNC including basketball games those two UCONN games and the UNC game in Thomas final game was so fucking gut wrenching. As was the Oregon State loss in the Pac-12 tournament with Wroten who played great all game long missing 4 straight FT's.
  • dnc said:

UConn 06
    Michigan 2002
    Texas 2001
    Miami 2001
    Oregon 2000
    UCLA 1999
    UConn 98
    Oregon 97
    Notre Dame 95
    Oregon 95
    Michigan 93
    Arizona 92
    WSU 92
    UCLA 90

Pretty sad that with all the UW football losses in the past decade none of them hurt as bad as they used to. I'm numb to Husky football.

Yup. Basketball has given me more painful losses than UW has in the past decade.

Most recent heart breaker for me was Michigan in 2002. Stanford bugged me but it wasn't even in the top 25 most heart breakers.

UW football which was so much to me in my young adult life has just left a void for me in adulthood which sucks.

dnc said:

I remember my Doog friends called me pissed off we blew that game and I didn't give a fuck. I was like I'm actually happy we are finally free of Tyrone.

As for DNC including basketball games those two UCONN games and the UNC game in Thomas final game was so fucking gut wrenching. As was the Oregon State loss in the Pac-12 tournament with Wroten who played great all game long missing 4 straight FT's.
    Yeah that UNC game should have been on my list, good call. I expected Wroten's FT to cost us a game all year so I was pissed but not surprised when we lost that OS game.

The Louisville game was painful in a different way, we never really looked like we belonged on the same court. More embarrassing than gut wrenching. But still very painful.
  • dnc said:

dnc said:

Yeah that UNC game should have been on my list, good call. I expected Wroten's FT to cost us a game all year so I was pissed but not surprised when we lost that OS game.

The Louisville game was painful in a different way, we never really looked like we belonged on the same court. More embarrassing than gut wrenching. But still very painful.
    Yea because that 2005 team didn't lay an egg all year long then they did vs Louisville that was shitty.

The UNC loss hurt because that team had the right makeup of upperclassman and talent to make a run. I wasn't bummed about the UNC draw either as those are the type of teams UW can play with. Then Syracuse is upset so we would have played Marquette another school we match up well with then play Kentucky who if you recall went toe to toe with earlier in the year. That sucked.

Most embarrassing loss in either sport will always be 2001 vs Miami. I didn't expect to win but that was back when UW football meant something so to get your ass kicked that badly was humiliating.
  • Mariners '00 ALCS
    Mariners '01 ALCS
    Seahawks '06 Super Bowl
    UCONN '06 (Worst. Feeling. Ever.)
    Louisville '05
    Notre Dame '09 sucked balls

I dropped my first F-Bomb when David Justice hit the go ahead home run in game six of the '00 ALCS. Remains one of the most painful moments of my life.

Seeing Yankee fans celebrate going up 2-0 in Safeco was enraging. 7 year old me told a douchebag in a Roger Clemens jersey to go back to New York.

God I fucking hate the Yankees.
  • I miss giving a shit about the Mariners too. Those two series really sucked I agree with that.

Seahawks have become the new Huskies to me where they have given me the most joy and most pain in the past decade.

I guess this thread just shows how dead Husky football became once they let go of Rick in June of 2003.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Snow Bowl and Leap by the Lake
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    '89 Condom game - "We" dropped to 2-3 IIRC, and back then, 2-3 wasn't at all fucking acceptable

'03 Nevaduh...was there...fuck Gilby..enough said...

'94 AC - Getting blowm by the Coogs, then facing a long, bowlless offseason sucked

'98 Oahu Bowl - Losing to a team like Air Force was pathetic. It was the first non-winning season since the 70s.

2008 Kal - It was pretty obvious that Try just mailed it in. Fuck him. Winless seasons are always there, plus Doogs will use it as an excuse until kingdom come.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    92 Arizona
    93 Rose Bowl seeing Michigan run like crazy through the defense
    99 98 Arizona
    01 Texas Holiday Bowl
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    1993 rose bowl
    1999 UCLA
    2008 Apple cup (I was beyond ashamed and may have assaulted Ty had I seen ... And when I passed him going into a restroom at Stanford 2011 I blurted out 'CUNT' as he strolled out)
    Leap By the Lake
    ASU and ND in 2009 ... What a fucking waste

They don't hurt me so much a

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

2012 apple cup. What the fuck?

Part of the script, man.

Everyone with a half brain knew UW was losing that game.
    TTJ said:

James '93
    Neuheisel '03
    Mora '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12

Some jerk on Dawgman (RIP) was calling for Mora to be the replacement coach for Neuheisel when Rick was fired.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Nevada loss was one loss that was truly. Shocking... shell shocked after that game
    jecornel said:

Nevada loss was one loss that was truly. Shocking... shell shocked after that game

Hedges should have fired his ass on the 50 yard line after that game.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Hedges should have fired his ass on the 50 yard line after that game.
    There have been a lot of should haves and never should haves at UW over the past twenty years.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    The tie with USC in 1995 was a big letdown. MeShawn Johnson had a big game to help them come back from 21-0 down. Win that and they play Northworstern in the Rose Bowl.
  • 92 Arizona
    99 Arizona
    01 Texas Holiday Bowl

UW defeated Arizona in 1999.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

92 Arizona
    99 Arizona
    01 Texas Holiday Bowl

UW defeated Arizona in 1999.
    Meant 98.