Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to OBK

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,450
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
tabletmag.com/scroll/257335/robert-muellers-beltway-cover-up

The press also has an interest in prolonging the Mueller probe. Russiagate is good for business, mesmerizing viewers with a grand political spectacle featuring one of the media’s biggest draws for the last several decades—Donald Trump, the boss villain who is now in the White House. Maybe most prominent among the interested media organizations is the paper that has colluded with lawbreakers in publishing the names of US persons whose identities have been illegally leaked by intelligence officials and political operatives—the Washington Post.

Coincidentally, the owner of the Post also has a major stake in letting Mueller do his work to preserve America’s surveillance and spying complex. In 2013, the same year that Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos bought the paper that broke Watergate for $250 million, Amazon Web Services landed a $600 million deal with the US intelligence community. According to a 2017 Washington Post story, AWS created a “cloud storage service designed to handle classified information for U.S. spy agencies,” including the CIA. The cloud technology was to “usher in a new era of cooperation and coordination, allowing agencies to share information and services much more easily.”

And now some intelligence and data experts believe that the CIA cloud is how the Obama administration could have minimized its trail after unmasking US persons. ......

Presumably, the owner of Amazon is not eager to have Amazon customers see that the company with their credit card data and buying and viewing habits on file may have facilitated the US government’s spying on American citizens to advance a campaign of political warfare.

bought a new washer from him last night

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,109
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Its like crack. Credit where it is due. The washer broke down and I'm looking on line and all the local stores and even the big boxes had all this confusing bullshit about free deliver that wasn't available and shit

Two or three clicks on the Amazon app and I have a washer showing up Friday morning.

Give the devil his due

Yeah, I hate Bezos personally, and Amazon on principle, but I am not naive to the fact that in 10 years it will be Amazon or bust, unless you just hate money and want to pay double. Fuck. Cannot believe how much shit on eBay is actually Amazon now. I guess it is just resellers on eBay who take your order and then order it even cheaper off Amazon and ship it to you. LOL. Fucking assholes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Aside...I was reading (barely) an article just a few weeks ago that WalMart has gotten serious about their online arm and are actually making a dent in Amazon. Not sure if true or fake news, but interesting nonetheless. WalMart is probably the only retailer in the world with enough muscle to go after the online space against Amazon. Bezos just crushed everyone else.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,676
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2018

Its like crack. Credit where it is due. The washer broke down and I'm looking on line and all the local stores and even the big boxes had all this confusing bullshit about free deliver that wasn't available and shit

Two or three clicks on the Amazon app and I have a washer showing up Friday morning.

Give the devil his due

Hey old man

I ordered a washer and dryer off best but like 2 weeks ago and it was here in 2 days

Learn to use the computer
  • Options
    Founders Club

Give the devil his due

Hey old man

I ordered a washer and dryer off best but like 2 weeks ago and it was here in 2 days
    I like that Best Buy does free hook up. I'm always too drunk to hook up a washer. I'd flood the trailer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Give the devil his due

Hey old man

Learn to use the computer
    Whats a computer?

I use my phone and the app
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I ordered a new evacuation pump for my Bosch washer from Amazon, it got here in two days and I installed it in 45 minutes. $85 and it runs like new

I thought you're generation fixed shit
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Aside...I was reading (barely) an article just a few weeks ago that WalMart has gotten serious about their online arm and are actually making a dent in Amazon. Not sure if true or fake news, but interesting nonetheless. WalMart is probably the only retailer in the world with enough muscle to go after the online space against Amazon. Bezos just crushed everyone else.

My buddy ordered a poker table from Walmart, shipped to his house for $179. Was $230 on Amazon. So there's that.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also Race, when did you convert to Judaism- i.e., Tablet Magazine?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

I ordered a new evacuation pump for my Bosch washer from Amazon, it got here in two days and I installed it in 45 minutes. $85 and it runs like new

So did my wife but she was wrong too
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Such kraut, BearsWiin. You prolly have a Krups coffee maker too.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Hey now

Don't mess with my kraut heritage
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BearsWiin said:

Hey now

Don't mess with my kraut heritage
    Of the arsch essen kruats? Sehr gut!!
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

No, but my oven seats 20
    mods?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

No, but my oven seats 20
    Buns?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I hate Bezos. When the stores are all gone and the workers lose their jerbs, how are they going to be able to buy shit on Amazon. A temporary convenience in exchange for a long term takeover of the economy, and control of your life. That piece of shit wants to control everything and sell everything until there is only one merchant left. Fuck that fucker.