Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This just in: Romar still sucks

1235»

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    dhdawg said:

can ernie kent stop using injuries as an excuse. Just shut up it's UC Irvine

If JJ was in the game UW wins this game by 30+. That guy is worth 14 wins by himself.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited November 2013
    I had a doogish post a few pages back. Please disregard. This is fucking inexcusable. It's goddamn UCI, not Arizona. The team bares no resemblance to the BRoy/IT/Brock teams. They have no identity. Their "star" Wilcox disappears for stretches on end. They aren't physical. They don't rebound. After two years of missing the NCAAs this is a do-or-die season, and to have yet another blowout loss to some shit team at home in the non conference.

I would bet any fucking amount of money that the fiendish mods on Doogman are savagely attacking anyone who dare question why we would be run out of our own court by 0-2 UC-Irvine. I bet Beach of "I write four articles a year" fame is vomiting up something like 'lolz it's just 1 game guys conference play is what matters.'

So much for UW hoops as an escape from football failings. Fuck this athletic department.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Embarrassing - another Albany/North Dakota St. College for this year. Don't get me wrong, Romar did some great things back in the early days and we all love him for that, but things have become stale and change is needed. Young, hungry coach with a higher IQ is out there, waiting for an opportunity

Fire Poolboy, Sark, & Romar at once - how's that for melodramatic?

Retain the softball, volleyball, and crew coach - they take winning seriously

• Embarrassing - another Albany/North Dakota St. College for this year. Don't get me wrong, Romar did some great things back in the early days and we all love him for that, but things have become stale and change is needed. Young, hungry coach with a higher IQ is out there, waiting for an opportunity

Fire Poolboy, Sark, & Romar at once - how's that for melodramatic?

Retain the softball, volleyball, and crew coach - they take winning seriously

Yea I wish UW actually gave a flying fuck about sports to pull that move off. This school desperately needs a house cleaning party in the athletic department.

The three most popular mens sports Football, Basketball and Baseball are fucking terrible under Pool Bitch.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Romar is Bellotti
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    Houhusky said:

Romar is Bellotti Riley

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Romar has nothing left if he had anything to begin with. Before at least he brought in players that could make up for his lack of coaching ability (Nate Rob/Broy, Brockman, Pondexter, IT).

Goss will probably be decent and Darin Johnson has potential but both are true freshman and won't make up for Romar's lack of quality bigs. I really do like CJ Wilcox but he isn't a leader whatsoever, he is a nice piece on a team but isn't a go to guy. He doesn't have the fire that Brockman, Pondexter, IT, or Wroten had that could lift a team up.

This season is going to suck, I will still watch since I am a big husky bball (college hoops fan in general) fan but it will be hard to watch. I wasn't able to catch the game last night but I saw the score on my phone and wasn't even mad, it was almost as if I am use to these kind of Romar losses the past 3 years.
  • Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    I would take Bender's in-game coaching 99/100 times over Romar. Romar rode his early momentum and ability to recruit (and use Cameron Dollar for the dirtier recruiting) to bring in some elite talent that helped him win some championships, even though he still found a way to blow the big games we should've won with our better talent. I've never been impressed by his in-game coaching. Hell, he spends 90% of each timeout standing off to the side with his coaching staff while the players sit on the bench twiddling their thumbs.

I do wonder if Romar has what it takes to succeed in the world of recruiting in today's college hoops. The last few years suggest he doesn't.
  • Romar is on the Bellotti, Riley and Tedford tier.

Meaning this could go three ways.

Romar could be pushed out and UW hires a young up and coming coach to take this program to the next level(Bellotti). Although I think that move needed to be done going into the Ross-Wroten year myself.

Romar might have stuck around too long and the program has gone back to being shitty. So this is no longer a good job so the program will continue to be shitty(Tedford). I'm afraid we could be entering this zone.

Romar, you might stick it out with him hoping he turns it around. UW will forever be average(Riley). I think Romar was in the Riley zone last year and has entered the Tedford zone.

Sark's doppelganger is Craig Robinson. Took over a once proud program who has fallen on hard times, went 0 fer and had some early success. Then over time you realized he is limited, full of good speeches and really isn't a good coach.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited November 2013
    dnc said:

Romar is Bellotti Riley tedford

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Romar is Bellotti Riley tedford

The Tedford comps work for the early program turnaround and limited ceiling, but he's absolutely Riley when it comes to non conference performance versus conference.

Romar's teams don't show up until January, just like Riley's don't show up until October.
  • LOL at UW getting boat raced at home to Eastern Washington. #FireWoodward #FireRomar #FireSark
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited November 2013
    Wonder how badly Indiana will paste us tonight as we begin another year of Romar OOC failure
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Gladstone said:

Wonder how badly Indiana will paste us tonight as we begin another year of Romar OOC failure

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Someone gonna start a thread for the game tonight?
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

Someone gonna start a thread for the game tonight?

*SPOILERS*

UW loses 134-47
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    it would surprise me if we weren't competitive...scratch that with romar anything is possible
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    Nothing like another @ss-raping on national TV. We should just rename ourselves the Generals from the Huskies...

Why is it we turn opposing football players into Heisman candidates and opposing basketball teams into superstars? Pool Boy...you are doing a bang-up job as always...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,092 Founders Club