Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your all time favorite rock band or artist that 81% or more of this bored dislikes?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

Motley Crue, all time favorite.

Cinderella was the most underrated band of the 80's

Have grown to appreciate Faster Pussycat and LA Guns.

As previously stated, Ratt. They had the best first three albums of any band in history. Fuck you if you disagree.

Great call. Total trash and awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZf2Jja53U
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

Motley Crue, all time favorite.

Cinderella was the most underrated band of the 80's

Have grown to appreciate Faster Pussycat and LA Guns.

As previously stated, Ratt. They had the best first three albums of any band in history. Fuck you if you disagree.

Holy fucking shit.

Nobody is this fucking stupid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,703
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ratt had one great album. I have their greatest hits and its too long. Not enough to fill it

Interesting Behind the Music on them.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,037
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Stevie Nicks and Don Henly "Leather and Lace." If I could turn one woman's voice into a vagina and fuck it, I'd pick Stevie Nicks.

This song made my all time play list

I had a vinyl collection , a CD collection and now I'm downloading my all time play list. Around 300 songs

Its not really bout what is greatest - songs from the 60's and 70's hardly make it since i have heard them thousands of times.

It songs I am not burned out on that I still enjoy when fucked up.
    I hear you on the burn out factor of songs you've heard too many time (and for more decades than many of us). The great thing about today's streaming technology is I'm still finding recordings by the 50's, 60's and 70's that I had no idea of 20 years ago in college.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,844
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The Police lyrics thread got me thinking of a new idea for a shitty YellowSnow music snob thread /pole.

With that said, what is a band or artist that you think is outstanding and amongst the all time greats that most (i.e., < 81%) here think suck?

For me it's the Grateful Dead which are my all time favorite American rock group. But from what I can gather over the past 1.5 years of research we have no other Dead fans and most are either meh or hate them outright.

FREE @HARVEYROAD!
    Harv was a Dead Head?
    @HarveyRoad likes a good jam band.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2018
    Pretty easy for me ... I know 81% of the Bored isn't into Pearl Jam

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

The Police lyrics thread got me thinking of a new idea for a shitty YellowSnow music snob thread /pole.

With that said, what is a band or artist that you think is outstanding and amongst the all time greats that most (i.e., < 81%) here think suck?

For me it's the Grateful Dead which are my all time favorite American rock group. But from what I can gather over the past 1.5 years of research we have no other Dead fans and most are either meh or hate them outright.

FREE @HARVEYROAD!
    Harv was a Dead Head?
    The NeoHippie jam bands suck. The Dead could actually write good songs.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2018

pawz said:

FREE @HARVEYROAD!
    Harv was a Dead Head?
    You missed HHBv1, which is too bad. Explaining to @HarveyRoad the Dead was merely an average NeoHippie jam bad was auce*.

Good times had by all.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Ratt had one great album. I have their greatest hits and its too long. Not enough to fill it

Ratt had three great albums.

Cut right through my youth.

Agree about the greatest hits ...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

pawz said:

FREE @HARVEYROAD!
    Harv was a Dead Head?
    You missed HHBv1, which is too bad. Explaining to @HarveyRoad the Dead was merely an average NeoHippie jam bad was auce*.

Good times had by all.
    Well fuck, why can't we FreeHarv so we can start the Dead higher level discussion bored.

What did he do to get banned?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,937

pawz said:

pawz said:

FREE @HARVEYROAD!
    Harv was a Dead Head?

Good times had by all.
    Well fuck, why can't we FreeHarv so we can start the Dead higher level discussion bored.

What didn't he do?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

Ratt had three great albums.

Cut right through my youth.

Agree about the greatest hits ...
    Those years will color anyone's perception of music. Its why Neil Young is at the top of my list

Another Harv favorite by the way
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

FREE @HARVEYROAD!
    Harv was a Dead Head?

Good times had by all.

He is the Troll @TierbsHsotBoobs looks up to.
  • Options

I saw Ratt and the Scorpions in the Tacoma Dome in the mid 80s and they put on a pretty good show.

Nobody who's sane thinks they have the best first 3 albums of any band, though
    Swaye gave the Metallica albums as an example. High Voltage, Dirty Deeds and Let There Be Rock are another example and they all bury anything Ratt ever did - and it isn't close.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dflea said:

I saw Ratt and the Scorpions in the Tacoma Dome in the mid 80s and they put on a pretty good show.

Swaye gave the Metallica albums as an example. High Voltage, Dirty Deeds and Let There Be Rock are another example and they all bury anything Ratt ever did - and it isn't close.

The only thing you saw the mid 80's was your mom's ass.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

dflea said:

The only thing you saw the mid 80's was your mom's ass.
    Good one, Sledog.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't see anywhere where you said we'd nearly upset a significantly more talented team on the road? Did I miss it?

Or are you just pissed (or blinded) by the fact Flynn played yet another good game? 16, 3 & 7, with only 2 TO's w/ a steal, and yet again leading the team to another comeback? The opening 3 miss was bad as was 1 of his TO's, but nobody plays a perfect game in case you hadn't noticed. Anytime a PG has a 136 player rating that's a good thing.

If you could get past your hatred for the team & the program you'd actually realize this was a good weekend in the Bay area.

#harveyswrongagain

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    edited March 2018
    Man you are all a bunch of fags.

Kylie minogue = legit.

Pearl jam = garbage

Tool is solid

Ratt = okay

There aren't really many underrated rock bands. The only ones that are underrated are that way because they have like two good songs.