Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your all time favorite rock band or artist that 81% or more of this bored dislikes?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BearsWiin said:

People forget how much fun Night Ranger's first two albums were. First concert I evar went to was Tesla opening for Night Ranger at the Concord Pavilion

Saw Europe open for Def Leppard at the Shoreline in 1988. Lep was great, Europe was nothing special

I like Leppard. Europe never did it for me. They had that once song they played the shit out of on the radio. Hated it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Didn't Tommy Shaw really hate that strummy ballady shit?

Dennis ruined everything by shitting all over Tommy. Fucking Dennis.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,035
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The most underrated American rock group of the 70s by the way was Big Star. Huge cult favorites out of Memphis but never sold and records.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbnekl_rE-8
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ratt had one great album. I have their greatest hits and its too long. Not enough to fill it

Interesting Behind the Music on them.

You have to respect them though. Pretty sure the only LA Hair Metal band that cared enough about their craft to have a guy actually die from the FBA.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,702
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Ratt had one great album. I have their greatest hits and its too long. Not enough to fill it

You have to respect them though. Pretty sure the only LA Hair Metal band that cared enough about their craft to have a guy actually die from the FBA.
    Every junkie is like the setting sun
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Police lyrics thread got me thinking of a new idea for a shitty YellowSnow music snob thread /pole.

With that said, what is a band or artist that you think is outstanding and amongst the all time greats that most (i.e., < 81%) here think suck?

For me it's the Grateful Dead which are my all time favorite American rock group. But from what I can gather over the past 1.5 years of research we have no other Dead fans and most are either meh or hate them outright.

The wife and her best friend are huge dead fans. I honestly had zero interest until I saw them live. I can only imagine how much better they must have been before their current line up.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

Every junkie is like the setting sun
    No one wrote better junkie songs than Neil.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bad Religion. First album I ever bought for myself was by them. Still makes me want to get into a pit.

https://youtu.be/RXs3ENJ1W7A
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,702
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Valley Girl soundtrack

I'll stop the world and melt with you among others

Nick Cage's big break
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Stevie Nicks and Don Henly "Leather and Lace." If I could turn one woman's voice into a vagina and fuck it, I'd pick Stevie Nicks.

This song made my all time play list

I had a vinyl collection , a CD collection and now I'm downloading my all time play list. Around 300 songs

Its not really bout what is greatest - songs from the 60's and 70's hardly make it since i have heard them thousands of times.

It songs I am not burned out on that I still enjoy when fucked up.
    I hear you on the burn out factor of songs you've heard too many time (and for more decades than many of us). The great thing about today's streaming technology is I'm still finding recordings by the 50's, 60's and 70's that I had no idea of 20 years ago in college.
    I still love Paint it Black even though I've listened to it thousands of tims. I can remember the first time my father played his vinyl copy. To me, it's a song that was so ahead of it's time and the production still holds up to contemporary music.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,937
    Fuck this thread. I've wasted about three fourteen hours watching youtube videos.

Here's one that will get no play but absurdly good. The blonde gave me a boner in '91. Still does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLP3AArnEI

Andrew Strong is a beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzc-bLsmMxg
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BearsWiin said:

People forget how much fun Night Ranger's first two albums were. First concert I evar went to was Tesla opening for Night Ranger at the Concord Pavilion

Saw Europe open for Def Leppard at the Shoreline in 1988. Lep was great, Europe was nothing special

My first was Night Ranger opening for ZZ Top
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,843
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Race was there!!1!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My first concert was Grand Funk Railroad in like 1970. My mom drove us to Seattle

I love Def Leppard. I only started listening to then this century so its still kind of new

I spent the 80's listening to funk and dance music

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    For the Fait accompli, guaranteed to annoy I present another guilty pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z778slDEsds
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Police lyrics thread got me thinking of a new idea for a shitty YellowSnow music snob thread /pole.

With that said, what is a band or artist that you think is outstanding and amongst the all time greats that most (i.e., < 81%) here think suck?

For me it's the Grateful Dead which are my all time favorite American rock group. But from what I can gather over the past 1.5 years of research we have no other Dead fans and most are either meh or hate them outright.

The wife and her best friend are huge dead fans. I honestly had zero interest until I saw them live. I can only imagine how much better they must have been before their current line up.
    Jerry Garcia was the Grateful Dead. No Jerry, no Dead; it's just some surviving members who love touring and god bless 'em, but it's not the same. I never got to see them live before he died in '95. I would have had to catch them on tour when I was in HS and I was a sheltered SLOW STRATEGY kid who probably wouldn't have been a good fit at Dead show. By college I would have been fine and smoked weed and talked shit.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

The Eagles may be hated enough by now to qualify

80's hair metal too

Ratt. Severely underrated.
    Fuck.

I hate it when you have a solid poast.
    This explains your prolonged absence. That, and the travel ban.
    Travel ban???

No way I’m more concerned about deportation vato...

Trump ain’t a friend of my kind ...
    Sledog? That you? There is something oddly familiar about your comebacks.
    Not sure if this is some odd spit roast fantasy of yours.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

The Eagles may be hated enough by now to qualify

80's hair metal too

Ratt. Severely underrated.
    Fuck.

I hate it when you have a solid poast.
    This explains your prolonged absence. That, and the travel ban.
    Travel ban???

No way I’m more concerned about deportation vato...

Trump ain’t a friend of my kind ...
    Sledog? That you? There is something oddly familiar about your comebacks.
    Not sure if this is some odd spit roast fantasy of yours.

Yep. That's you.