Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to OBK

124»

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

LebamDawg said:

I hate Bezos. When the stores are all gone and the workers lose their jerbs, how are they going to be able to buy shit on Amazon. A temporary convenience in exchange for a long term takeover of the economy, and control of your life. That piece of shit wants to control everything and sell everything until there is only one merchant left. Fuck that fucker.

That's very Marxist of you. I knew I smelled revolution on you OBK.
    Revolutions are retarded and the revolutionaries are usually worse than what they replace. Revolution is coming though. Simple fact. The current trajectory that we're on of jobs being replaced by increasing automation, combined with a yearly flood of low skilled immigrants from shithole countries that either take jobs from US citizens or go on the government dole, is not sustainable. When jobs are scarce, people get angry, and they get hungry. There's that word, HUNGRY. Millions of angry, hungry people are fully capable of starting or participating in revolution to take down a government or a system that doesn't work for them. Nazi Germany. Soviet Russia. The French Revolution. Ring any bells? There were lots of angry, hungry people in the failed societies that preceeded these tyrannies.
    yeah like Bozos is trying to take over the world and control us - where did you read that? The WAPO?
    "Amazon doesn't just want to dominate the market, it wants to become the market"

https://thenation.com/article/amazon-doesnt-just-want-to-dominate-the-market-it-wants-to-become-the-market/

"Amazon is trying to control the underlying infastructure of our economy"

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/7xpgvx/amazons-is-trying-to-control-the-underlying-infrastructure-of-our-economy

"Amazon on track to control the world's food supply"

https://medium.com/@justindanneman/amazon-on-track-to-control-the-worlds-food-supply-f0effb343aff

"Amazon wants to be your bank too?"

money.cnn.com/2018/03/05/investing/amazon-jpmorgan-chase-banks-checking-accounts/index.html

"Amazon doesn't just want to control your door: it wants your whole house"

https://fool.com/investing/2018/02/28/amazon-doesnt-just-want-to-control-your-door-it-wa.aspx

HTFH
    So what if Amazon becomes the market? The same monkeys that rang you up at Target will soon be taking your phone calls at Amazon when they ship you the XL sized dildo instead of the XXL sized dildo.

You really should have done more school besides Lane and learned something about bidness.
    You must work there.... Get your head out of Bezos's ass. Your master is trying to kill capitalism but will fail when his punk ass company gets broken up because he's grossly overreached.
  • Options
    Another way of looking at it, monopolies represent capitalism at its worst. Monopolies take capitalism to the extreme, overreaching to the point that their control of markets undermines the whole system and prevents/stifles competition. Even capitalism needs checks and balances to stay healthy and continue to exist. Amazon represents the ugly side of capitalism, the side that will destroy all competition until only one player remains. Such players should be destroyed before they get that far. It's why we break up monopolies.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate Bezos. When the stores are all gone and the workers lose their jerbs, how are they going to be able to buy shit on Amazon. A temporary convenience in exchange for a long term takeover of the economy, and control of your life. That piece of shit wants to control everything and sell everything until there is only one merchant left. Fuck that fucker.

Revolutions are retarded and the revolutionaries are usually worse than what they replace. Revolution is coming though. Simple fact. The current trajectory that we're on of jobs being replaced by increasing automation, combined with a yearly flood of low skilled immigrants from shithole countries that either take jobs from US citizens or go on the government dole, is not sustainable. When jobs are scarce, people get angry, and they get hungry. There's that word, HUNGRY. Millions of angry, hungry people are fully capable of starting or participating in revolution to take down a government or a system that doesn't work for them. Nazi Germany. Soviet Russia. The French Revolution. Ring any bells? There were lots of angry, hungry people in the failed societies that preceeded these tyrannies.
    Bruh, in none of those revolutions did the country in question have anywhere near the standard of living of the USA in 2017.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Bruh, in none of those revolutions did the country in question have anywhere near the standard of living of the USA in 2017.
    Things are ok for now. I'm talking about the trajectory that's not good. A ballooning population that's growing even larger due to immigration combined with destruction of unskilled labor jobs due to automation, is a trajectory that will have the country headed for disaster eventually. Darwinist assholes like NESnake don't get that unrestrained exploitation of economies by companies like Amazon has consequences. One of the most dangerous of those is social upheaval which sometimes leads to revolutions.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Things are ok for now. I'm talking about the trajectory that's not good. A ballooning population that's growing even larger due to immigration combined with destruction of unskilled labor jobs due to automation, is a trajectory that will have the country headed for disaster eventually. Darwinist assholes like NESnake don't get that unrestrained exploitation of economies by companies like Amazon has consequences. One of the most dangerous of those is social upheaval which sometimes leads to revolutions.
    Lol wut?