Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,521
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wish the refs would stop separating players and let this game devolve into an absolute bloodbath. My Bolts need a fight to charge them up. Shit is so rigged it's not even funny.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,521
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DON'T MENTION ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT RUSSIAN TROLL!!!!! COMEBACK STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

DON'T MENTION ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT RUSSIAN TROLL!!!!! COMEBACK STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!
    #CAPSYEAR
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I could have sworn that for years I’ve heard people minimize the impact that Iggy has on this team

Like when he was Finals MVP?
    And many thought he was undeserving
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I wish the refs would stop separating players and let this game devolve into an absolute bloodbath. My Bolts need a fight to charge them up. Shit is so rigged it's not even funny.

Based on @PurpleJ and his avatars showing how dialed in he is ... Caps in the Cup Finals rather easily
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

If I’m Stevens my starting lineup for Game 5 gets Smart’s energy in early, Rozier to 2nd unit and away from LBJ, and inserting Baynes to matchup to Thompson’s energy on the glass

1) Baynes into the starting lineup = slowed down Thompson early and helped to wall up the lane on LBJ and keeping him from getting on a roll early

2) Baynes being able to auto switch on screen and rolls with Rozier helped to hide him defensively

3) Morris coming in off the bench brought him back to a really good energy level and out of early foul trouble

4) Marcus Smart continued to do Marcus Smart things

Cavs are obviously a favorite at home in Game 6 ... but I like what Boston did tonight from a lineup standpoint and we'll see what, if any, adjustments Ty Lue can make. The positive tonight for Boston is that they won despite Brown/Rozier going a combined 7 of 30 and 36.5% overall. There's definitely upside for them to play better in Cleveland.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

If I’m Stevens my starting lineup for Game 5 gets Smart’s energy in early, Rozier to 2nd unit and away from LBJ, and inserting Baynes to matchup to Thompson’s energy on the glass

1) Baynes into the starting lineup = slowed down Thompson early and helped to wall up the lane on LBJ and keeping him from getting on a roll early

2) Baynes being able to auto switch on screen and rolls with Rozier helped to hide him defensively

3) Morris coming in off the bench brought him back to a really good energy level and out of early foul trouble

Cavs are obviously a favorite at home in Game 6 ... but I like what Boston did tonight from a lineup standpoint and we'll see what, if any, adjustments Ty Lue can make. The positive tonight for Boston is that they won despite Brown/Rozier going a combined 7 of 30 and 36.5% overall. There's definitely upside for them to play better in Cleveland.
    I like how you worked ‘Ty Lue’ and ‘adjustments’ into the same sentence. Very creative.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I like how you worked ‘Ty Lue’ and ‘adjustments’ into the same sentence. Very creative.
    He started Thompson in this series to combat Boston's "small ball" lineup with Morris starting ... but between his inability to make adjustments and few options at his disposal he's got a problem going forward.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

A lot of words for role players play better at home
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You cant lose the Sante Fe School Memorial Game. Good move by the Rockets here.
  • Options

The state of Texas deserves this win.

• Options

Look for a shootout.

Too soon?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,363
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Today we are all Texans
  • Options
    0-6 on wide open 3's thats cool right??
  • Options
    Did they bring the Pac 12 refs in special for tonight’s game?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2018
    Houston has simply shut GS down the last 2 quarters of B-ball. TSIAO for the Dubs if they don’t figure something out on Offense. Which means Curry and Thompson making a shot or 2 but Hou is giving no quarter on D now.

No Iggy. No flow.
  • Options
    At least the refs are shit both ways.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I miss when NBA players would execute a simple fast break instead of throw it out to the 3 pt line. This game is borderline unwatchable. The pendulum has swung too far to outside shooting in today’s NBA. @haie s late 80s-early 90s Blazers would have run both of these teams off of the court.